Bumped Experience meeting/seeing Collingwood players + Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

AmellyPies

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've seen and met a few coaches and players but majority of the time i've gone all fanboy and pretty much froze or said something completely stupid.

I was in the Collingwood shop with a mate earlier in the year, As I walked out near the Premiership cups I was looking at the discount gurneys than all of a sudden my mate nudges me and I look up and Robert Harvey walks bye, I say "G'Day" and he said hello back, no fuss right? well then next comes Bucks, I froze and said "Hi Nathan Buckley" it was so embarrassing but Bucks was all good about it and said "How are you?" which was pretty cool.

Another one was a year before and same situation in the Collingwood shop, Alex Fasolo walked out of the gym and I basically froze and just nodded me head to him.:D:D:D.

If you've got any stories about meeting Collingwood players put em down!

I dropped my freshly reloaded MyKi card in the Westpac Centre cafe last year, Jackson Ramsay saw it and picked it up and brought it over to me. He has been a favourite ever since.

Darcy Moore was a legend to chat to. Don't have a bad word to say about him. Same with our old fave Tony Armstrong.

I've never met any of them outside of their official capacity so until I learn otherwise I'm assuming they are all good blokes :p

I've seen and met a few coaches and players but majority of the time i've gone all fanboy and pretty much froze

Sums me up far more accurately than I care to admit. It's pathetic how much I place these ordinary blokes on a pedestal just because they have a contract with the club I support :p

I've posted about this before, and it concerns His Mickness, but I was very excited and happy at the time.

It was in Grand Final week, 2010 (week before the draw). I have an embarrassing habit of decorating my house in Collingwood gear when we are in the finals. The deeper we go, the more signs, scarves, Collingwood garden gnomes, etc, I drag out to the front of the house.

In those days, my husband and I used to see Mick and Nanette on their morning walk, mainly in the Fitzroy Gardens, although he also ventured further afield, to the surrounding suburbs.

Anyway, I opened my door one morning to go to work, and Mick was standing out the front, smiling at the decorations. He then smiled at me, before walking away. I was ecstatic at the time.

I've posted about this before, and it concerns His Mickness, but I was very excited and happy at the time.

It was in Grand Final week, 2010 (week before the draw). I have an embarrassing habit of decorating my house in Collingwood gear when we are in the finals. The deeper we go, the more signs, scarves, Collingwood garden gnomes, etc, I drag out to the front of the house.

In those days, my husband and I used to see Mick and Nanette on their morning walk, mainly in the Fitzroy Gardens, although he also ventured further afield, to the surrounding suburbs.

Anyway, I opened my door one morning to go to work, and Mick was standing out the front, smiling at the decorations. He then smiled at me, before walking away. I was ecstatic at the time.
And if it happened again I'd like to think you be better prepared for it;)

And if it happened again I'd like to think you be better prepared for it;)

You mean more and better decorations?:D

Or better prepared for His Mickness? Still saw quite a bit of him in the Fitzroy Gardens over the last few years. I think he walked to Princes Park as part of his fitness routine, when he was the coach of that unnameable club.

• Banned
You mean more and better decorations?:D

Or better prepared for His Mickness? Still saw quite a bit of him in the Fitzroy Gardens over the last few years. I think he walked to Princes Park as part of his fitness routine, when he was the coach of that unnameable club.

Rumour he still does.. With Money Bags.

Was at the same bar as the pies Sunday drinks after the 2011 gf. It wasn't silly Sunday, it wasn't really silly at all. Everyone was quite tame. I thought they would be drowning their sorrows but maybe they got roudy after they left. But I was very star struck seeing as Swanny and Pendles were 2 feet away.

Funnily enough Nick Giannopoulos was there as well with about 3 girls hanging off him. Thought that was hilarious.

I met most of the team last January at the family training day match. You may recall all the photos I took of TradeDraft and his heroes:)
Other than something banal like 'hope you have a good year' it's hard to know what to say cos you know thousands of people have said the same thing:D

However I did have have a great conversation with De Goey at Vic Park one day while watching the VFL
He and his Dad were sitting next to me. Now he's a really friendly and nice guy, and very easy to talk to:):)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dropped my freshly reloaded MyKi card in the Westpac Centre cafe last year, Jackson Ramsay saw it and picked it up and brought it over to me. He has been a favourite ever since.

Darcy Moore was a legend to chat to. Don't have a bad word to say about him. Same with our old fave Tony Armstrong.

I've never met any of them outside of their official capacity so until I learn otherwise I'm assuming they are all good blokes :p
Jackson Ramsay being a good defender and mopping up in defence for you, nice

Lol nothing i can share on here.
So nothing to share then.
You know with your name, hmmmm, yes better you don't share :eek:

I don't worry too much about meeting etc players.
They do it on the field, that's enough for me.

My not exception was, Gordon Carlyon, I loved talking Collingwood history with him, as I used to write some Collingwood stuff here and there. He was an encyclopaedia on our team.
But that's years ago.

Then there's racing, that's a whole other thing

I told Josh Fraser he was the best ruckman in the competition. In my defence this was during 2006 when he was in a pretty rich vein of form, but still. :(

Think my favourite though was when aWest Coast supporting mate of mine facepalmed Nic Nat when we went across for a West Coast /Collingwood game in 2012. Nic was walking along the Yarra when my mate saw him. I think he meant to go for a high five but just resulted in an awkward hand in a strangers face moment.

met a bunch of past players at glenelg oval in adelaide last year or so at a legends match between pies and crows. rupe betheras, phil carmem,licca,presti etc etc.
didnt think much of it but was kicking a full size footy on the ground b4 the match around a bunch of kids with small footy's when phil came up and had a chat about all sorts of things b4 a few of the others came over , leeroy and a couple others.
ended up kicking the footy for about 10 mins then caught up in the clubrooms for a beer afterwards.

also have told this b4 on here but as a young fella when browny was captain i was at vic park after training one night and the lights got turned off except one corner when browny came over to have a kick and a catch with my brother and i b4 inviting us into the change rooms for a meal and sat us between the rocca brothers..

also have told this b4 on here but as a young fella when browny was captain i was at vic park after training one night and the lights got turned off except one corner when browny came over to have a kick and a catch with my brother and i b4 inviting us into the change rooms for a meal and sat us between the rocca brothers..

That's awesome, sounds like a dream!

Said gday to Darren Millane at a game in 1990 at the players car park he gave me and me mate a smile and gday back. Spotted Lou Richards buying some flowers and even though he was in a hurry he had a quick chat lovely fella he was,that was about 1990 they've been my 2 brushes with magpie royalty.

Was at a game once with my brother and a few mates and I look up on some stairs and said 'hey look, there's Eddie!'

Embarassingly he must have heard and turns around and gives us a wave. Pretty cool though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Experience meeting/seeing Collingwood players + Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back