Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

This video is after our 1st GWS encounter of the year.
Carro the only female on the panel comes to Fagans defense.

It is pleasurable going back and seeing some of this stuff, particularly from Lloyd and King who continued to tell everyone why we were no chance, how crap our coaches and players are whilst talking up everyone else at varying stages who we disposed of.

This video is after our 1st GWS encounter of the year.
Carro the only female on the panel comes to Fagans defense.

Caro tipped us to win the Grand Final FWIW.

Personally, I don't mind Lloyd. He might still have a chip on his shoulder about the Lions, but he tends to only say things he actually believes are true and generally puts his hand up when he's wrong.

Cornes just says whatever will get clicks that week.

King and Hutchison are the two who have been consistently anti-Fagan and will now have to eat crow.

I personally prefer a man manager style coach in the vein of Fagan over a tactical genius type operator ala Hardwick. I also like a C Scott style of making a gamestyle to maximise what you have rather than a Lyons style of having a set style and recruiting players than can play that way.

I think leaving tactics to your line coaches in a more committee like style lets you shuffle up your gameplay every year by getting fresh ideas from multiple coaches. You can easily change up line coaches etc and get new ideas or simply reshuffle like they did 2 years ago with the forwards and back coaches.

Having a man manager head coach lets them get the most out of your stock and make sure they try and execute. No point having a tactically gifted head coach if the players dont have the heart to play for you/are only playing for a paycheck. I look at people like Voss and Leppa; I have no doubt they are brilliant football minds, but I wonder if I was a player would I personally want to play my best for them out of a sense of pride and family connection or would I play out of fear/awe? I think the former gets the better results than the latter. If you play with fear you easily get back into your shell when things go wrong/you lose resillience. If you play for pride/family then that builds resillience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back