Exact Ticket Distribution for GF

Remove this Banner Ad

magpielicious

All Australian
Apr 29, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it's about time the AFL come clean and advise EXACT ticket distribution for the GF !!!

Sure the 2 teams in it get 13,000 tickets each (27,000).

How many are Premium, Prime, Standard and Standing ?

re other club distributions, how many are Premium, Prime, Standard, standing ?

What quantity of the Premium are corporate ?

How many AFL and MCC members tickets.

Inquiring minds would like to know !!!

Anyone know ?

MCC reserve for the GF is 23000.

12K of these are reserved seats. 10K are walk up seats. 1K is the capacity for MCC standing room.

Cheers mate.
Figured the MCC and AFL would be the easiest to work out.

Can't wait to see if anyone knows the club break down. You can just imagine it would be all standing, standard, prime and a tiny portion of Premium.

The MCG website has a breakdown in the form of a map of the ground, specific to the Grand Final also.

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/~/media/Files/2011 AFL Grand Final Seating Plan.pdf

You could probably work out a rough estimate just by looking at that.:)
The problem with the using the map to work out an estimates is that not all the tickets within the AFL Members Reserve go to AFL Members. A fair number go to the Medallion Club, the AFL's internal allocation, etc.

The AFL Members Reserve may have a, say, 23,000 capacity, but AFL Members get allocated something like 17,500 tickets.

complaints to collingwood on monday abuot the seat allocation were met with a standard email response sent to anyone who emailed them. it concluded by saying that the club only received 11,500 tickets for members. so it sounds like it is only about 23,000 tickets that were made available to competing club members rather than the 26,000-27,000 promised. an absolute disgrace

the afl could easily advise the public of the exact break down of the ticket allocation if they wanted to. press a few buttons and get a print out, not that hard. they just continually pull the wool over the eyes of club members when it comes to GF tickets. classic example was when the medallion club was instroduced at etihad - 5000 medallion club members were also guaranteed access to the GF. the afl proudly trumpeted to all that would listen that the club members' allocation would not be affected because these seats would be located in the afl members. and they then proceeded to extend the afl members area by 1 bay to accommodate the medallion club numbers, altho this latter fact was not made so public

it is time that the fat prick who runs this competition is held to account. turn your attention away from trying to pick today's quaddie andy and start to deal with what are some of the biggest issues facing the game as it alienates the people who support it most. his arrogance on this issue is astounding, compounded by the fact that he proudly announced earleir in the year that there would be more GF tickets for competing club members this year but the end resultis that there is in fact LESS than last year

complaints to collingwood on monday abuot the seat allocation were met with a standard email response sent to anyone who emailed them. it concluded by saying that the club only received 11,500 tickets for members. so it sounds like it is only about 23,000 tickets that were made available to competing club members rather than the 26,000-27,000 promised. an absolute disgrace

the afl could easily advise the public of the exact break down of the ticket allocation if they wanted to. press a few buttons and get a print out, not that hard. they just continually pull the wool over the eyes of club members when it comes to GF tickets. classic example was when the medallion club was instroduced at etihad - 5000 medallion club members were also guaranteed access to the GF. the afl proudly trumpeted to all that would listen that the club members' allocation would not be affected because these seats would be located in the afl members. and they then proceeded to extend the afl members area by 1 bay to accommodate the medallion club numbers, altho this latter fact was not made so public

it is time that the fat prick who runs this competition is held to account. turn your attention away from trying to pick today's quaddie andy and start to deal with what are some of the biggest issues facing the game as it alienates the people who support it most. his arrogance on this issue is astounding, compounded by the fact that he proudly announced earleir in the year that there would be more GF tickets for competing club members this year but the end resultis that there is in fact LESS than last year

I agree not good , the only way to show AFL that supporters are peeved off and not willing to put up with crap anymore is for people to boycott games, don't show up in 2012. But the AFL know thats not gonna happen so they do as they please when they please , its a sport run by dictators pure and simple.

Cheers mate.
Figured the MCC and AFL would be the easiest to work out.

Can't wait to see if anyone knows the club break down. You can just imagine it would be all standing, standard, prime and a tiny portion of Premium.

