Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Shaun say something more than I heard Friday night. He was being with pride about Jase’s performance and didn’t seem so say much more re Ken than Tim ginever or Ken have said - but I didn’t see the whole post game and can’t find it online.

I don’t know exactly what he said as I was at the game and haven’t re-watched the post game hawthorn sook that was televised but apparently he joined in with the one eyed hawthorn brigade of hodge and Lewis in criticising Ken’s action without even knowing what he said.

Meanwhile his kids were playing poos and wees dress ups with wizard hats during the week.

I guess his kids can support whoever they like but whilst he is employed with our club I would’ve thought he would be on our side. But to me it doesn’t appear to be the case and his relationship with port is awkward.

My gut feel is his hearts with hawthorn.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t know exactly what he said as I was at the game and haven’t re-watched the post game hawthorn sook that was televised but apparently he joined in with the one eyed hawthorn brigade of hodge and Lewis in criticising Ken’s action without even knowing what he said.

Meanwhile his kids were playing poos and wees dress ups with wizard hats during the week.

I guess his kids can support whoever they like but whilst he is employed with our club I would’ve thought he would be on our side. But to me it doesn’t appear to be the case and his relationship with port is awkward.

My gut feel is his hearts with hawthorn.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
End of the day, we are the club that overlooked him for captaincy when it was public who the coach wanted. He was physically/mentally shot here and ended up being well looked after by Hawthorn who saw to it his legacy rivals some of the very best indigenous footballers to have played at the elite level. His kids saw his heroics in the Yellow and Brown, you can understand why they may jump at the opportunity to get involved with some media for their Hawthorn.

He is employed at Port now and building the relationship with the club again, time heals all wounds and hopefully one of his kids will one day don the Port Strip with their cousins and we can all get along again.

If Craig Bradley was asked to pick Port or Carlton, where do you think his alliance would fall? And would ‘we’ be ok with that?

I think Shaun is both clubs , I know Gavin is , if he was sitting next to Tredrea and and Chad instead of Hodge and Lewis he probably would’ve seemingly leaned more to Port
He did say it made him feel proud as an uncle to see Jase doing well .
I’m sure Poppa Greg and Auntie Erin would get into the boys ears to choose Port if they’re good enough , I’m not sure if they’re close with Peters kids , their mother is Peters ex now , I presume the kids live with the mother , she’s a Darwin aboriginal.
I don’t know them well but my wife is a Burgoyne so I have met them at weddings and funerals and Peter a bit at the footy

Talk to me after he's played 3 finals and is BOG in a Prelim, yep the kid played well won't deny that but still dont rate him. He'll get shown up this Friday when its hot and congested.

"Talk to me once he gets traded to a Melbourne minnow club and is promptly delisted within 12 months"

Talk to me after he's played 3 finals and is BOG in a Prelim, yep the kid played well won't deny that but still dont rate him. He'll get shown up this Friday when its hot and congested.
He probably will, the whole team probably will. This is a Hinkley lead Port Adelaide. But boy, he was mightily impressive Friday night, best on ground by a street, and at 21-22 years of age with <30 Games under his belt, imagine how good he will be at 26 with 100 games into him, when it’s fierce and hot… unlike Bonner who played 4 good games in his career.

What a ******ed post.
He's improved drastically more than anyone on our list by so far it's not funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember saying that he should be moved back for the Geelong final and it didn't get much love. I was worried that Sinn would be too risky and either a DBJ or Burgoyne would be a better option.

I thought Burton was one of our better olayers agaisnt Geelong so when i heard he was out some negativity really crept in, but the Burton injury forced us to roll the dice with both Burgoyne and Sinn, and it was impressive. It's provided some good selection headaches now if Farrell and Burton are cleared fit to play.

Peter and Shaun were very good across the half back line, so i loved seeing Burgoyne down there, looked very natural.

There is something about this kids personality i really love too, doesn't say much but you can tell how much he is loving his footy.

Seeing Burgoyne and Evans embrace at the end of the game was awesome, two young kids having the time of their lives.
I feel the same way, watching him play adds to the game experience, I think it’s because he says how he feels “I kicked that goal and my whole body was tingling” can’t wait for Rome to join him.

I think Shaun is both clubs , I know Gavin is , if he was sitting next to Tredrea and and Chad instead of Hodge and Lewis he probably would’ve seemingly leaned more to Port
He did say it made him feel proud as an uncle to see Jase doing well .
I’m sure Poppa Greg and Auntie Erin would get into the boys ears to choose Port if they’re good enough , I’m not sure if they’re close with Peters kids , their mother is Peters ex now , I presume the kids live with the mother , she’s a Darwin aboriginal.
I don’t know them well but my wife is a Burgoyne so I have met them at weddings and funerals and Peter a bit at the footy
Rome is in Adelaide at boarding school, are you sure they’ve split up? They’re both at all the school stuff.

I feel the same way, watching him play adds to the game experience, I think it’s because he says how he feels “I kicked that goal and my whole body was tingling” can’t wait for Rome to join him.

Hearing the name Burgoyne in finals playing for Port and seeing Jase's mullety hair is very reminiscent of Peter in 04. Hopefully there's more of a meaningful similarity there too 20 years on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back