Essendon top up players - Who's available?

Remove this Banner Ad

Always wondered about Siposs, looked good at times a couple of years ago before the wheel fell off. Certainly seems to have talent.

Sam Darley is one who could be considered - very unlucky to be cut
Yeah back end of 2012 Sipposs really killed it in that "quarter-back" role

agree 100%, shocked he got delisted, Biggs a better option though

Fringe player at 2 successful sides. one a premiership side. I'd be interested to know the list of "plenty" who are not on AFL lists who would be better options.
He was a 35-40 player in a premiership side and a fringe player in an average side, with limited ball winning ability and no tank. As midfielders I'd rather go for players like Polkinghorne, Coghlan, Rippon, Simpkin, Schroder, off the top of my head

Why would you say he was 35-40. That is so far off the mark as to be entirely stupid.
A bloke who plays 2 games in 3 years at a club is 35-40 at best. If he were "fringe" he'd have played closer to 20 games over those years.

A bloke who plays 2 games in 3 years at a club is 35-40 at best. If he were "fringe" he'd have played closer to 20 games over those years.

It might have been a long time since Essendon played finals but what you'll find is that sides that play finals (and are Premiers) are likely to have a lower turnover in their side for the year.

As it happens, Nipper was named emergency many times that year which often caused him to miss Reserves games. Which in turn made him unavailable the next week. He was most certainly on the fringe and wouldn't have been out of place in the Premiership side.

It might have been a long time since Essendon played finals but what you'll find is that sides that play finals (and are Premiers) are likely to have a lower turnover in their side for the year.

As it happens, Nipper was named emergency many times that year which often caused him to miss Reserves games. Which in turn made him unavailable the next week. He was most certainly on the fringe and wouldn't have been out of place in the Premiership side.
He didn't play a game for the entire year. Forgive me for saying so but a bloke who doesn't crack the side is hardly a fringe player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's named in the emergencies more often than not then he's on the edge of selection.
He played 38 games in the NEAFL in 2011/12. 20 in 2012. Not a fringe player.

From an ex Carlton point of view you could do much worse than Cachia, not sure how he played last year but always cracked in and is a goer, no world beater but big body to take some pain form the young ones

Already on the rookie list.

They were planning on using Hooker as a forward however. Wouldn't mind giving Grimley a shot.

Tippa will be now on the Senior List after being UpGraded by the AFL

From an ex Carlton point of view you could do much worse than Cachia, not sure how he played last year but always cracked in and is a goer, no world beater but big body to take some pain form the young ones

He's contracted to Norwood for this year

Hey,
Haven't seen if this has been clarified elsewhere, but
if the suspended 12 get paid & the Bombers get top up players,
how does their wage fit into the salary cap?
Doesn't this mean that the Dons will have to shell out even more money?
Surely that's another penalty to the club.

Listed as emergency at least 11 times in 2012. Travelled with the senior side at least 6 times. I know my side better than you do.

Give it up. Essendon will select him. And you'll be damn grateful.
Played 0 games in the AFL in the senior side and was delisted at the end of the year.

Give it up. You're wrong and I'm right and he won't be picked up.
He's contracted to Norwood for this year
Means **** all. You think he'd rather play SANFL to AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon top up players - Who's available?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back