Fanfooty 09 Planner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Jared Brennan from the Lions. :)

I really like the look of him. I read an article roughly a few weeks after the season ended where he said that he had been begging the coaches to play him as a mid for the whole season. In the last 5 or so weeks (maybe longer, can't remember) of the season he was finnaly played in the middle and had some very big scores. I reckon he can have a breakout year just like Boak in 2009.

Just re-did my team after the price changes, here it is...

Goddard
Shaw
Cornes
Walker
Adcock
Malceski
Pettard
M.Brown
Ziebell

Judd
Gibbs
Brennan
Boak
Coughlan
Rich
Sidebottom
D.Beams

Cox
Ottens
Vickery
D.Currie

Pavlich
Riewoldt
Deledio
Gray
Al.Davey
Higgins
Yarran
Ballantyne
Gumbleton

Will be looking for Franklin at a price drop (hopefully) as well as another premium Backman. Have $108,900 left

THOUGHTS?
Nice side, although apparently Walker has hurt his shoulder again. Brennan in the centre is interesting, could be really good.

Nice side, although apparently Walker has hurt his shoulder again. Brennan in the centre is interesting, could be really good.

Could backfire to the max though.

Brennan would be good if he was in another position, unfortunately, it seems hes only a centreman. :thumbsu:

Could backfire to the max though.

Brennan would be good if he was in another position, unfortunately, it seems hes only a centreman. :thumbsu:

I like him. These were the stats when he was put into the centre (from round 15)...

Round Score
15 128
16 89
17 91
18 134
19 100
20 111
21 137
22 83

For an average of 109.1
If no-one else is going to take the risk I'll gladly take it for them. :):cool:

With Rich and Razzle Dazzle up and coming, Power, Black, Rischitelli, Adcock, Proud, Sherman getting regular gigs, he may find it tough to score well in the centre.

But he may also dominate with effective touches, reduced clangers and hard ball gets.

High risk high reward. :D

With Rich and Razzle Dazzle up and coming, Power, Black, Rischitelli, Adcock, Proud, Sherman getting regular gigs, he may find it tough to score well in the centre.

But he may also dominate with effective touches, reduced clangers and hard ball gets.

High risk high reward. :D

These players were all there when he was putting up big scores, except for Rich who just takes Lappin's spot. As for High Risk High Reward, well that's just how you play the game. :):p

This is my team. I'm not happy with my starting cheap forwards. What do you think?

Backs: Goddard, Gilbee, Shaw, Adcock, O'Brien, Myers, S. Selwood (Collier, Pettard)

Mids: J. Selwood, Swan, Gibbs, Boak, Cotchin, Rich (Dangerfield, Beams)

Rucks: Cox, Simmonds (Vickery, Pyke [LOL])

Fwds: Deledio, Brown, Fevola, Giansiracusa, M. Motlop, Reid, Rusling (Sidebottom, Balantye)

+$112k left

This is my team. I'm not happy with my starting cheap forwards. What do you think?

Backs: Goddard, Gilbee, Shaw, Adcock, O'Brien, Myers, S. Selwood (Collier, Pettard)

Mids: J. Selwood, Swan, Gibbs, Boak, Cotchin, Rich (Dangerfield, Beams)

Rucks: Cox, Simmonds (Vickery, Pyke [LOL])

Fwds: Deledio, Brown, Fevola, Giansiracusa, M. Motlop, Reid, Rusling (Sidebottom, Balantye)

+$112k left

I think there are a couple of things you can do to improve this side. First thing i would do is get rid of one of O'Brien, Myers, S. Selwood (i would suggest Selwood he is not guaranteed a spot in wce team) for a rookie priced back to free up some cash and then put Pettard as a starter. With the $170,000 from the Selwood trade plus your 112,000 left you can upgrade M.Motlop (i dont think he is in Port's best 22 just yet, when he is he will be a good pick) to a player that is close to being a keeper that can improve their average such as jarryd roughead, jason porplyzia or brad johnson. Your Midfield looks good and i like the players that may improve their averages (selwood, gibbs, boak, cotchin) and your rucks are also good as you can lock and leave them. :thumbsu:

Just re-did my team after the price changes, here it is...

Goddard
Shaw
Cornes
Walker
Adcock
Malceski
Pettard
M.Brown
Ziebell

Judd
Gibbs
Brennan
Boak
Coughlan
Rich
Sidebottom
D.Beams

Cox
Ottens
Vickery
D.Currie

Pavlich
Riewoldt
Deledio
Gray
Al.Davey
Higgins
Yarran
Ballantyne
Gumbleton

Will be looking for Franklin at a price drop (hopefully) as well as another premium Backman. Have $108,900 left

THOUGHTS?