As basically mentioned… I defy anybody to ever, ever get a figure out of the AFL as to how many AFL members got GF tickets.

I also don't like that for the 1000 tickets allocated to each club, for most clubs I don't think many are even made available to the members (correct me if I am wrong). If the club wants to sell them to make money, they could at least try and sell them to club members first at whatever inflated price they desire.

For example (not to bash Hawthorn, I'm sure most clubs do it, this was just the first one I could find):
http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/AFLGrandFinalTicketAllocation/tabid/13198/Default.aspx

If it is any consolation, I think the NFL Superbowl is even worse ... they distribute more tickets to clubs (something like 35% for two competing clubs, 40% for other clubs, 25% for NFL), but not many are passed on to actual season ticket holders. I think I read that 10k total went to Saints/Colts members a few years ago. The scalping market is ridiculous. I hope the AFL doesn't turn out like that, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I think it's about time the AFL come clean and advise EXACT ticket distribution for the GF !!!

13,000 x 2 =/= 27,000...

I also don't like that for the 1000 tickets allocated to each club, for most clubs I don't think many are even made available to the members (correct me if I am wrong). If the club wants to sell them to make money, they could at least try and sell them to club members first at whatever inflated price they desire.

Tickets to the non competing clubs are the worst IMO.

They should hand them in for the competing clubs members.

Yes they make money out of them but the clubs are basically scalping them every year and effectively screwing over their own members when they actually make a GF.

If a club member wants to see their team play in a GF they are better off chucking their annual member fee into a savings account and put it towards a scalped ticket when the time comes. Sad but true.

11k for each clubs members?

What a ****ing joke!!!!!!!

Should be 35k at the very least.

The whole world runs on greed now.

I've waited over 30 years for my team to getinto a GF and if they finally got there and I was denied a ticket,Dimwittio's head is up for sale at a nearby restaurant.

How many are Premium, Prime, Standard and Standing ?

re other club distributions, how many are Premium, Prime, Standard, standing ?

What quantity of the Premium are corporate ?

How many AFL and MCC members tickets.

Inquiring minds would like to know !!!

Anyone know ?

As a Collingwood supporter why don't you start with asking your own club to come clean on this?

You are a member of Collingwood after all.

Ask them where the 14,500 tickets have gone.

Maybe the AFL should ensure that Collingwood provide all their tickets to members.

it is time that the fat prick who runs the club is held to account. turn your attention away from trying to pick today's quaddie Eddie and start to deal with what are some of the biggest issues facing the game as it alienates the people who support it most. his arrogance on this issue is astounding, compounded by the fact that he proudly announced earleir in the year that there would be more GF tickets for competing club members this year but the end result is that there is in fact LESS than last year

Sorry but I've edited your post for some accuracy here.

Fact: Collingwood have been given 14,500 tickets from the AFL.

Fact: Collingwood tell you that there are 11,500 tickets for members

Fact: Collingwood charge the highest price for their memberships with guaranteed GF tickets

Fact: Collingwood leave absolutely no tickets for ordinary members

Fact: All of Collingwood's members allocation goes to Legends, Captains, Social, 10 year members of Cheersquad.

Feel free to have a look at how much Hawthorn charge for Kennedy Club or Gold memberships or Geelong for September members.

Prediction: If the AFL allocate an extra 4000 tickets to clubs for next year's GF, Collingwood will announce they have an extra 3000 for members and will increase the number of Legends memberships available by 3000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a side note, Geelong didn't put their allocated standing areas into a bellot. If you were unsuccessful getting a seat in the bellot, then standing room went on sale first in first serve the other day to members. A good idea imo, so if you desperately wanted one, you could quite easily.

As a Collingwood supporter why don't you start with asking your own club to come clean on this?

You are a member of Collingwood after all.

Ask them where the 14,500 tickets have gone.

Sorry but I've edited your post for some accuracy here.

Fact: Collingwood have been given 14,500 tickets from the AFL.

Fact: Collingwood tell you that there are 11,500 tickets for members

Where are you getting this figure of 14500 from? I have never seen this reported anywhere. Every article I have ever read states 12500. 11500 for club members and a further 1000 as part of the club distributions.

23,000 for competing members is an absolute joke in a stadium of 100,000 capacity.

