Preview Essendon vs St Kilda Saints - 7:25pm Saturday, 1st of April 2023 at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be weird
From what I heard he didn’t hit the track all week. Friend was not surprised when he was a late omission. Didn’t mention any serious injury but did say he may miss another week. Was (more) bullish on Voss as a result.

Was at the VFL today. Voss looks immense, looks ready. He was ropeable when overlooked for selection this week. Think he gets picked.

Stringer is straight in by the way, he was ready to go this week.

Weideman may not be back just yet.
Im ok with weid missing
Fwd stood up and should be rewarded

Not sure how voss and stringer both get in.
One in for guelfi perhaps, and mass goes back to sub.

From what I heard he didn’t hit the track all week. Friend was not surprised when he was a late omission. Didn’t mention any serious injury but did say he may miss another week. Was (more) bullish on Voss as a result.
They’re going with “innocuous toe injury” in the injury updates, which we think is turf toe. Would be just our luck if he ended up with plantar fasciitis or something

They’re going with “innocuous toe injury” in the injury updates, which we think is turf toe. Would be just our luck if he ended up with plantar fasciitis or something
I don’t know for sure but he was in a moon boot early in the week

I reckon he’ll be great when he is back either way

Every single week this thread starts with Kelly out. Why? He is clearly a favourite with Brad, he’s tough, uncompromising, prone to the error every now and then but works ten times as hard to make up for it.

Every.

Single.

Week.
He's a gun. I love him and think he's critical back there.

Backline looks great at present for most opponents, still just lacking proper big boys to contain the peak Hawkins types.

Maybe he ran past that ball a few years back because he was too busy uploading the consciousness of the Marvel Stadium grass onto his patented NF1000* chip

*NatFyfe1000
We mortals saw kyle run to the boundary.
In reality he ran into beyond time, has 6 brownlows, 10 premierships and has only just emerged from the continuum into the player we see today
Back, middle, forward, ruck. Langford only sees the game in a matrix style decoded algorithm now.

Players in the 2s who "earned" a go in the 1s this week:
Voss, Hobbs, Hind, Baldwin and Stringer. Can't fit them all in though.

Perhaps Langford is back and Voss is in? However, I think Stringer comes in. Perhaps Voss to replace Jones and the height can come from rucks pushing forward.

I really want Hobbs to come in and add to Setterfield's good work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna go with

Out: Hepp, zerk (rest that ankle)
In: hobbs, stringer

Mcgrath - lav - kelly
Redman - ridley - massimo
Martin - setterfield - durham
Perkins - langford - davey
Menzie - Jones- Stringer
Draper - parish -merrett
Shiel - caldwell - phillips - hobbs
Guelfi

If Zerk is a no go I’d think Baldwin is the obvious choice.

Then maybe Heppell out for Stringer and shuffle a few magnets.

Weid (if fit) probably needs to come back in but I’m not sure at who’s expense. Possibly Phillips if we’re happy to roll out Weid as second ruck.

Hobbs and Voss can keep knocking down the door for a bit.

Jones’ role sounds like the opposite of a tagger, put his opponent on a leash and led him all around the ground to keep him out of the way and make space to lead into 🤔

I just rewatched the whole game. Thought Jones competed pretty well against a gun spooning. First time taking the no1 key back aswell. Rarely got out marked and brought the ball to ground, also pushed up high to get Collins out of a lot of contests.

We mortals saw kyle run to the boundary.
In reality he ran into beyond time, has 6 brownlows, 10 premierships and has only just emerged from the continuum into the player we see today
Back, middle, forward, ruck. Langford only sees the game in a matrix style decoded algorithm now.
10 premierships is a lot

No wonder he always seems so chill

Not sure about everyone putting Hind in. He had leather poisoning against a severely depleted GWS ressies, sure, but I'm not sure many force their way into a Brad Scott side after recording zero tackles for a game.

1679847089413.png

Massimo's class by foot is gold in modern footy, and he showed a lot of poise yesterday. He keeps his spot.

I can't see Heppell dropped, but maybe Scott will go with "rested" and we'll get:

IN: Hobbs, Weideman, Baldwin
OUT: Heppell (rest), Phillips (omit), Zerk (inj.)

Swap Guelfi into the starting 22, and let Alwyn have a mini "rest" week as the sub. Let Stringer have another run in the magoos to get some conditioning.

Got beat by the saints preseason by being too small all over the ground.

Not sure how adding a bunch of smalls to the group helps.

Think Baldwin for Zerk is the right swap if he’s hurt.

Think only having one option for Sub sucks. Think teams should be able to sub one player from a pool of 3 choices.

Think Wied for Heppell is the obvious change to the starting lineup. Slide Perkins/Langford down to the wing.

Bench Sub should be a pressure player so that leaves Stringer in the VFL this week

I’m always curious as to why everyone seems to be onboard with dropping massimo?
I thought he was really good today and seems to get better with every afl game under his belt. One of the best kicks in our team but always seems to be on the chopping block, am I missing something?
I have a theory: run and carry out of defence is more exciting than precision kicking out of defence.

I'm assuming (hoping) that by subbing him off, Scott now sees what the rest of us see in Heppell
Listen to his presser. He had to be very careful about what he said. I’m hoping Heppell only plays half the games. If he wasn’t our former captain he wouldn’t be getting picked.

I think he set the expectation in the press conference that they will manage him... Meaning "don't be shocked when he does get dropped this week".

Takes the heat out of the situation when it happens because he will refer to the press conference instead of having to respond live after it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back