Fantasy AFL Sprint: Who would win???

Remove this Banner Ad

S.Rusling after half a year at the club went from running:
100m in 10.80 - 10.65 sec
400m in 50.10 - 48.90 sec
It would be interesting to see how quick he is at the end of this pre-season,
he would blitz them followed by Kane Tennace who runs 100m in 10.68 roughly.

loki04 said:
I know, that kid is so quick off a lead and over longer distances plus he's pretty big so that makes him look a little slower than the smaller skinnier fellas such as Lovett and Davey. So quick i reckon he would win or at least give it a very good shake.

In the actual fantasy sprint i tip Walker, bloody quick that guy but Davey, Lovett and Deleds would give it a good run but include Rusling and he would in my mind win.

UNIT said:
Your a Richmond supporter so maybe you remember when we played you at G earlier this year....Juddy accelerated to take a handball from Cousins, he then accelrated again when he had the pill, and then he accelerated AGAIN to get past the last man and kick the goal.

D'you'member that?? ;)

Ive seen Juddy accelrate to get to the footy and then accelrate again to get away from the contest.

Ive seen Juddy at full toe pick up the footy first touch, slow down a bit to dodge a couple of tackles, then just explode again quicker than he was to begin with.

Dead set freak.

Ha Ha Haa

He ran faster, then faster, then FASTER!

loki04 said:

48.9? that is lighting quick, that is faster then cathy

Judd from a standing start and Davey from a rolling start for me but Walker is also very fast. Interested to some big guys have a crack at this, Richo a few years ago fully fit was the fastest I have seen for a guy that big live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MeeSo said:
So were your first 2 flags.

Lets not have this oh so boring conversation again. Anyone who thinks the start up concessions which West Coast recieved in 1987, 5 years before our first premiership, are in some way paralell to the 'here have a premiership' handouts that Sydney and the Lions recieved and continue to recieve, clearly have no idea whatsover.

Once again, go and read Football Ltd by Garry Linnell and get some idea on the handicaps that West Coast also had put on them in the early days. The VFL did everything in its power to see West Coast NOT win a premiership, which is the opposite to what we have seen with seen Sydney and Brisbane.

UNIT said:
Lets not have this oh so boring conversation again. Anyone who thinks the start up concessions which West Coast recieved in 1987, 5 years before our first premiership, are in some way paralell to the 'here have a premiership' handouts that Sydney and the Lions recieved and continue to recieve, clearly have no idea whatsover.

Once again, go and read Football Ltd by Garry Linnell and get some idea on the handicaps that West Coast also had put on them in the early days. The VFL did everything in its power to see West Coast NOT win a premiership, which is the opposite to what we have seen with seen Sydney and Brisbane.
The assistance to maintain players that Brisbane and Sydney received is in no way even remotely in the same league as the manufactured side West Coast had. 10%. 15%. Absolute chicken feed compared to the leg up the West was given. You are clearly blind. Biggest asterix ever.

MeeSo said:
Must have been very difficult for the WA state of origin team to overcome all those hardships.

You mean the WA State of Origin team that didnt have the Krakouers, Buckenara, Winmar, Ben Allan, Earl Spalding, Craig Starcevich, Dorotich and on and on???

That Eagles side of the early 90s that went on to win 2 flags was largely built from the ground up with WA Teal Cup kids. There were virtually no interstate players. Can you imagine that now? If West Coast only had WA players, and most of the good, expirienced ones were still playing in Victoria?

If anything, West Coast is lucky it went on to achieve the success it did.

Andrew Walker deserves to be in there if Shannon Byrnes or Lovett gets a gig.:thumbsu:

Has the motor to keep it up for 100 metres once he's off and running.Ran down Andrew Lovett this year on the G after he was given a headstart and went close to catching Judd and Deledio in full flight after they too had a break on him.

But I reckon Tenace or James Walker would win.

UNIT said:
You mean the WA State of Origin team that didnt have the Krakouers, Buckenara, Winmar, Ben Allan, Earl Spalding, Craig Starcevich, Dorotich and on and on???

That Eagles side of the early 90s that went on to win 2 flags was largely built from the ground up with WA Teal Cup kids. There were virtually no interstate players. Can you imagine that now? If West Coast only had WA players, and most of the good, expirienced ones were still playing in Victoria?

If anything, West Coast is lucky it went on to achieve the success it did.
Were they lucky to pick up this handful of players via "zone selections" and "pre-draft selections"?
G.Jakovich
M.White
J.Ball
D.Pyke
P.Sumich
C.Turley
R.Turnbull

as well as guys like Matera, Heady, McIntosh, Kemp via the draft proper (you can't tell me that they got all these guys fairly).

Having the pick of the young WAFL talent makes Premierships much easier, imagine a team snapping up the best WA players for the next three years. They would have a handy team a few years after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy AFL Sprint: Who would win???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back