Preview Essendon vs North Melbourne, Docklands, Sunday 01/07/18 @ 3:20 PM

Who will concede more goals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how this thinking happens. Ambrose takes shorter lead up types, your Mason Wood's of the world. Not the contested marking beasts like Brown or Hawkins. He would get spanked by Brown because he's the wrong match up.
i just see him torching hooker and hurley :infodeskperson:

i just see him torching hooker and hurley :infodeskperson:
He did pretty well against Riewoldt a few weeks back, who is definitely better on the lead than Brown.

At this early stage I'm thinking Hooker to Brown and Ambrose to Wood (replacing Dea). Hurley can play on the resting ruck or Waite or as loose man if they go with 2 talls.

Since its so obvious they will send Jacobs to Merrett I'd be getting into Jacobs as much as possible. We did a good job last week not letting McGovern have his own way in the backline, this week its the midfield's job to support Merrett so that he can crush them with his disposal.

Green will get replaced by someone (I'd like Laverde or Long) and then Redman may be out injured. I'd like to see Mutch back in the side for Redman.

Guess that Francis will come in for Redman while unsure who will replace Green - Want Ambrose to play 2 games in the VFL ( to make sure he is fit ) before he returns to the AFL which will be in place of Dea.

inb4iwonderwhichessendonwillshowup
I'm more along the lines of what norf will show up. They are very much like the bulldogs where they use Essendon as their grand final. So cute how these two build themselves up for us. Ess by 32 where the switch will be flicked for one quarter led by Adam Saad playing at his stadium, EtiSaad.

I think Green should make way for Colyer or Long.

If Redman doesn't get up then Francis can take his spot.

Longer term Myer's - Brown - Bags, McKernan and Dea probably won't be best 22 but all deserve their spot right now. This week McKernan may be in the firing line if they decide to put Hooker forward and play Francis down back and bring Ambrose in however they might think Hooker suits a Ben Brown match up.

I hope Laverde absolutely smashes the VFL for a few weeks in a row and forces his way back in too.
Agree with all of this.
I hope they bring Long in for Green. Really want Colyer to build his fitness for a few weeks, don't want another foot stress related injury.
Except can't see them swinging Hooker forward.

I don't understand how this thinking happens. Ambrose takes shorter lead up types, your Mason Wood's of the world. Not the contested marking beasts like Brown or Hawkins. He would get spanked by Brown because he's the wrong match up.

Great post, just lose the first sentence. No need to talk down to people.

No to Laverde. Needs to find a run of form before he comes back in.
Doubt there will be many changes unless Redman does not come up or there are other injuries. You do not win two in a row interstate and change the side too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind of bizarre and not sure there's many other examples of this but Green gave away more free kicks (4) than he had disposals (3)..!!! Surely hes out.
Clarke the likely in - possibly Long or Colyer? Francis the other potential in but Im not sure who else would come out

Last edited:
Before any VFL played, but hoping Stewart can kick a bag and put pressure on McKernan who hasn’t been great past few weeks.

Out: Redman, Green
In: Francis, Colyer

Dea Hooker Saad
Francis Hurley McKenna
McGrath Heppell Merrett
Fantastia Brown Stringer
Tipungwuti McKernan Baguley
Bellchambers Langford Smith
Goddard Colyer Guelfi Myers

I for one am pretty excited to see the boys play tommorow. We desperately need depth and competition for spots if we are to keep winning.

Potential outs due to injury are Redman (ankle), Stringer (leg), Smith (calf). Hopefully they all get up for this game

You would need to question Green who only had 4 possessions 3 tackles and 0 goals and looked sore after quarter time.

Out: Green
In: Clarke

Reckon we need another hard nut in the midfield. Merrett will get a heavy tag so he won't be as influential as against Eagles. He will need to play a different role perhaps half back or wing.

Clarke will move into the midfield. Fantasia moves forward.

Get more speed in there and Green just doesn’t cut it.

Ambrose to replace Dea who can take smaller types. Like many others love to see Francis get a game

Really bad luck for Redman after two solid good games.

Hopefully continue with Tippa spending bit more time up the ground, was influential early.

In: Ambrose, Colyer,
Out: Green, Redman (inj)

Can't wait for this game, just tried to get some L1 tickets and none available. Does anyone know if when they go on sale or if they are already sold out?

Taking the kids so want L1

Potential outs due to injury are Redman (ankle), Stringer (leg), Smith (calf). Hopefully they all get up for this game

You would need to question Green who only had 4 possessions 3 tackles and 0 goals and looked sore after quarter time.

Out: Green
In: Clarke

Reckon we need another hard nut in the midfield. Merrett will get a heavy tag so he won't be as influential as against Eagles. He will need to play a different role perhaps half back or wing.

Clarke will move into the midfield. Fantasia moves forward.

Merrett did seem to play a different role. Continually off the back of ghe square at CBD and then started half forward a bit aswell. I like him coming off the back if Jacobs goes to him and then also trying to take him forward. Wont be easy for him no matter what role. Hes just got to have a mindset of defending jacobs from getting the pill aswell

I would prefer Colyer in for Green than Laverde. eth-dog is Laverde playing any midfield in VFL? If he is I'd rather him play on the ball a lot more there and come in as a replacement for Myers in the middle.

Yes Dea has been OK, but I think long term we need to replace him with Francis, just like I'd like to see Laverde replace Myers in the middle. It is going to be tough to fit Ridley, Francis, Redman and Gleeson all in the 22 with Saad, McKenna, Hurley, Ambrose and Hooker all nailing down spots in the side already.

So with potential injury to Redman then Dea stays in the side, if Redman gets up then Dea goes out. Laverde to play ruck rover in VFL and keep Myers in the firsts this year so he doesn't lose trade value at the end of the year. Myers plus 3rd rounder could be worth a 2nd rounder to a team with a young midfield who have an extra 2nd round this year. Might be tough with the good draft though because rebuilding sides would want to load up this year.

In: Colyer Francis
Out: Green Redman/Dea

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back