Preview Essendon vs Brisbane, Docklands, Sunday July 24 @ 1:10 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

f*** pick 1, lets boost the kids morale and build a culture that'll win us that 17th flag. Hope we smash them by 100

yeah, I'm going to the game expecting a full on effort from the boys. The last few weeks I reckon you can see the frustration of continual losses building, so even if coaching staff want to play silly buggers with selections/game plan, if they get a sniff they'll take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a very strong counter-argument that aside from the sentimental value of avoiding a wooden spoon, there is also much value to be had in playing to win. Players not really putting in and not caring whether they lose or win is hardly the way to teach them good habits moving forward, I wouldn't have thought.
Also the fact that those players who are quality who are currently considering leaving (or coming to us from other clubs) may well be enticed by the idea that we are competitive and still winning games with plenty of good players to come back.

If we finish last, we finish last. We have been dealt an appalling hand this year and I never expected more than one or two wins.

But we should put our best team on the park and try our guts out. I never thought that we would be here towards the end of the season (although it should be said that we have been reasonably lucky with injuries). But now that we are here, I can't imagine anything better for the club than eking possibly up to three matches.

Indeed, if you go back ten years you would wonder why anybody would even care about the No 1 draft pick.

f*** pick 1, lets boost the kids morale and build a culture that'll win us that 17th flag. Hope we smash them by 100
I agree, **** pick 1. Just read the article on HUN about how long its been since we have had a spoon, and I think it would be great to keep this intact. And especially this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wont be too disappointed if we lose to be honest.

Would like a win though, boost of confidence for younger kids would be fantastic.

Win win either way.

Bloke was on he radio before saying Brisbane should sack the board and coach if they win this week, would seem he wants to tank it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back