Fevola 99 Merged Threads - The whinges, the hate, the commiserations and congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Carlton Supporters Complaining about not gifting Fevola his 100

What did Hawthorn have to lose by letting Fevola put another goal through? They were 11 goals up at the time, and didn't need to win by X amount of points to gain enough percentage to move up the ladder. If there was a couple of points in it, I could understand why they wouldn't allow Fev to kick his 100th goal, but they were miles in front.
but aren't you the poster who actually owned yourself with that stupid post about Malthouse a few weeks back? looks like nothings changed?

Did anyone see Chance Bateman's celebration when the siren went? Jumped into the air like they had just won by under a goal. This showed to me that the hawks were pretty keen to not let Fev get his 100. Might have been their focus for the last term to keep them motivated.

Ringing up SEN straight after the game calling Hawthorn a disgrace.

I know the club is used to receiving handouts, but honestly, did they expect Clarkson to give instructions to allow Fevola, Carlton's only target in the second half, free run at the ball?

Isn't the reason 100 goals is so celebrated is because its bloody hard to get, and because the opposition make you earn it? What did Carlton expect?

What a weak response to getting belted by a better opponent, and trying to deflect that fact and take it out on the opposition in any way the can.

Poor.

Good Post.

I heard some of those calls on the way home last night and the way they were carrying on was completely embarrassing. This is a team that had just lost by 13 goals and seemed to forget they were outplayed in absolutely every department yet blamed Clarkson's coaching for the fact Fevola did not reach 100. I would of expected any coach, including my own in the same situation to make it as difficult as possible for Fevola to kick goals last night.

The game was over, another stampede from the crowd would of delayed the ending to a one sided Hawthorn victory even more. The Hawks had finals on their mind, wanted the job done quickly and can look forward to playing more competetive opposition next week.

Carlton supporters should be asking Fev why when the heat was still in the game you missed with 4 shots.7 goals in junk time after half time when your side is 10 goals down is hardly deserving of any respect by the opposition.

Hawthorn's decision to put 4 players on Fevola was poor form. It shows a lack of respect for Carlton. If it was a Collingwood or Essendon or Port Adelaide forward in the same position I would say the same thing. A lack of respect for the game and for the opposition.

I think there is a good chance Hawthorn will regret this decision sometime in the coming 3 seasons.

I certainly will be hoping Hawthorn get smashed by 100 points by Geelong in the finals.

Go Cats!

If anything it shows repect for Fev, who at the time was firing and we needed to stop him with more then 1 man on him. :thumbsu:

Re: Hawthorn fans who actually went to the game

As a Blues man, I have mixed emotions about all this.

The most disappointing things were:

1. As soon as there was a sniff Fev was possibly going to make it, he was triple teamed and another player dropped back in the hole. When you are 10+ up with 10-15 min to go, i think the game is is just about won. That shows there was a directive to ensure he didn't get it.

2. When 3 players basically block you from leading, that is an illegal block/shepard in my book. Poor form by the umpire.

However, i heard a great thought by someone last night that I think is worthy to take on board and demonstrate, that if you want something you have to earn it.

Someone said last night, if it was Steve Waugh or Ricky Ponting captaining Aust had an opposition player was on 99, they wouldnt be placing the fielders around the boundary to allow the single. They would ensure that the batsman earns the run to notch up a century.

If that was the case we wouldn't be complaining. We would be upset if the captains allowed that to happen.

Though let me make one thing perfectly clear, I still think Clarko is a maggot for his tactics. :D;)

What did Hawthorn have to lose by letting Fevola put another goal through? They were 11 goals up at the time, and didn't need to win by X amount of points to gain enough percentage to move up the ladder. If there was a couple of points in it, I could understand why they wouldn't allow Fev to kick his 100th goal, but they were miles in front.

What did Geelong have to gain by embarrassing Port in last years Grand Final?

They were over 10 goals up, percentage didn't matter, yet they kept on scoring, why not let Port kick some goals to save face?

There is a simple answer, Geelong won by as much as they could because they were able to do so, they drove the stake into Port's heart because that's the way it should be in Aussie Rules.

You win by as much as you can, you deny the opposition every goal that you can, you kill off the opposition in every way possible.

I hated watching Geelong murder my team in last years Grand Final, but I would have been aghast and even more embarrassed if they took pity on us, letting us score some "give-away" goals.

Geelong did what they were supposed to do, and good on them for doing so.

Hawthorn also did what they were supposed to do, and good on them for the success.

I thought that Clarkson pulled Guerra away late in the game to leave Fevola one out against Croad?

To all the Carlton supporters - Build a bridge real quick - it's over get on with how exciting your teams future looks and when Fev does do it it will mean so much more than being gifted it.

Hawthorn's decision to put 4 players on Fevola was poor form. It shows a lack of respect for Carlton. If it was a Collingwood or Essendon or Port Adelaide forward in the same position I would say the same thing. A lack of respect for the game and for the opposition.

Hahahahahahahaha lay off the drugs, it shows more respect that we wanted him to earn it. Fev should have finished on 98, his last goal wasn't even a free, but lets not let facts get in the way.

Did you ever consider that the Hawk players wanted to protect Buddy's Coleman?

