Falloon - what's he doing? Packing his bags!

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to be a language nazi but ...

Baulk is about a type of movement, eg in football terms to baulk an opponent, to change direction, to stop suddenly. Russell Ebert wrongfooted his opponent with a clever baulk.

Bulk is about size and mass, eg Adelaide's players put on a suspicious amount of bulk in a single pre-season. ;)

I was going to write that post, Ford, but I balked at the idea.

Source: http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/tabid/6038/default.aspx?newsid=150652

“Cam has spent four seasons at Port Adelaide, developing the strength and fitness of our players, helping them prepare for and recover from games and guiding their rehabilitation from injury,”

tumblr_mcq61wLZOf1r8y5loo1_500.gif

Cue "mass exodus continues". I'm not a fan of this "left to pursue other opportunities". Tell it like it is Homer style, Falloon you're cut!!

Homer Simpson: Good practice, kids. Now its time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Wendell is cut. Rudy is cut. Janey, you're gone. Steven, I like your hustle
[Steven smiles]
Homer Simpson: . That's why it was so hard to cut you
[Steven's smile drops]
Homer Simpson: . Congratulations, the rest of you made the team!
[random sighs of relief]
Homer Simpson: Except you, you and you

2 genetic freaks and a speed demon. We don't have either type, so the rest should have baulked up as much as their competitors. Why isn't Boak the size of Watson or Kennedy? Why didn't Cassisi get as big as Ling or Kirk, he played the same role? Same with Kane Cornes.

Why are most of our players no bigger than the GWS or GC players? Just isn't good enough, or are you happy with 3 to 5 wins a year?

Midfielders have been getting lighter in recent years to improve their endurance. Boak and Cassisi couldn't get much bigger. Steroids, EPO, the best psychologist in the land, the best medical staff in the land and the best performance staff in the land would not have made much of a difference in the last three years because we have recruited a lot of duds.

I would have thought it could have been a good opportunity to learn under burgess. If he truly is walking out and is not being shoved then he is making a terrible career move. Sometimes you have to step back to go forward.

Hinkley: Good practice, guys. Now its time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Banner is cut. Rodan is cut. Phillips, you're gone. Surj, I like your hustle
[Surj smiles]
Hinkley: . That's why it was so hard to cut you
[surj's smile drops]
Hinkley: . Congratulations, the rest of you made the team!
[random sighs of relief]
Hinkley: Except you, you and you

fixed.

KT is very clever with words - it was a typical statement for someone leaving, without having mentioned that Falloon did a 'good' job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3-4 weeks ago Tredders spoke with Cam Falloon about his burgeoning empire.

Cameron Falloon is taking his insights from the world’s best high performance environments to a mainstream, global audience, and it’s paying off.
Cam is the founder of Body Fit Training, Australia’s fastest growing fitness empire with 220+ franchises and an annual turnover of more than $125 million.

Over more than 30 years in elite sport and fitness, Cam has made the most of key moments. Working as a personal trainer in London, Cam was given the incredible opportunity to work with Princess Diana and was training with her in the weeks before her tragic passing.

Cam then moved to the Premier League, working in high performance with Derby County, before returning to Australia to spend the next decade with AFL clubs Geelong, Western Bulldogs and Port Adelaide. Losing his job at the Power would become a life-changing blessing in disguise. It led to Cam launching Body Fit Training, with a vision to take his elite strength training programs and insights to the world.

But with the successes came massive risks, as Cam “put it all on the line” to save the business during the pandemic. In this interview, Cam talks about:

Working with Princess Diana
Learnings from the Premier League and AFL
How Body Fit survived COVID and lockdowns
Business growth ambitions
And much more.

3-4 weeks ago Tredders spoke with Cam Falloon about his burgeoning empire.

Cameron Falloon is taking his insights from the world’s best high performance environments to a mainstream, global audience, and it’s paying off.
Cam is the founder of Body Fit Training, Australia’s fastest growing fitness empire with 220+ franchises and an annual turnover of more than $125 million.

Over more than 30 years in elite sport and fitness, Cam has made the most of key moments. Working as a personal trainer in London, Cam was given the incredible opportunity to work with Princess Diana and was training with her in the weeks before her tragic passing.

Cam then moved to the Premier League, working in high performance with Derby County, before returning to Australia to spend the next decade with AFL clubs Geelong, Western Bulldogs and Port Adelaide. Losing his job at the Power would become a life-changing blessing in disguise. It led to Cam launching Body Fit Training, with a vision to take his elite strength training programs and insights to the world.

But with the successes came massive risks, as Cam “put it all on the line” to save the business during the pandemic. In this interview, Cam talks about:

Working with Princess Diana
Learnings from the Premier League and AFL
How Body Fit survived COVID and lockdowns
Business growth ambitions
And much more.

Toss a million or two Port's way Cam 😉👍

I'm very surprised that Tredders is if the opi iin that he is actually very good and just didn't have the resources.

Hard to see but Tredders has pretty high standards for strength and conditioning.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe Tredders is right, the coaching team was put together on a shoestring, maybe our fitness programme was too.

resources or not, it was blatantly clear we were nowhere near AFL standard fitness level under Falloon, especially in 2011. If Treds wants to blame that on a lack of gadgets then so be it. It was clear to me we just didn't have the correct amount of miles in the legs. Was probably 5-6 games that year alone that we lost solely because we couldn't keep up in the last quarter.

So he runs a gym franchise? Welcome to the most overpopulated business model in Adelaide. Well maybe behind coffee shops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Falloon - what's he doing? Packing his bags!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back