The Age have been hammering the AFL about this all week, with Jake Niall's article starting on Monday.

I'm glad someone in the media is taking it up.

Demetriou's response was that he would try to get an extra 8,000 - 10,000 for competing clubs, but where did he say he would get them from?

"Internal" - i.e. stripping other clubs of their allocations, and players of their allocations.

He won't go near the corporate allocations, the plane loads of corporate dicks flying down from Sydney who have no clue about AFL.

I agree that non-competing clubs are allocated too much, but the biggest elephant in the room goes unhindered.

Competing members should have an allocation of 30,000 each, a total of 60,000 (including AFL members of competing clubs). MCC - 23k, and the rest can be distributed among corporates, non-competing clubs, players etc.

Absolute bullshit Demetriou you greedy ****

The AFL releases a breakdown of the exact ticket distribution after the Grand Final - it is usually listed on their website in mid to late October. Each club is also required to release its own ticket distribution, and that is also available on the individual team websites at the same time.

Interestingly the AFL never publically releases the exact breakdown of tickets distributed to its own members. They release an overall figure of AFL members tickets, which is usually around 17-20,000, but dont say how many go to Premiership Club members, AFL life members, ordinary AFL members and others.

On the other hand each club usually lists where their 1000 tickets go - club officials and players, club sponsors, cotorie and high end members such as player sponsors, corporate functions and on-sellers. The last 2 catagories are the tickets that are sold as part of packages at highly inflated prices.

Where are you getting this figure of 14500 from? I have never seen this reported anywhere. Every article I have ever read states 12500. 11500 for club members and a further 1000 as part of the club distributions.

Well Mr Anderson.

Both competing clubs get an additional allocation for internal distribution.

Don't believe every figure you read either.

For example (not to bash Hawthorn, I'm sure most clubs do it, this was just the first one I could find):
http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/AFLGrandFinalTicketAllocation/tabid/13198/Default.aspx

If it is any consolation, I think the NFL Superbowl is even worse ... they distribute more tickets to clubs (something like 35% for two competing clubs, 40% for other clubs, 25% for NFL), but not many are passed on to actual season ticket holders. I think I read that 10k total went to Saints/Colts members a few years ago. The scalping market is ridiculous. I hope the AFL doesn't turn out like that, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I know my club packages up their allocation and sell them to corporates. None are offered to members.

Here is the Collingwood members breakdown after the ballot;

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/124295/default.aspx

Our Priority 1 members which includes Club 5 and Legend members were allocated 9881 tickets with the breakdown being:
· 6969 Premium/Prime tickets across levels N and M
· 139 Premium tickets on Level P
· 2773 Prime/Standard tickets on Level Q

Our Priority 2 members which includes Captains and Social Club members were allocated 2152 tickets with the breakdown being:
· 0 Premium/Prime tickets across levels N and M
· 0 Premium tickets on Level P
· 185 Standard tickets on Level Q
· 138 Restricted view tickets
· 1829 Standing room tickets

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/124295/default.aspx

Make of that what you will.:)

23,000 for competing members is an absolute joke in a stadium of 100,000 capacity.

The Age have been hammering the AFL about this all week, with Jake Niall's article starting on Monday.

I'm glad someone in the media is taking it up.

Demetriou's response was that he would try to get an extra 8,000 - 10,000 for competing clubs, but where did he say he would get them from?

"Internal" - i.e. stripping other clubs of their allocations, and players of their allocations.

He won't go near the corporate allocations, the plane loads of corporate dicks flying down from Sydney who have no clue about AFL.

I agree that non-competing clubs are allocated too much, but the biggest elephant in the room goes unhindered.

Competing members should have an allocation of 30,000 each, a total of 60,000 (including AFL members of competing clubs). MCC - 23k, and the rest can be distributed among corporates, non-competing clubs, players etc.

Absolute bullshit Demetriou you greedy ****

Mate… get as emotional as you like… but you have to realise that the MAJOR culprits on this issue are the clubs – yours, mine, and all the rest.

There’s ONE group with the power to change this overnight… and that’s the AFL clubs. If they got together it’d be fixed in a heartbeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Exact Ticket Distribution for GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back