Mega Thread Essendon vs Richmond - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We are a bottom 4 team and people are dreaming if they think otherwise. Note: Hardwick get your arse in the coaches box where you belong, it's not the Sunday under 14s.

Would not matter Where he sat it would not of changed the result.

He's been in the Coaches box all night you idiot.

Well good to hear, I'm only listening to the radio but it still won't stop my memebership in the mail come Monday morning. That team yet again has turned into a little boys club just like the last 30 years. Pathetic and Spineless:thumbsdown:

Where we lost the game

1 at the selection table... Going in without a ruckman... Vicks did great but just after mid way through 3 rd quarter was absolutely spent... No back up Ryder takes control

2 tackles...ess has 30 more tackles.. This is a familiar and very sad story that we just don't apply pressure

3 on field leadership...

4 dumb ass players thinking playing beyond their skill level... Crucial errors in the last 10 mins of the 3 rd quarter and ess got the sniff and off they went

5 the transition out of defence...WTF?

Where we lost the game

1 at the selection table... Going in without a ruckman... Vicksburg did great but just after mid way through 3 rd quarter was absolutely spent... No back up Ryder takes control

2 tackles...ess has 30 more tackles.. This is a familiar and very sad story that we just don't apply pressure

3 on field leadership...

4. No spine and a club with players that roll over under the first sign of a challenge.

Thought we were lucky to actually be in the contest for as long as we were. Made some horrendous mistakes all night and only the fact that Essendon is still a very ordinary team prevented another massive loss.

Nahas really needs to learn his limits and stop demanding the ball from our better uses... seriously instead of running ahead for a kick lay a shepard.

Another thing why dont we just kick down the line more often instead of going backwards and gaining nothing. And when they have the ball and the umpire blows play on dont just stand in the same spot, attack them and put them under some pressure. Also need to know more about our opponents cause the amount of time we we push them to the boundry line only for the bloke to be a left footer and be able to kick it the way he'd liked to.

Though i did like Helbigs,griffiths and post games.But why did post get pushed forward again?Didnt daily say they were going to leave him back and that was his position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As expected.

Match committee should be held accountable for picking a side without a recognised ruckmen. We were slaughtered from around the 20 minute mark of the third. Centre clearances a problem, again. I guess Tuck will have another lazy 30 odd possessions tomorrow.

The game was summed up by Edwards. Takes a contested mark, turns around and hits an Essendon player that results in a goal. Did Grigg play ? He is easily the worst player since John Rombotis to wear a Richhmond jumper.

I was VERY pleased to see Helbig play a great game. Griffiths was good as well. Conca will be a midfield star.

The "Experiment" is over. Time to select a team to WIN a game. No more favorites. I hope the coaches "review" the game and also watch Coburg tomorrow to find players that want to play for the jumper, because that last quarter was pathetic.

Thought we were lucky to actually be in the contest for as long as we were. Made some horrendous mistakes all night and only the fact that Essendon is still a very ordinary team prevented another massive loss.

Agree we were very ordinary tonight. Lucky we picked it up in the last.

Meh, they were ok. A little too much handball and cutesy type kicks for mine in the 2nd and early 3rd when we had control but there was some nice stuff too. Griffiths played well, some good ball movement from backline in the first half etc. Came ready to play which was nice also.

Could sense the Bombers making a comeback of sorts since we wasted a lot of our time in possession, but they really were very soft in the last quarter :(.

Just my 2c from a neutral observer (Feel free to delete if this isn't welcome mods)

Overusage of the ball. Lots of handballs when a quick kick would of done better. See this alot as a Hawthorn supporter and it can be a bit frustrating.

Some of your players got a bit cute late in the third, eg Nahas trying to do the impossible. Gave the Dons a real sniff, and the pressure was too much.

Moving it out of the backline was pretty hard to watch. Probably need to recruit another solid defender with some polished kicking skills. It looked like never making it past the defencive zone unless it was in the hands of Lids or Newman. Martin was making some uncharacteristic errors down back too.

Definately needed a ruckman. Ryder and Hille just smashed the hitouts and the dons were getting clearances left right and centre.

There are some positives too. Especially the big man Griffiths. If he can get his body right the kid will be a gun. Can take a grab and can launch it from 55+. A forward line of Vickery, Riewoldt and Griffiths in a few years will be scary. Not to mention Martin rotating out of it.

Really loved the Pushup Kings effort in the 2nd quarter. Outnumbered 3 to one and managed to get a ballup out of it was pretty special. Reminded me of what Rioli did in the 08 Grand Final. All heart and is one of my favourite Richmond players.

Batchelor, Helbig and Conca all played well. 2010 crop is looking good.

Was really hoping your boys win, bit unlucky in the end that it didn't eventuate but shit happens. Hopefully you lock and load and fire up against Gold Coast next week.

Just my 2c from a neutral observer (Feel free to delete if this isn't welcome mods)

Overusage of the ball. Lots of handballs when a quick kick would of done better. See this alot as a Hawthorn supporter and it can be a bit frustrating.

Some of your players got a bit cute late in the third, eg Nahas trying to do the impossible. Gave the Dons a real sniff, and the pressure was too much.

Moving it out of the backline was pretty hard to watch. Probably need to recruit another solid defender with some polished kicking skills. It looked like never making it past the defencive zone unless it was in the hands of Lids or Newman. Martin was making some uncharacteristic errors down back too.

Definately needed a ruckman. Ryder and Hille just smashed the hitouts and the dons were getting clearances left right and centre.

There are some positives too. Especially the big man Griffiths. If he can get his body right the kid will be a gun. Can take a grab and can launch it from 55+. A forward line of Vickery, Riewoldt and Griffiths in a few years will be scary. Not to mention Martin rotating out of it.

Really loved the Pushup Kings effort in the 2nd quarter. Outnumbered 3 to one and managed to get a ballup out of it was pretty special. Reminded me of what Rioli did in the 08 Grand Final. All heart and is one of my favourite Richmond players.

Was really hoping your boys win, bit unlucky in the end that it didn't eventuate but shit happens. Hopefully you lock and load and fire up against Gold Coast next week.

It's more than welcome and I reckon you're spot on. :thumbsu:

Pretty much summed it up, the gameplan is still apparently coming together, but i don't even know if we have one....

Pretty much summed it up, the gameplan is still apparently coming together, but i don't even know if we have one....

I'd still have faith in Dimma if I was the Richmond board. He certainly looks like he actually cares for the club, and he's got a good footy brain. Probably could have made some better selections (absence of a true ruckman was pretty obvious), but I'm sure with the talent that he has at his disposal, a flag wouldn't be out of reach in maybe 3-4 years as the team gels together.

I'd like to reiterate again, Griffiths will be a keeper (hopefully he's contracted!). That one hander in the square was a beauty! If he can bulk up a bit more and get a good preseason and some confidence in his body, he will do wonders for the club.

Just need to find a big solid Defender, a backman with good footskills (to release Lids where he belongs), and a Solid Ruckman and your probably set. Ofcourse if Dylan Grimes comes along, that only makes it easier for the club.

Handball, handball, handball, turnover, Bomber goal. Rinse repeat.

Must be allergic to kicking it. At least it would get it down the line out of danger instead of a turnover in a dangerous area. More disposals but a 40 point loss.

Let's hope we actually review this loss. Or maybe send the players to Dreamworld for next week's preparation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Essendon vs Richmond - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back