I like it. good format team is well balanced, rookies are quality and a few risks taken with make or break players that could dominate. Only thing you need to do is get Walker out of there now that he has done his shoulder again, i would put a premium in there using your leftover cash. fisher or newman:thumbsu:

I like it. good format team is well balanced, rookies are quality and a few risks taken with make or break players that could dominate. Only thing you need to do is get Walker out of there now that he has done his shoulder again, i would put a premium in there using your leftover cash. fisher or newman:thumbsu:

That's what I've just done,

IN: Newman
OUT: Walker

Backline now looks very strong IMO. :):thumbsu:

How many keepers are you guys aiming for? I estimate I have 15-18, which I'm comfortable with. It gives me a lot of leeway if injuries hit my team - which they invariably do.

I think if you've got 12-14 then it might not be enough, considering that you could have five injuries to keepers and also need to make 10+ upgrades.

Thankfully, I find that, besides Ablett, the prices seem fairly cheap this year and it seems easier to put a good team together without having to resort to hack players.

I have 14 players in my team that I still want there by round 22. I have 4 players that could become keepers but probably upgrade and 4 players that I will nearly definitely want to upgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BACKS:

Brendon Goddard
Sam Fisher
Chris Newman
Chad Cornes
Jed Adcock
Nick Malceski
Ricky Petterd

Jason Davenport
Jordan Lisle

CENTRES:

Chris Judd
Brett Kirk
Bryce Gibbs
Paul Hasleby
Daniel Rich
Patrick Dangerfield

Brendan Whitecross
Rohan Bail

RUCKS:

Dean Cox
Brad Ottens

Ben McEvoy
Daniel Currie

FORWARDS:

Matthew Pavlich
Nick Riewoldt
Jared Brennan
Brad Johnson
Scott Lucas
Shaun Higgins
Chris Yarran

Steele Sidebottom
Hayden Ballantyne

104,200 left over.

Thoughts?

**** Headless my backline is a two players different. One on field & one rookie.

Kirk is a great pick, not many grab him.

Higgins, this seasons Porps?

Although he is a unique pick, i think at 32 Kirk is definately past his prime and shouldn't be pulling those numbers he has been. There are far better options out there, especially at that price.

Cheers Judd Magic. whats your thoughts on gray cos i recon he could be awesome this year averagin up around the 90's and who do u think out of ottens and simmonds

Gray from Port right?

Could do ok considering that Port need that smallish forward pocket/crumber type player and he fits the bill. Definitely has the potential and has had 2 or 3 seasons under his belt already so might be his time to flourish!

Ottens or Symonds? I'd probably say Ottens will get you bigger scores on the whole but not convinced that he can stand up for a whole season. Symonds could be back to his old self after getting back into reasonable form from injury last year and could build on the momentum. I'd probably go with Ottens purely on him being able to kick goals while resting forward.

Can I ask why no Cox? He is the first one picked in my team. Best ruck out there by a mile when fit and well worth the money, I don't care how much he costs, rarely lets me down even when he was playing on one foot and another great captains choice too.

Food for thought mate! :p:thumbsu:

Not 2 sure y i dont actually have Cox really :p ive never had him in my side before in any year i just find his price to be a bit 2 much for my liking and with west coasts midfield this season i dont see him getting too many hitouts to advantage... and Petrie as my premium ruckman is a good choice i think.

I just checked the Guru and it recons 2113 for my team that might suggest that its a bit unbalanced but i think it looks really good on paper...

Newman
Shaw
Cornes
R.Clarke
Adcock
Malceski
Pettard
Lisle
Ziebell

Judd
Gibbs
Selwood
Boak
Coughlan
Rich
Sidebottom
D.Beams

Cox
Ottens
Vickery
D.Currie

Pavlich
Riewoldt
Deledio
Brennan
Al.Davey
Higgins
Ballantyne
M.Brown
T.Walker

I've had to drop Yarran and Gray which I'm not too pleased about. but I have got $22,700 left. I'm actually quite pleased about Raph Clarke ATM but I'll see if he can get through the pre-season uninjured. I read up alot on Raph Clarke and take it from me, I think he could have a big year. Backline looks a little weak but I'm pleased about the inculsion of Selwood. Like Clarke I did abit of digging around his name and found a very interesting stat about him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back