Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

I need 10 towels. 5 for the egg on my face and 5 to wipe the shit up that I dribbled!!
I’ll be joining you; I put my foot in about Fages after the GWS game and I couldn’t have been more wrong although I had changed my tune about a month or so after that.

After today, Fages stays as long as he pleases. I’m already teeing up re-listening to that Roar Deal podcast from pre season when the boys had Fages in on stage. I recall Fages talking about what he learnt from many great sporting leaders from around the world at that sports conference last off season so it will be interesting listening to it again in retrospect.

One of the most unedifying thing about blogs , or sports scribes of any description in common, is the people who can't enjoy the success moments without going in to who said what mode.

Everyone says stupid shit . In hindsight. Everyone's entitled to change their mind. Everyone can be wrong. It doesn't mean they're not as invested as anyone who thinks they might have been right.

For the most part I've enjoyed the bakes and the melts . That's been a hallmark of footy club supporters ever since I've been involved. Two games later they're all cheering.

The ones I don't enjoy are the media bashings when things aren't going well. That impacts on peoples' families.

One of the most unedifying thing about blogs , or sports scribes of any description in common, is the people who can't enjoy the success moments without going in to who said what mode.

Everyone says stupid shit . In hindsight. Everyone's entitled to change their mind. Everyone can be wrong. It doesn't mean they're not as invested as anyone who thinks they might have been right.

For the most part I've enjoyed the bakes and the melts . That's been a hallmark of footy club supporters ever since I've been involved. Two games later they're all cheering.

The ones I don't enjoy are the media bashings when things aren't going well. That impacts on peoples' families.

Yeah but we can still laugh at idiots like King and Lloyd.

From a coaching perspective there are 2 things that had a big impact ( from the outside ) on turning our season around.

We brought some younger players in and rejigged our forward line with Lohman, Morris and Ah Chee . Players who had been role players their whole career such as Lester and Ah Chee became matchwinners in finals. The huge void Kiddy left was filled by Zorko.

Who knows what this had to do with it but since Cotchin and Dew came on board we've nailed the big moments more often than not whereas previously we'd coughed them up more often than not.

From a coaching perspective there are 2 things that had a big impact ( from the outside ) on turning our season around.

We brought some younger players in and rejigged our forward line with Lohman, Morris and Ah Chee . Players who had been role players their whole career such as Lester and Ah Chee became matchwinners in finals. The huge void Kiddy left was filled by Zorko.

Who knows what this had to do with it but since Cotchin and Dew came on board we've nailed the big moments more often than not whereas previously we'd coughed them up more often than not.

Brisbane Lions legend Trent Cotchin.

Scrolling through this. Fair few of you should be buying premiership towels to wash all the egg off your faces. Go lions, go Fages.
From an opposition supporter tipped you as flag winners from the start of this season as felt it was your time having been thereabouts over the last few years although you had me worried in the early part of the season. Congrats to coaches, players and supporters - well done as your playing group were just superb!

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back