Famous DT Coaches Thread 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

40,000 coaches dumped Fyfe last week. He has just become a little more unique in the competition. Hopefully he can repay the faith Molly!

I hope so. I am nervous to hear doc Larkins talk about him. Doesn't help having the Molly Curse on his back. Sorry Freo fans! ;-)

Decent score from Fyfe for those who backed him, same for Broughton who continues to impress ever since I gave him the flick...

Decent score from Fyfe for those who backed him, same for Broughton who continues to impress ever since I gave him the flick...

88 points from 64% time on ground. Not sure whether to be happy with the points or worried about the TOG! ;-)

Made a huge error of Goddard as skipper! Could be out of the top 100k by end of the weekend! #FMDT

It's not a huge error. Calling it an error implies that he made a mistake. It wasn't a mistake to go Goddard, usually dominates Melbourne and the Dees have leaked huge points to cheapies across the back line this year. It was unlucky, not an error.

Although, i think taking the weather into account is important.

Does this weekend highlight the necessity of a watertight captain option?

eg Swan, Ablett or Murphy.

Only one score has dipped below 100 and that was when Ablett went off injured with a few minutes remaining in the game. He was one touch from scoring 100.

Does this weekend highlight the necessity of a watertight captain option?

eg Swan, Ablett or Murphy.

Only one score has dipped below 100 and that was when Ablett went off injured with a few minutes remaining in the game. He was one touch from scoring 100.

I actually had Murphy but tried to be cute and sneak in a few more points with Goddard :mad::mad::mad:

Saying it is an error "at least in hindsight" is as good as saying it is not an error.

Goddard a pretty solid choice this week, no one would have put money on a sub 60 from him, it is just bad luck.

It's an error.

The guy averaged 96 last year and 4 games @ 110 this year doesn't all of a sudden make him a viable option.

Us DT coaches get too fancy thinking we can predict what's going to happen in a game. Even if it were dry, he still wouldn't have scored that well. He was tagged out of the game.

It's an error.

The guy averaged 96 last year and 4 games @ 110 this year doesn't all of a sudden make him a viable option.

Us DT coaches get too fancy thinking we can predict what's going to happen in a game. Even if it were dry, he still wouldn't have scored that well. He was tagged out of the game.

In general yeah. This round was a bit different though with people trying to exploit the loophole.

After Swan and Pendlebury (maybe Stanton/Watson) had played there was a shortage of choices.

Goddard was off last year, he will average more than 96 this year and has already had a big game. We know he is capable of a big score I would have thought anywhere between 110 and 140, not that I make a habit of guessing at captain scores.

It's an error.

Considering that average was boosted up a fair bit with a 140 against GC as well (although I guess they're on par with Melb...). Thought he was a big risk myself although most selections were this week. Those that had Ablett missing and are without Swan had to make some sort of "risk" with their captain selection. Watson was my VC with 104 in which I thought was too low to settle with so I gave the big responsibility to Selwood who threw it right back at me....:mad:

Managed a 2112 score this which which I'm quite happy with (without seeing the ranking changes) with the likes of Selwood (x2), D.Smith, Malceski, Hargrave, Ablett and Ellis all either playing poorly, not playing or subbed off for my side.

For me to avoid a zero altogether this week puts me in the "lucky" side though compared to the majority who were hit with some of the late changes.

Sandilands missing puts a smile on my face considering his durability was the reason I overlooked him both from the start of the season and when I gave Mumford the flick last week (touch wood with McIntosh).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

88 points from 64% time on ground. Not sure whether to be happy with the points or worried about the TOG! ;-)

Made a huge error of Goddard as skipper! Could be out of the top 100k by end of the weekend! #FMDT

I also made that mistake of making Goddard captain. I would call it more unlucky then an error.

Once again nothing to see here with regards to my trading.

Dickson -> Treloar was the one trade.

The next potential trade seems like Horsley for someone like Cogs and then assuming I have enough money, I will be looking to upgrade one of my forward rookies.

I have held onto Broughton and Fyfe so far and I hope long term those saved trades work. Still not 100% sure about Fyfe, just have to hope he last long enough and gains some trust in his shoulders.

I just need around 5 more viable rookie downgrade options to round out my team nicely.

Having been stupid and started with two premium rucks, I plan to use Giles as a cash cow after round 13, this could all change if Redden gets a game or two during the bye rounds.

With those of you coaches who still have Fyfe, what are you plans with him now that he is out for 3 months?

Did anyone trade out Ablett last week?

I know Warnie traded him to Swan and put the VC on him and so got a nice little start to the round. I chickened out of trading him and Fyfe, and boy I'm sorry on Fyfe!

With those of you coaches who still have Fyfe, what are you plans with him now that he is out for 3 months?

Have to trade him. Looking at SteveJ, Chappy, Buddy (could be on Tilt after Sunday) or maybe even down to a rookie and pocket some dollars for coming weeks when a couple of guns bottom out.

Need to give it more thought.

Did anyone trade out Ablett last week?

I did. I went OUT: Ablett, Dempsey. IN: Treloar, Deledio.

I am well aware I am blitzing through my trades, but there is a method to my madness. Sort of.

It's actually more of a league-focussed strategy. I'm in a couple of very strong cash leagues and I'm trying to notch up as many wins as possible before the bye rounds to try and cement a place in the eight.

It might hurt me later on but it's working for now.

It's also helped me in the overall, as I've jumped from about 30k to 2k in the past two weeks.

Any of the famous coaches ready to upgrade/downgrade rookies? Or can you see more value in all of them still at this stage?

I'll probably go Smith to Horsley this week, which will leave me with close to 400k to play with. I haven't worked out an exact plan for bye week trading, but my general idea is to upgrade Shiel, McDonald and/or Magner to dual position premiums. I won't be trading Ablett back in until at least round 14.

I'm going a lot better in Supercoach and Sportsbet than DT this year, which is probably due to the fact I am spending absolutely no time on them and have no idea what I'm doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Famous DT Coaches Thread 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back