Bottom line...............Mr Pratt,jobs at visi board or all the money in the world" CAN NOT BUY YOU EVERY THING" thank you and good night'''............
THE DASHER

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew when Fev got to 99 the thug that is Alister Clarkson was always going to push 5 men back on Fev to steal his moment in the sun.
Of course Clarkson did nothing against the rules but when your sides up by 13 goals with a minute to go and every single supporter whether they be Hawthorn or Carlton wanted to see Fevola reach the milestone, why bother flooding back like that.
Says a lot about that w***er of a coach.

Next year when Fev tears the hawks open yet again and we win, I think he'll have a few words to say..

If Fev was on 50 goals I doubt Carlton would have gone to Fev 4.5 times out of 5.

Carlton probably did Fevola a disservice by going to Fevola too much?

Question is, if Carlton was in our shoes, would you support Carlton gifting Hawthorn a 100 goal a year goalkicker, that's not the Carlton way of the 1990's I remember.
They still would've passed it to him
why do you think he got to 99 goals in the first place?

Hahahaha i was at the game last night and my two stupid carlton supporting mates were having a whinge aswell!

Bad luck to Fev for not getting there, champion Full Forward but mate you cant be serious on gifting goals to players just because they're so close to the ton!

Petty and spiteful from Hawthorn.

Are they obliged to let him get his 100? No. But 80 points up and to put their whole gameplan around stopping Fev kicking a 100 was a bit childish. 3 and 4 teaming him, and stalling and running down the clock for no other reason than stopping Fev getting his 100 has pretty ordinary.

Whilst not obliged, could have been good sports and played the game out normally. If he got it, fair enough, if he missed out, fair enough.

Hahahaha i was at the game last night and my two stupid carlton supporting mates were having a whinge aswell!

Bad luck to Fev for not getting there, champion Full Forward but mate you cant be serious on gifting goals to players just because they're so close to the ton!
Who's asking him to be gifted? They 3 and 4 teamed him. Why would they go and do that? Spiteful perhaps?

Coz its a bloody game and not a feel-good movie where everyone comes out with a happy face. Now the 100 goal milestone will have only one name for 2008 and hawks made sure no one else got there.

i wasnt expecting them to gift him it, but bloody hawthorn could of at least given hi ma chance and play REAL footy and dont drop 5 guys back to make it virtually impossible. did we flood back in front of buddy? no
everyone would of been happy if fev got the tone. hawks were smashing us and they couldnt give fev a little chance of getting it

Coz its a bloody game and not a feel-good movie where everyone comes out with a happy face. Now the 100 goal milestone will have only one name for 2008 and hawks made sure no one else got there.
"We only want Buddy to kick 100"

You don't think that's a bit childish and petty? He still wins the Coleman right?

If Fev was on 50 goals I doubt Carlton would have gone to Fev 4.5 times out of 5.

Carlton probably did Fevola a disservice by going to Fevola too much?

Question is, if Carlton was in our shoes, would you support Carlton gifting Hawthorn a 100 goal a year goalkicker, that's not the Carlton way of the 1990's I remember.

What the hell are you talking about? I don't support "gifting" anybody a milestone. That's not the problem. The problem is, is that Hawthorn seemed to go out of their way to prevent a milestone. Letting him have the 100 would have been equally ordinary. They should have just played the game as they normally would.

The question really is, what would you be saying right now if Carlton had had the game sealed up and then went out of their way to prevent Lance kicking his 100? You'd be singing a much different tune.

I think there is a good chance Hawthorn will regret this decision sometime in the coming 3 seasons.

I certainly will be hoping Hawthorn get smashed by 100 points by Geelong in the finals.

Go Cats!

Carlton showed a lack of respect to their own players and the TEAM GAME of Footy by only kicking it to Fev.

Why did Carlton think it was more important that Fev kicked a goal than any one else?. That is the debate here. Last week I watched Buddy hand ball the ball of twice, once in the goal square to a player in a better position (Williams).

Carlton lack of respect to TEAM game that football is by trying only to gain an INDIVIDUAL goal for a player rather than the team kicking a goal is the saddest this about last night. As someone who does a bit of Coaching in Amateurs I would be mighty pissed off if my team did that.
If Fev kicks the goal or first gamer Jimmy No Name kicks the goal makes no difference.

So If Carlton had any idea the instructions would have been "Hawthorn think we will only go to Fev so we should only go to another forward, Fev we need you to sacrifice your game for the team and try and take the 3 players on you away from the play and leave it open for others so the TEAM can score.

Carlton was a disgrace last night. If the only thing you play for (like you did in the last qtr last night) is an Individual award then your team is going nowhere.

PS and while Hawthorn were "Triple teaming" Fev we kicked 8 TEAM goals in the last quarter and guess what Roughhead kicked more goals than Fev in the last because Hawthorn were playing TEAM football.

i wasnt expecting them to gift him it, but bloody hawthorn could of at least given hi ma chance and play REAL footy and dont drop 5 guys back to make it virtually impossible. did we flood back in front of buddy? no
everyone would of been happy if fev got the tone. hawks were smashing us and they couldnt give fev a little chance of getting it

Its not charity. get over it.
Why would hawks want to help fevola to get to 100 while preventing him means individual glory for buddy.

Its not charity. get over it.
Why would hawks want to help fevola to get to 100 while preventing him means individual glory for buddy.
Pretty sure if Fev kicked 100, Buddy would still win the Coleman and retain his individual glory. So wtf are you on about?

Oh! I see, so buddy can be the ONLY one to kick 100. That's nothing but petty and childish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola 99 Merged Threads - The whinges, the hate, the commiserations and congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back