Essendon posters - are they standing firm?

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 11, 2001
Beyond Melbourne
Other Teams
MIGHTY PIES
One of the features over my years on BigFooty has been the presence of so many Essendon supporters who have been here week in week out. sure a few bandwagoners have blown in and out as they do for all teams. But the Bombers have had a squad of dedicated, loyal and quite verbose supporters who have formed quite a team in here. Unfortunately it seems that a period of "hopelessness" is too much for many of them. Some have shamelessly just completely vanished - most are still here but posting at a mere fraction of their previous rate and avoiding discussion of their plight.
A possible win tonight against the miserable Cats may see a few stagger back in - and that will be a good thing for Big Footy - its not the same without them!

Longy gives the most balanced and intelligent commantary on this forum. As a seriously regular poster, he has to put up with tools like Zeke, FU, Pav AA etc etc. He never gets personal and just tells it like it is. Not easy being a bomber at present, and he certainly can't be labelled farirweather.
I like his style!:)

Macpie said:
One of the features over my years on BigFooty has been the presence of so many Essendon supporters who have been here week in week out. sure a few bandwagoners have blown in and out as they do for all teams. But the Bombers have had a squad of dedicated, loyal and quite verbose supporters who have formed quite a team in here. Unfortunately it seems that a period of "hopelessness" is too much for many of them. Some have shamelessly just completely vanished - most are still here but posting at a mere fraction of their previous rate and avoiding discussion of their plight.
A possible win tonight against the miserable Cats may see a few stagger back in - and that will be a good thing for Big Footy - its not the same without them!

Bay 13 Board.

Moss Rocket said:
Longy gives the most balanced and intelligent commantary on this forum. As a seriously regular poster, he has to put up with tools like Zeke, FU, Pav AA etc etc. He never gets personal and just tells it like it is. Not easy being a bomber at present, and he certainly can't be labelled farirweather.
I like his style!:)

Thanks dad ;)

I reckon there are more Essendon supporters on these boards than there was this time last year.

Poor thread, but it's to be expected.

Longy413 said:
Thanks dad ;)

I reckon there are more Essendon supporters on these boards than there was this time last year.

Poor thread, but it's to be expected.

Apparently they call this growth ;)

It's my understanding the members list has grown considerably over the last year, so ALL clubs have more supporters on these boards than this time last year.

There is no doubting as a whole, Bomber supporters are alot quieter this year. But I agree that you Longy, have stuck and flown the flag...

Unlike someone else ... ;)

BigFooty Veteran

Last Activity: 25th May 2006 12:13

essendon have got bad quicker than everyone thought. there supporters are not used to being hopeless and they dont know what to do.
every other team has had there chance in vicoria it is just essendons chance now.
draft picks might give you a couple of good players but it wont make a good team.
how much of the downfall is due to the fact that they could not keep all there players under the salary cap? Hird and the velvet sledehammer. but there list is turning a bit kouta on them.

I'm still here and always will be wether Bombers finish 1st or last. Got to tell it how it is nowadays ...

Even if your AFL Club is performing quite bad there are still lots of other subjects to talk about anyway. So why leave the forums here only cos your afl club is goign crap ?

I don't see the point of that really.

To be fair their year hasn't been great and the hits just keep coming with injuries. Unlucky. I guess there is only so much you can take before you lose hope on a season.

They'll be back next year no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kizza said:
Well, we can only hope. I'll be there tonight, I'm a glutton for punishment! ;)

I'll be there in spirit, just hope we put in a good performance & hopefully have a win.

Not that it will matter to the BF trolls, if we win, it will be because the Cats are a rabble, if we lose, we're either tanking or a rabble, depending on which troll is posting.

Go Bombers. :thumbsu:

Can't speak for other Essendon posters, but you must admit some the post on here are just not worth responing to.
I read all the posts regarding the Bombers but wouldn't waste any effort responsing to Trolls.

Falchoon said:
In fairness, all those 16 year old girls of the late nineties now have a career/family/boyfriend to think of rather than Matty and James.

Numbers are bound to drop off.

I dont think they were that into Hird... but 'Lloydy' on the other hand. That said, I must admit I'm pretty impartial to the hottie 22 year olds still wondering around with 18 on their backs..... :cool: mmmmmmmmmm

PS: Melbourne, Hawks and Doggies girls are the best in the comp by far! :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon posters - are they standing firm?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back