Everything you love about - Brian Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

There is nothing not to love about Brian.

I love that the big man down back has finally realised that we NEED him out there every game, not doing stupid little punches, or throwing out his feet to trip - and copping 1 or 2 weeks....

That really used to ******** me off! Im sure some of you might have heard me at games screaming at him (back in the 03 - 04 seasons) to actually belt the crap out of someone and deserve to get reported if he insisted on doing it....

Mind you in 03 - 04 if i was full back for the dog's i might have enjoyed a rest occacsionally too :)

Aquamarinejewel said:
Well this is one for all you BHAStards to comment on....Brian Harris has made the full back position his own and continues to improve as shown by his competent performances on the games biggest key forwards. Did not miss a game in 2005.

Thoughts?
his determination, never gives up,his continual improvment, his a club man you will often see him around the club.actually what is there not to love about brian harris.

woofers said:
his determination, never gives up,his continual improvment, his a club man you will often see him around the club.actually what is there not to love about brian harris.

Yes, he just goes about his business and does what is required of him plus more, he is very very important to this team.

Oh Furious One said:
Always been a fan of Harris. Proud member of the BHAS on another name. Can't wait to see him later this year.

Yes, he is always exciting to watch...he seems to have a lot of fans from opposition teams supporters. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* When he gives away stupid free kicks, its usually because he got a good hit/bump/knee in the back/fist to the back of the head in.

* He can often be seen in the vicinity of his direct opponent

The fact that he was such a low draft pick,yet didn't take that long to cement a spot in the seniors.Also a bit like Crofty,were he plays on blokes bigger than him and does a consistent job.

Brian Harris kicks butt!!!!

He always has a crack and has a nice touch of mongrel about him. He also seems to have a sense of humour - I remember in one of those online chats with players they used to have he cracked a few gags about his attempted speccy in Adelaide that left him face down on the ground with his pants around his ankles.

He plays with a lot of confidence and I suspect that from now in when there is a game where other defenders can handle the opposition forwards, he'll spend more time forward. I remember in Round 2 last year he was swung forward as soon as Neitz went off and had an immediate impact. If only we had two of him!

Aquamarinejewel said:
Yes, he is always exciting to watch...he seems to have a lot of fans from opposition teams supporters. :)

He is actually a player I want to model my own personal game on. Obviously the man is a sheer tower of strength and muscle unlike my good self. But Brian Harris and Mal Michael are my two footballing idols.

Oh Furious One said:
He is actually a player I want to model my own personal game on. Obviously the man is a sheer tower of strength and muscle unlike my good self. But Brian Harris and Mal Michael are my two footballing idols.

This is probably directed more towards Bulldog supporters but could you imagine a backline that had Kennedy, Southern, Kretiuk and Harris in it?
My guess is that a lot of forwards would get injured the week before playing the Dogs.

Polly Purser said:
This is probably directed more towards Bulldog supporters but could you imagine a backline that had Kennedy, Southern, Kretiuk and Harris in it?
My guess is that a lot of forwards would get injured the week before playing the Dogs.

Peter Foster and Bernard Toohey would top that of nicely. Like to find a spot for Terry Wheeler and Steve Wallis as well, they were the best shirtfronters I saw play for us.

But who would you leave out and more importantly how would you tell them?

Sorry **** you've been dropped mate, we want to bring in someone a bit tougher than you.

He is a fantastic player and very tough looking, i know i wouldn't want to be standing in his path if he was running flat out in my direction. :eek:

Oh Furious One said:

Yes, one can only aspire to be the Great Man.

You can however, work on getting the stare right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything you love about - Brian Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back