F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The fastest lap point is also a distraction.

I remember it cost Verstappen a win in one of the double British GP they had on the "pandemic" years.

Mercs are miles ahead. Verstappen in the middle of nowhere bored. They go for FL, then the Mercs tyers blews. He was so far behind Hamilton was able to scramble to win. BUt had Verstappen not pitted, he'd have won easy.

It was redbull caught with the illegal part because of course it was

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
When it first came out, I thought it was surely McLaren.

Interesting though, it appears to have been a loophole that allowed them to make more changes than you typically would be able to under parc ferme between Quali and Race.

So more pressure on Red Bull now to get their setups right for Qualifying, which they haven't had much luck at lately.

Max playing mind games, I love it :sweatsmile:

Verstappen: Piastri "too good" to support Norris at McLaren​

"For me, he's definitely not a [number two driver] and if I was him I would never accept it," Verstappen said.

"For me, it's easy to talk, of course, because I've been in Formula 1 for 10 years and it's Oscar's second season, so it is always harder to put your foot down.

"But he's just a great F1 driver who doesn't deserve it to give up wins and positions and play second fiddle because he's asked to."

It was redbull caught with the illegal part because of course it was

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
The part itself is totally legal, its if they use the part to alter the car during Parc Ferme, that action is what is illegal. And according to the FIA there is no proof that this has actually occurred.

Also according to Red Bull its physically impossible to use the part while the car is built (i.e Parc Ferme) but need to take what they say with a grain of salt.

Little bit more info here:

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back