Preview Essendon vs St Kilda Saints - 7:25pm Saturday, 1st of April 2023 at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only noticed Cordy rucking when the ball was forward. If he rucked elsewhere then sure, no worries.

Marshall spent 85% TOG the week before. He generally runs solo with very little chop out.

He will destroy Draper if the plan is to let them run head to head. There's a reason we're choosing to not do that.

Think Draper is critical to our forward structure as well

Could see stringer playing another game in the VFL. Probably more of a Sub candidate with this team given his endurance and pressure.

Would be a great guy to bring in as a closer against tired players as a mid/FF for 1-2 quarters.

Think Weid for Heppel and maybe Baldwin for Zerk (if injured) are the only changes to make.

If Hobbs keeps playing at this level might be worth starting him at half back in the Mass Role. Just have to try and fit him in somewhere.

It will be Weid for Heppell, Langford to the wing if I had to guess.

Reckon Stringer gets another week in the VFL.
Agree with this ^

Could see stringer playing another game in the VFL. Probably more of a Sub candidate with this team given his endurance and pressure.

Would be a great guy to bring in as a closer against tired players as a mid/FF for 1-2 quarters.

Think Weid for Heppel and maybe Baldwin for Zerk (if injured) are the only changes to make.

If Hobbs keeps playing at this level might be worth starting him at half back in the Mass Role. Just have to try and fit him in somewhere.

yep needs to be put in only when he is ready.

if he is not putting pressure on than dont play him.

Even sans Hobbs, i expect us to really compete with the Saints. They haven't shown a propensity to score enough to beat our early efforts.
Suns were a good warm up to this.
Suns backs are alright, but elite in the middle/ruck. Similar forward line (both missing a potent King)

As horrible as it is for Steele himself and as much as you don't want to see injuries to anyone, he will be a handy out for us too.

There needs to be a focus on how we start quarters this week.

We did well to kick a goal after the 30min mark in each of the four quarters vs Suns, but we need to go through the gears quicker. Up until 3QT, Davey's goal in the 2nd quarter was the only goal (out of 11) kicked before the 14min mark of the quarter.

Saints kicked the opening goal in every quarter vs the Dogs.

Also curious to see the midfield rotation vs Saints

Parish and Shiel had very low ToG% vs Suns despite winning a heap of ball. Not sure if they are carrying knocks, or their conditioning is being managed or Scott doesn't see the value of rotating them through a secondary position.

If the players are as arrogant as the supporters on the Saints board they are going to be in for a rude shock come Saturday. I don't for one instance think we are a good side but I am happy with the progress so far. The Saints board are predicting a smashing and a lot of belief they are a much better side than us (regardless of injuries) and they've turned the corner already and it's blue skies ahead. It is going to be a tight game Saturday night IMO. Dons by 35 with Stringer to kick 5 and 3 condescending head rubs. Congrats on 150 yers of mediocrity Sainters.

If the players are as arrogant as the supporters on the Saints board they are going to be in for a rude shock come Saturday. I don't for one instance think we are a good side but I am happy with the progress so far. The Saints board are predicting a smashing and a lot of belief they are a much better side than us (regardless of injuries) and they've turned the corner already and it's blue skies ahead. It is going to be a tight game Saturday night IMO. Dons by 35 with Stringer to kick 5 and 3 condescending head rubs. Congrats on 150 yers of mediocrity Sainters.
I suspect if they read their 2021 and 2022 preview and autopsy threads around our game they would think twice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To the St Kilda fans reading this thread, you are unhinged. Be aware that we don't really care about your club other than when we play each other. And even then it's just another 4 points. Quite funny to read your thread, really.

I'm interested in seeing who Windhager goes to. Logic would dictate Merrett but if it's wet then I'd go Parish instead.

Well it’s clear to see why they didn’t pick collingwood, who would be a logically choice seeing as they won their only flag against them, they thought the would get embarrassed on their big night celebrating mediocrity.
No collingwood was our first choice, out of the big 4 melbourne clubs you're the smallest so probably our last choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back