Famous DT Coaches Thread 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

*sigh*

Lake's B/E is 44 if he scores that or less he will stay at 255k or less.

If you have a Bugg for instance he could well be 170-180k after this week. If you have Clarke, he may well be close to 200k after this week. If Lake scores 40 and Bugg scores 90+ you could swap them for 70k difference.

Like I said, close to doing a straight swap with a rookie.

In that scenario, why the **** would you pay 70k to trade a guy (Bugg) who has two scores of 90, to a bloke who has two scores of 40 (Lake)?

*sigh*

Lake's B/E is 44 if he scores that or less he will stay at 255k or less.

If you have a Bugg for instance he could well be 170-180k after this week. If you have Clarke, he may well be close to 200k after this week. If Lake scores 40 and Bugg scores 90+ you could swap them for 70k difference.

Like I said, close to doing a straight swap with a rookie.

Think you're a touch out of your depth here.

Clarke needs to score 145 to be 200K, Bugg needs 117 to be 170K. Which would leave both with incredible negative B/Es from the most important round of the year for rookies. Both would have a huge score rolling through for the first true 3 week rolling average and you would pay 70K to trade them out. You would essentially be sacrificing 150K by trading them both 2 weeks early.

lolololololololololololol

This is a good thread. Best you leave the discussion here to the coaches involved.

Think you're a touch out of your depth here.

Clarke needs to score 145 to be 200K, Bugg needs 117 to be 170K. Which would leave both with incredible negative B/Es from the most important round of the year for rookies. Both would have a huge score rolling through for the first true 3 week rolling average and you would pay 70K to trade them out. You would essentially be sacrificing 150K by trading them both 2 weeks early.

lolololololololololololol

This is a good thread. Best you leave the discussion here to the coaches involved.

I love this. Dogs releasing built up frustration from his modding days.

Lol NP represent.
Interested to see how many will move Shaw/broughton on and whether they go sideway, up or down.

Not famous (shattered) but I have both Shaw and Broughton.

Haven't even considered ditching Heater. I knew what I was getting into with him and his ridiculous SD. He'll bounce back.

Broughton is more of a head****. I picked the inside mid version of Greg, not the lockdown defender who, on a good day, drifts up to the wing. Tempted to hold him for a week because I like Enright as a sideways option and he'll be plummeting in price as well. Of course there's also the chance that he'll score well and earn himself an extra week in my squad.

Broughton is more of a head****. I picked the inside mid version of Greg, not the lockdown defender who, on a good day, drifts up to the wing.
THIS!

Picked him 2010 and 2011 for the midfield version and yet I keep getting the wrong one...:mad:

Quick question, did you choose Lynch as a mid pricer who could become a keeper or had only planned for him to increase enough so you could almost straight swap. If his game the other night is anything to go by, it looks as though he could become very dt relevant. It looked like your trades were well thought out but do you now regret trading him and not sticking by him ?

I picked him hoping he could provide a serviceable 70+ average over the first half of the season, before a making minor upgrade to a fallen premium.

I obviously regret trading him out now because he may have secured an extended run in the starting side, but it's still hard to say whether it was the wrong decision or not. I was in a bit of a no-win situation.

It's not much of a stretch to think that if Douglas hadn't been injured, Lynch might have only scored 20 odd after being stuck in the vest until the last quarter. Then I would have been left with a mid-pricer with two scores below 40 heading into the first price change, who'd be in big danger of either being sub again or dropped altogether.

It is probably fair to say that I shouldn't have picked him in the first place though. I'd had him pegged as a prime sub candidate, but got sucked in after he was named in the ground for round one. What makes it even more annoying is I'd actually made compromises in other parts of my starting team just to have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I admit I have a bit of remorse about that. I would have been 30 points better off this week without those trades. Essentially, I have switched my structure so that I have a midpricer in the mids instead of in the backs. This makes it more balanced, but it is going to live or die depending on if McCarthy outperforms Lake.

It's really a little more complicated than that. You're living or dying by the gap between McCarthy and a midfield premium vs the difference between Lake and a back premium (and also, the difference between your highest scoring bench player in those spots vs premiums, as you've essentially benched a midfield rookie and brought a defender rookie onto the field).

That hurts my head just describing it, but it's nonetheless accurate. To simplify it more, you'd probably want McCarthy to out-average Lake by 15-20. If they average the same, it's a disaster for your final score.

I did not trade and almost plan to maintain the same team for a while.

