Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think will win the#TACCup goal kicking award ? From@CalderCannonsFC @NthKnights or@DandyStingrays? pic.twitter.com/eMy8138Uzf

@TACCup @CalderCannonsFC@DandyStingrays @reecemck21 a big chance

@NthKnights @TACCup@CalderCannonsFC @reecemck21come on has to be the Hairy Cat@TaylorJoyce23 due for a bag!!!

@TACCup @NthKnights@DandyStingrays looking forward to seeing Jayden 'Coleman' Foster kick a few tomorrow! #gothemightycannons

Love the twitter banter going on over the goal kicking. :p

2gls for Foster, 1.2 for McKenzie

Foster rolled ankle in warmup but is fine

Does anyone know what the frequency for the TAC Cup Radio is? The Game is on it and I would like to listen to it but I can't seem to find it.

Underager Hisham Kerbetieh with one, Foster with 2 Cannons 3 2 20 McKenzie with one don't know who kicked the other one Knights 2 3 15

anyone catching your eye?
Key Defender (Cant remember Number) for Calder playing McKenzie like a Glove has kept him scoreless since QT

EDIT: Number 12

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clinic by Foster today 6 so far has defended well when it is needed and played ruck earlier in the game

So about how big is this kid? He showed decent signs over the year?
I don't know much at all about him unfortunately, except that he's played as a key forward for quite a bit of the year. I haven't heard his name much at all so don't think he's considered much more than a late or rookie pick.

Congrats to Foster, huge achievement! :thumbsu:

Without wanting to put a dampener on things I just want to mention some of the names that have won this in the past:
2009: Luke McDonald (not the North player)
2010: Corey Buchan
2011: Jack Solomon / Nicholas Maric / Nicholas Murphy
2012: Tim Membrey
2013: Joshua Scott
My point is that, Membrey aside (who has looked reasonable in his couple of games since being drafted, but nothing special), most people wouldn't have heard of any of these players. There's a very big difference between dominating TAC Cup and being even serviceable at AFL level. In terms of goal kickers a completely different type of player dominates TAC Cup to who does so at AFL level. It's incredibly difficult for somebody that plays like Foster does to transfer his skills to AFL level and it's most likely going to be a while coming if he does.

Not saying he won't make it (and of course I'm hoping he does!), I just don't want to see people getting carried away and thinking we've solved our forward problems. Foster isn't much more than a very late/rookie pick, even after winning the goal kicking award. The chances of him making it are slim, as with most players in that range.

He's probably worth a punt if he slides to the rookie draft and there's nobody we like much better, but let's not get too carried away.

Should add that I have nothing against him, nor is it a post intended to say that we should give up on him. Just don't want to see him (should we draft him) come into the club with any sort of massive expectations placed on his head. Can be tough for young players - especially those with late-draft talent - to handle when they come in with the fans expecting big things. Don't want that to weigh him down.

Regardless, very happy for Jayden and hope he keeps going from strength to strength. :):thumbsu:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back