Favourite Beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up there with Corona, tastes like crap but people drink it because it is deemed to be trendy.

Really?

The only bar in Perth I have been to with it on tap is the Brisbane from memory and you very rarely see people drinking stubbies of it.

Hardly what I'd call a trendy beer.

Reserve that for Crownies, Heiny, Becks, Stella and Coronas.

Really?

The only bar in Perth I have been to with it on tap is the Brisbane from memory and you very rarely see people drinking stubbies of it.

Hardly what I'd call a trendy beer.

Reserve that for Crownies, Heiny, Becks, Stella and Coronas.
Maybe its a Melbourne thing. Expect them to arrive in 2011 :thumbsu:

Ugh Corona is gross, you have to shove 3 slices of lime in the bottle to make it taste half decent.

I don't know anything about imported or boutique beers. Generally I'll drink anything but New and Blonde. Preferably Carlton or TED. But would like to try some nicer beers.

like to try this pepperberry ale, couldnt find it at a few shops in the gong tho
Got some James Squire Amber Ale the other day, had one tonight, not bad
also picked me (on the other end of the class spectrum) some reschs real bitter.
should be interesting

Intrested in trying the pure blonde premium

I work at a bottleshop and a pallet came in, unfortunatly the w***er manager wont let us buy any untill the "official" launch of the stuff on monday
The Platinum Blonde has been at Dan's for a while now. Meh.

I don't know anything about imported or boutique beers.
Lets assume you live in or near Sydney. Go to The Lord Nelson Hotel. They brew several beers all of which are on their menu board. 'Three Sheets' is my favourite but they all have their charm. If you feel like a road trip head down to Picton to the George IV Inn, good brewery there. The Brewery at Goulburn is also worth a visit

Being South Australian, my favourite beer has to be Cooper's Pale Ale. I have yet to find a beer to beat it. I also don't mind a can of Amsterdam because they are plentiful, and bloody cheap too!:thumbsu:

One beer I hate however, is Toohey's Extra Dry, I reckon its fairly sickening...

Tonight I walked into the Bottleo and asked a guy for some help, I said, "I just want to try a beer that isn't Carlton or VB or Extra Dry." Once he stopped laughing he recommended Murray's Pilsner, which I'm drinking right now :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you ever get over to the West (and I'm talking about Western Australia) you should get your lips around a Nail Stout, it's an oatmeal stout around 6% and its damn fine.

The other sublime beer in the west is Dogbolter, which like Nail Stout, is a dark beer with superb taste. If you've been to New Zealand, you may confuse Dogbolter with Monteith's Black Beer, they're very similar...

Tonight I walked into the Bottleo and asked a guy for some help, I said, "I just want to try a beer that isn't Carlton or VB or Extra Dry." Once he stopped laughing he recommended Murray's Pilsner, which I'm drinking right now :thumbsu:
So how did the Pilsner go down? I've tried Murray's Pale, Blonde and Grand Cru all of which were quite nice. The Grand Cru especially being a Trappist Style Beer. Just been to Dan Murphys and bought a few different beers. A big can of Sapporo, stubbie of Sinha Stout, cuppla stubbies of Firefly and a stubbie of Fullers ESB. I have had Sapporo before but none of the others, so if any of you fellow beer lovers have tried them please let me know and give us your thoughts:)

So how did the Pilsner go down?

It's pretty good! Especially with food. It's a little bit bitter, but very drinkable.

I'm going to do some beer research (research = reading about beer on Wikipedia :thumbsu: You would think 5 years of Uni would have taught me how to do proper research, but no.)

Well beer lovers I had my stubbie of Firefly last night and I am very impressed with it. Brewed by the same folks who brew Bluebottle. Both are brewed with food in mind, Bluebottle for seafood and Firefly for spicy food. Thats my research done for another day, I'll do some more studies after I knock off tonight:p

I also grabbed a six pack of James Squire Pepperberry Winter Ale. Had a stubbie of it last night and it is absolutely beautiful. Very smooth chocolatey flavour with a slight peppery bite at the finish. It took all my will power to stop at just one

Just found it, it is great, really like the strong malty flavour, a bit like Roof Top only stronger in taste which I thought would be hard to find.

So how did the Pilsner go down? I've tried Murray's Pale, Blonde and Grand Cru all of which were quite nice. The Grand Cru especially being a Trappist Style Beer. Just been to Dan Murphys and bought a few different beers. A big can of Sapporo, stubbie of Sinha Stout, cuppla stubbies of Firefly and a stubbie of Fullers ESB. I have had Sapporo before but none of the others, so if any of you fellow beer lovers have tried them please let me know and give us your thoughts:)

Mate, the Sinha Stout is a cracking beer. I found it to have an almost mocha flavour, great on a cold winter's evening.
The Fullers ESB is a classic, if you can, try and have it at cellar temp not straight from the fridge and the lower temps don't allow you to taste the full flavour. I loved the Grand Cru.

Was in Hobart last weekend and tried a few beers, the best of which were Moo Brew Pale Ale & Dark Ale and the Two Metre Tall Cleansing Ale. Tried the latter from a traditional hand pump at the Lark Distillery - I thoroughly recommend trying it to anyone who gets the chance.

Mate, the Sinha Stout is a cracking beer. I found it to have an almost mocha flavour, great on a cold winter's evening.
The Fullers ESB is a classic, if you can, try and have it at cellar temp not straight from the fridge and the lower temps don't allow you to taste the full flavour. I loved the Grand Cru.
Had the Fullers ESB and I'm in full agreeance with you mate, its a classic! I'm on a mission to try their full range now. I had their Honeydew a while back and it was beautiful. My Mrs put me onto it as she'd had it in England and liked it, despite not being a beer drinker.
The Sinha Stout gets a tick of approval as well. Since the temp around home at the moment is about 8 degrees max. and drops below zero at night. Great weather for Stouts, Porters and other Dark beers:p:thumbsu:

Had a few low key ones tonight with a mate.

Had tried Kirin before from a can and wasn't a fan. Had it tonight from the tap and am in love :thumbsu: Rippng pear.

Also tried the Bohemian Pilsner, and rated that highly also. Very fruity.

Anyone tried the Barefoot radler? Also not to bad. One of those refreshing beers that you can use to break up your drinking a bit.

If you like dark beers then try gouden carolus classic its expensive but a very nice drop. Also the red hill imperial stout very nice but hard to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back