Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Craig Starcevich a smokey if and when Fagen finishes? Knows the system and has shown loyalty.
Think he spends half his year in Europe. There's been some comments from him that make me think he'd not be keen to take on a full time job - the women's suit him well.

Think he spends half his year in Europe. There's been some comments from him that make me think he'd not be keen to take on a full time job - the women's suit him well.

His wife is an executive at Novartis, based in Switzerland. Probably no need to take on all the stresses etc.

Really warming to the idea of Buckley as a senior coach. Think his time away from the game has done hime the world of good and I think he may enjoy coaching away from Melbourne. I wonder if he'd ever put his hand up again.

Really warming to the idea of Buckley as a senior coach. Think his time away from the game has done hime the world of good and I think he may enjoy coaching away from Melbourne. I wonder if he'd ever put his hand up again.
I really enjoy listening to Buckley too and of all the ex coaches think he’d make a fantastic coach again and certainty wouldn’t be against him returning to Brisbane to get that elusive flag.

I really enjoy listening to Buckley too and of all the ex coaches think he’d make a fantastic coach again and certainty wouldn’t be against him returning to Brisbane to get that elusive flag.
Would make a nice redemption arc 😎

He said one night on the couch that there are 17 jobs he is not interested in but Tasmania held some appeal. I took that as it was Tassie or the Pies, sadly.

He said one night on the couch that there are 17 jobs he is not interested in but Tasmania held some appeal. I took that as it was Tassie or the Pies, sadly.

The best football panelist on air, and always has a smile in his eyes. I don't think he needs the stress of coaching again.

I actually get the feel that Buckley is still one of those guys that's a better assistant than head coach. He's clearly one of the smarter students of the game but just not convinced he has the people management ability for the top role. I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome him as an assistant just not sure I'd chase him for the head role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back