Issues:

Broughton - Lyon said he was playing midfield. There were plenty of midfielders out and he trained all preseason in the midfield, so I am glad to see him in the back pocket.

Hall + Dickson - Spuds on the forward bench.

Lake - Last week he was an issue and who knows, he may be a viable option. Pity I stupidly placed him on my bench for Bugg. :(

I am also short of doing one simple trade of Hall/Dickson to someone.

I've also been tempted by McEvoy down to a non playing rookie to allow Giles to be my 2nd ruck. I may just stick to my guns stupidly and have a 3rd ruck in Giles being a cash cow.

I did not trade and almost plan to maintain the same team for a while.

I've also been tempted by McEvoy down to a non playing rookie to allow Giles to be my 2nd ruck. I may just stick to my guns stupidly and have a 3rd ruck in Giles being a cash cow.

Interesting that you see it this way! If anything, the first two weeks have made me more nervous about the 1 Premium/3 Rookie ruck strategy; not because of Giles' scoring, but the other events occurring amongst the Rucks. I guess that's the beauty of DT, how we all interpret the same events/data differently.

And I agree, it's very difficult to resist the urge to do a "luxury trade" this week.

Interesting that you see it this way! If anything, the first two weeks have made me more nervous about the 1 Premium/3 Rookie ruck strategy; not because of Giles' scoring, but the other events occurring amongst the Rucks. I guess that's the beauty of DT, how we all interpret the same events/data differently.

And I agree, it's very difficult to resist the urge to do a "luxury trade" this week.

Trust me, watch Big O get dropped, Redden become the sub, Lobbe and Renouf looking like coming back into the squad have all made me slightly happy.... The evil part of me wants Brogan to play and Giles to be rested, but it still hurts watching Jacobs put up sub 80 numbers while everyone else was accepting Giles 107 or whatever it was.

I can also tell you that McEvoy sitting on 55 during the 4qrt from memory was annoying me.

I will not make a trade, I will probably sit back and wait for Treloar to get a game or maybe Couch assuming he lasts 2+ weeks.

I'm currently ranked around 35000th and 600 or so behind the leader, needless to say I hate watching your season go up in smoke within two weeks.

Trust me, watch Big O get dropped, Redden become the sub, Lobbe and Renouf looking like coming back into the squad have all made me slightly happy.... The evil part of me wants Brogan to play and Giles to be rested, but it still hurts watching Jacobs put up sub 80 numbers while everyone else was accepting Giles 107 or whatever it was.

I can also tell you that McEvoy sitting on 55 during the 4qrt from memory was annoying me.

I will not make a trade, I will probably sit back and wait for Treloar to get a game or maybe Couch assuming he lasts 2+ weeks.

I'm currently ranked around 35000th and 600 or so behind the leader, needless to say I hate watching your season go up in smoke within two weeks.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Knowing that Jacobs didnt perform the best and that most other teams either had Giles or Kreuzer that both outscored Jacobs, and could use the money saved on this comparison to make other areas of the team stronger :thumbsdown: makes me question my strategy. I am really hoping that Brogan and Renouf both come back soon and that they assume the number one ruck position; so I can have the edge on most :rolleyes:

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Knowing that Jacobs didnt perform the best and that most other teams either had Giles or Kreuzer that both outscored Jacobs, and could use the money saved on this comparison to make other areas of the team stronger :thumbsdown: makes me question my strategy. I am really hoping that Brogan and Renouf both come back soon and that they assume the number one ruck position; so I can have the edge on most :rolleyes:

Try having your main ruck taking a week holiday and having to take 40 odd from Redden! Grrrrr!!!!!!!

The synerio you talk of Redden being dropped could be okay with me (especially if its in about 3 weeks when his price has gone up) as I could swing Hale into the ruck if needed.

FAMOUS DT COACHES - Round 2 Report

R12012.png

TRADES:

Impromptu SCE (22)
Brian Lake
Tomas Bugg

Jason Porplyzia
Brent Harvey

@ Impromptu

Firstly congrats for winning SC last year. :thumbsu:

I recall from last year, one of your rules was to acknowledge a mistake, fix it, then move on. I'm assuming that was the rational behind the Lake trade in R1. So I can see the logic there, unfortunately for you he bounced back. However, I'm struggling to see why Harvey was traded in? Your side is unique already so it wasn't like you needed another POD.

Harvey didn't set the world on fire in R1, so was it purely to chase quick points given the Roos were playing GWS? Or is there some other reason behind the Porps to Harvey trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Famous DT Coaches Thread 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back