News Farewell Scully, KMarshall, Narkle, FEvans, Clurey

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Scully would have been retained had we been able to send Soldo somewhere. Unfortunately Scully didn't do enough to convince the list committee to keep him in the end. As to rookie listing him, as some have suggested, I don't like his chances.
With four picks in the top 50 and Rome Burgouyne, Louie Montgomery and Barrett likely to be taken late or in the rookie draft I don't think we'll have enough list space unless we cut some more.

Think I would’ve kept Scully myself , liked his basics , marking and kicking and his height. He was a bit stiff in his movements but thought he was worth another year to make sure he wasn’t going to make it .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its annoying that Evans played the last 11 games and Natkle the last 13. Could have thrown some of them to Lorenz and Jackson really

Is the only "raw tall" developed under Hinkley D Howard

What's the point of you picking them if you're only going to give them one pre season?

Scully is like 19-20 years old and about 205cm. He's still a kid. Apart from the odd freak bigs take years to develop. Bizarre delisting to cut him after just 2 years, almost like why draft him in the first place? He'd take the odd strong grab in the wasteland that is our SANFL forward line.

Just another shit call from a club that is all about shit calls.

Mac and cheese is worse than narkle and Evans but nah ditch them first. Another of kernys little favourites. Probably likes greyhounds. What a joke.

Definitely feels like a massive vote in confidence in Richards. Part of the reason we had McEntee, Tank and Ol Sparkly on the list was in the hope one could be a serviceable small forward. We must be going all in on Richards to slash like this.

Im not gonna lose sleep on this one, but would much rather have Scully and Narkle on the list than McEntee and Atkins. Honestly would rather Scully than Boak too, but that might be heresy on here.

Would love us to rookie Scully just to give him another year or two. No guarantee we get much more out of Todd and Scully would be a good project behind Lord putting some pressure on.

I thought it was Coobk001 but it was Scully was gone if Hinkley was staying. I might have that the wrong way round.

*Just checked and you're right, 'if Hinkley isn't retained he will be gone.'

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/list-management-2024-25.1378792/page-179#post-85473914
Yes, I can confirm that Scully himself personally thought his best chance of remaining was if Ken stayed. He obviously did, but unfortunately for him it didn't matter. He found out on Friday that he was gone.

Scully was told he just doesn't have that competitive mongrel and work ethic they want. They tried to get it out of him, but he didn't exhibit it and they don't believe he will make it based on that. To be honest, looks like he'll just be the next Redden, Mitch Harvey type, that will probably go onto have a good SANFL career but just might not have been up to AFL.

Do we still pay Clurey if he's "seeking other opportunities"? Sounds like he's probably been offered to be picked up as a DFA elsewhere.
We must pay him, unless another club picks him up. Even then we have to pay the balance on his contract.

i.e. We probably had Clurey on something like $400k per year, if he is picked up by West Coast at $200k, we must still pay him $200k.

Basically players can't 'double dip', but they must be paid what they were contracted to take.

If he gets a 2 year + contract then that changes things as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Farewell Scully, KMarshall, Narkle, FEvans, Clurey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back