SASQUATCH09

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2008
Thornbury
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Deccan Chargers
In 1992 I went to Victoria Park for the first time. It was an awesome game of football with some stars of the day like Lyon, Daicos, Schwartz and Pert all in good form. Jakovich brought up his 100th goal that day in just his 21st game. He kicked 7.5 which was about as accurate as he came. Big Sav dominated the other end with 5 big ones. Shaw and Stynes were best on, both at the peaks of their individual careers.

My best memory was when Daicos kicked a goal with minutes left only for a free kick to be given to Garry Lyon off the ball and the goal didn't count. Melbourne kicked 1 more to seal the game by 9 points. I remember leaving the ground and all the Pies fans complaining about the holding free kick Lyon had recieved, even tough Collingwood led the free kick tally easily. I was only 12 years old but will always remember it vividly. One of the best!

Would have to be in 2003 at the Telstra Dome.

Collingwood Vs West Coast Eagles. (maybe round 8?)

We kicked the first 6 goals within the first 15 mins or so and were on fire!

Then the pies came flying back and the place was rocking! (I was there)

Collingwood were 16 points in front with about 8 mins to go and I thought "she's over" but then bang bang bang we kicked the last 6 goals in like 8 mins to win a BEAUTY!!!

The year was 2005.

Collingwood thought they had won the match at 3/4 time with a steady 4 goal lead.

Their fans were cockier than ever.

Then BAM!

Nathan G. Brown kicks 5 last quarter goals to stick it right up 'em!!

Last year in Round 11 was pretty sweet.

We were 1 win 9 losses leading up to the game, while Collingwood were in good form.

Got alot of money off my mates after we beat them (had a hunch we would win :thumbsu:)

They all are the best but probably the 1 point win over them 1 year in rd 22, i loved that! I was sitting on level 2 with all the pie members and they were going nuts at Tarrent when he kept shanking them. Then campa came through and kicked a goal and fev picked him up lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a top 10.

1. 2002 GF - so close but yet so far away. :)
2. 2003 GF - it probably would have been sweeter if they had turned up, but I suppose it was enjoyable in a way.
3. Last game at Vic Park in 1999 - ouch :eek:
4. 93 point schellacking in 07 - the Lions chant echoing around the MCG at a Collingwood home game was hilarious
5. Round 15 2005 - Collingwood with 0.7.7 at half time. :thumbsu: Mick: "Do we have their respect? I absolutely doubt it".
6. Wearing the Fitzroy heritage strip for the first time in 2003 - you couldn't find a hotter favourite than the Pies. 8 goals in the first quarter, lol.
7. 2 point win this year - no, it was the umpires fault wasn't it? :eek:
8. Grand final rematch in 03 - Brennan goes berserk on debut and ever since they have been a play thing of his.
9. Grand final rematch in 04 - they actually came out breathing fire for this one. But it was a casual 60 point win in the end.
10. Round 13 1997 - the start of one hell of a domination.

I remember a game when we were gone 3 or 4 goals down with 5mins tops to play Joffa had the gold jacket on and that lame "GAME OVER" banner out, then we went bang bang bang bang and snatched it with seconds to play.

Good old Joffa made a fool of himself yet again:D

1993 at Vic Park. McAdam kicked ten and the unreconstructed element were pouring racial abuse on him as he made Mick gayfer look the dud he was.

After his tenth, McAdam strolled back to the goal square and quickly mooned the Collingwood cheer squad.

gold.

I have a top 10.

1. 2002 GF - so close but yet so far away. :)
2. 2003 GF - it probably would have been sweeter if they had turned up, but I suppose it was enjoyable in a way.
3. Last game at Vic Park in 1999 - ouch :eek:
4. 93 point schellacking in 07 - the Lions chant echoing around the MCG at a Collingwood home game was hilarious
5. Round 15 2005 - Collingwood with 0.7.7 at half time. :thumbsu: Mick: "Do we have their respect? I absolutely doubt it".
6. Wearing the Fitzroy heritage strip for the first time in 2003 - you couldn't find a hotter favourite than the Pies. 8 goals in the first quarter, lol.
7. 2 point win this year - no, it was the umpires fault wasn't it? :eek:
8. Grand final rematch in 03 - Brennan goes berserk on debut and ever since they have been a play thing of his.
9. Grand final rematch in 04 - they actually came out breathing fire for this one. But it was a casual 60 point win in the end.
10. Round 13 1997 - the start of one hell of a domination.

Warwick again proving that he is living a life free of an unhealthy obsession. There is hope yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Favourite win over Collingwood!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back