Favourite Beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little creatures is a fantastic beer, but don't see it that often in Melbourne. Do Dan Murphys sell it?

Dan's, 1st Choice, Safeway and Coles all stock it.

Also, they're supposedly opening a brewery/bar here in Melbourne. Their head brewer has moved here apparently.

I was talking about beers last night with a friend who knows his stuff. We got around to talking about the Port Dock Brewery and their Black Bart Stout, a milk stout which is only 1 of 3 brewed in Australia. Anyone ever had a milk stout? I'm looking forward to going to the Port Dock to try this beer.

heres the description from the website

Although smooth and subtle, the sweet maltiness and roasty flavours of this authentic milk stout are very wholesome. A giving and sustaining drink, it will bolster the constitution of the seediest sailor. Said by some to be an aphrodisiac and found to be enjoyable with a dozen fresh oysters, unwrap its dark treasures today.

don't really like beer i prefer bourbon like jimmy or woodies

You disgust me.

My favourite beer at the moment would have to be Coopers Pale - i can boutique it up any day of the week, but like a lovesick slave, i come crawling back.

Coopers Pale or Sparkling, usually Pale
Guiness is supurb, love drinking it.
Kilkenny i dont drink enough but love it when i do.
I drink carlton draught in town cos its 2.50 a schooner on wednesdays and is better than new and VB(VB us the worst). and cheaper usually anyway.
I dont mind Reschs Pilsner. Most euro beers im not much a fan of, dime a dozen lagers, altho im sure they are better over there. Stella ive had on tap overseas that was good.
Cant stand extra drys either, dont mind tooheys Pils. Tooheys old is a top beer, real flavoursome.
American beer is the dregs.

Dan's, 1st Choice, Safeway and Coles all stock it.

Also, they're supposedly opening a brewery/bar here in Melbourne. Their head brewer has moved here apparently.

Little Creatures has opened a bar in Fitzroy. LC is one of the best beers in Australia... gets my vote:thumbsu:

The best beer I've ever drank is Augustiner. Sadly, it is only available in Munich and surroundings. But if any of beer lovers are thinking of going to the Oktoberfest then that's the beer to drink.
I also like Plzen [Chech Rep], Budvar [Chech Rep - which is actually original version of Budweiser] and Warsteiner [Germany] and those are widely regarded as some of the best beers in the world.

Localy, Little Creatures and Cascade are very good.

Sorry, I'm reading a lot of old posts and agreeing...

Augustiner is a great drop as well. i have a beer stein from Augustiner at home - something of pride. Its by far the best beer in munich.

Went to IGA Liquor the other night and scored some Forbidden Fruit and Orval for 3 bucks a stubbie. I also grabbed a six pack of James Squire Pepperberry Winter Ale. Had a stubbie of it last night and it is absolutely beautiful. Very smooth chocolatey flavour with a slight peppery bite at the finish. It took all my will power to stop at just one

I was talking about beers last night with a friend who knows his stuff. We got around to talking about the Port Dock Brewery and their Black Bart Stout, a milk stout which is only 1 of 3 brewed in Australia. Anyone ever had a milk stout? I'm looking forward to going to the Port Dock to try this beer.

heres the description from the website

Ripping beer. The Old Preacher and Black Diamond are also very very good.

Heres a link to a review I did of it a few years back....

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2567/18682/?ba=diablo14

Seriously, if you are from Adelaide, love beer, follow Port Adelaide, and have never been to this place, I am demanding a Royal Commision! I go to Adelaide on occasion just to drink at the Port Dock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to IGA Liquor the other night and scored some Forbidden Fruit and Orval for 3 bucks a stubbie. I also grabbed a six pack of James Squire Pepperberry Winter Ale. Had a stubbie of it last night and it is absolutely beautiful. Very smooth chocolatey flavour with a slight peppery bite at the finish. It took all my will power to stop at just one

Where, and do they have any more???????

Where, and do they have any more???????
Ballarat. Don't know if it was just my local IGA or whether it was across the board. All I know is that the price I got it for is about half normal price. It reminded me of when I went to a pub here called "The Bended Elbow" with a work colleague and we were drinking stubbies of Chimay Blue for 5 bucks a pop. There was none left in the fridge when we left.

I also grabbed a six pack of James Squire Pepperberry Winter Ale. Had a stubbie of it last night and it is absolutely beautiful. Very smooth chocolatey flavour with a slight peppery bite at the finish. It took all my will power to stop at just one

Seconded. I've bought another six to take up to a friend on a northern roadtrip next weekend.

What do people think of Asahi?

Love the stuff on tap in Japan. Great with the fish dishes over there, cooked and uncooked. Really crisp.

Less so for the imported stuff we get here in Aus, brewed/bottled in Thailand.

Anyone heard of www.barleycornbrewers.com ?

It's not a plug (well it is, because it was so much damn fun brewing there!) but they're a big homebrew joint (for those in Melbourne) right near Huntingdale Golf Course. They've got about 100 styles on which you can work from - mine's based on San Francisco's Anchor Steam, a damn fine Pale Ale style, and for an absolute max of $290 (which includes labelling and bottling), you get 6 slabs of beer. The $290 would get you something in the 6%+ head ripper range (but you can add extra malt etc etc to strengthen it) but there's great choice at cheaper prices. I bottle & pick mine up in two weeks, so yeah, very excited:thumbsu:

Favourite recent beer - Westmalle or good ole Little Creatures Pale
Favourite in the last 6 months - Heartland Brewery Oatmeal Stout (if in NY City, get to one of these pubs!)

Got some on Friday and I gotta say i dont like it one bit. That peppermint type of aftertaste was not my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back