Fevola a Lion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am pretty confused by the potential Fev trade - actually surprised is a more accurate description.

Fev is champion footballer and would definatley make us a better team.

Sad to see Bradshaw go and as time goes on I become more ho-hum of Riska, just re-inforces how cut throat this game is.

Fev kicks his first bag of 5 and he will be tentaively accepted by the supporters, by round 10 many supporters will be in love with him!

I dont know how to feel about this trade, whilst Fev in is def a football improvement, I dont feel like will ever be able to cheer for the guy.

If the trade does happen, I wonder what we would be able to trade him for to the Gold Coast for next year :p

What does this mean for Hendo, pretty much slams the door shut in the short term as a forward

Fev a lion sounds good.
Hate to loose Bradshaw or riska though. but fev would be easily kicking 30 more goals a year than what braddles would be so if we want to win more games and become top 4 side, he is the way to go. Don't know if he wants to be outter state....

They have said he has already agreed to move up here, it is now up to us convincing Bradshaw and Riska to move south, but you would think that wouldn't be as hard as what it was to get Fev north in the first place?

If this deal goes through we are BIG winners on field. As good as Bradshaw is on field, Fevola is better.

From a personal point of view I don't like the idea of Fevola being a Lion and Bradshaw leaving the club. I probably wouldn't make the decision to do the trade if I was coach but will live as happy if it does go through.

I can't understand where all the Rischa love is coming from really though. As much as I have nothing against him as a bloke. As a player he is expendable.

As long as Bradshaw is happy to go (I would be even happier if he instigated the deal or retires during the preseason haha) and Fev's only on $500k max from us I would probably even be happy.

You ****ing little beauty if true. :)

Could not understand those against getting Fev when I saw some of the other names being bandied about (unfortunately we have picked most of them up).

Fev makes us an instant 3-4 goal better side.

Amazing trade if true. And to only lose Bradshaw (sad to see him go but his time is ticking) and Rischitelli (who has never stepped up from a solid C+/B grade player).

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Bring it on!!

Couldnt agree more Warwick.
Whilst theres room for sentiment and we follow a highly emotional game, I think theres been a disappointingly selfish reaction by many to news of this trade.
We are followers of the Brisbane Lions Football Club aren't we? Why then are we getting up in arms about individuals when the option to improve our clubs success is staring us right in the face?

To me this trade is a no brainer. Bradshaw whilst yes, has been a wonderful servant to our club and shown the club loyalty is about a season from being cooked. Riska as Warwick mentioned, has not improved (gone backwards in fact) from 3 seasons ago at all.

I want my club to be successful, not to be sentimental.

Bring Fev on!

Im not too sure about this one. Ideally i would have thought that bradshaw would retire at the end of 2010 to let Brown play full forward then have either Mitch Clark or Hendo playing as the other tall.

Clearly Vossy is attepting to have a crack at the flag within the next 2-3 years with the likes of Brown, Black, Power, and maybe Fev in the team....the recruiting of Staker and Buchanen also support the fact that he thinks the flag is attainable in the next few years.

If not, we should have went the other way, let Bradshaw retire, and focus on developing a team to peak in 4-5 years time......

Im not sure which way is the right way.

I dont know how to feel about this trade, whilst Fev in is def a football improvement, I dont feel like will ever be able to cheer for the guy.

If the trade does happen, I wonder what we would be able to trade him for to the Gold Coast for next year :p

What does this mean for Hendo, pretty much slams the door shut in the short term as a forward

If he's kicking goals for us, trust me, you'll cheer.

Hendo is an interesting one. I'm going to put it out there now that next year is the year that Hendo stakes a legitimate claim for the CHB spot.

Shocking trade on our behalf, I was bewildered with pick 28 for Amon, now we give up Riska!! Horrible horrible horrible

If this deal goes through we are BIG winners on field. As good as Bradshaw is on field, Fevola is better.

I can't understand where all the Rischa love is coming from really though. As much as I have nothing against him as a bloke. As a player he is expendable.

As long as Bradshaw is happy to go (I would be even happier if he instigated the deal or retires during the preseason haha) and Fev's only on $500k max from us I would probably even be happy.

Isnt Carlton going to be paying a signficant percentage of Fevs contract?

Overall I am RAPT if Fev comes to Brisbane. While I would be disappointed to see Bradshaw leave in reality he has 2 years left - we dont know the entire story, what and where he sees his future - it may be that he wants to come live in Melbourne after he retires and if the opportunity beckoned, such as this, I'd do the same.

Extremely smart move by the club with the GC coming on (I recall this was the exact same discusson when Cousins was available - but I think Fevola holds more aces).

And I agree about Rischa - he's a good player but I think we've seen what we expected to see.

This could end up genius when you chuck in buchanan who incidentally, as someone said, replaces NOBODY.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Judd is going to miss 3 weeks for eye gouging a team mate?
Why not? O'hAilpin missed 3 weeks for kicking one in the nuts.

I think the measure of this trade is how many people are upset about it. I'd say it is fairly even from Lions fans from what I have seen and most of the angst is from losing a loved loyal servant. I'd say about 75% of Carlton fans are going ballistic because they still think Fev is an option to stay and work in with his teammates and because Fev offers so much more onfield.

This means it is probably in favour of the Lions a fair bit but we were always going to accept under the odds. Would probably like another sweetener but there isn't much to give.

While I think Fev is a tosser onfield, this would make for one hell of an entertaining forward line.
Basically all the midfielders would have to do is get the ball and kick it forward.

While I think Fev is a tosser onfield, this would make for one hell of an entertaining forward line.
Basically all the midfielders would have to do is get the ball and kick it forward.

Rischa's value would increase immeasurably...

Oh well this makes up for the Mark Murphy. HAHA, I'm still not over it. I think we are getting a fantastic deal, Rista is a good player, but 1 we can afford to loose.
A fairer deal would have been Sheldon, who we stole out of their grasp's. Not that I would have been happy with that.

Looks like Vossy realises that it's better to be the giver than the receiver. Maybe he can lend some of the lube he was using earlier on this week to the Blues:)

So you have arguably the best CHF in the league in Brown (very close between him and Reiwoldt).

Now some supporters are unhappy that you could also gain the best FF in the competition?

99 goals in 08, Coleman in 09. Are people crazy. Yes there is room for sentiment, yes there are concerns about Fev's offield antics but come on.

No doubt Voss and Brown will be able to straighten him out and you would think he would do his utmost to play and behave well this season.

The idea of Fev and Brown in the same forward line is ridiculous. Both players often get double or triple teamed, can you imagine how damaging one will be with that amount of attention taken off him or how well they will compliment each other.

Craziness.

I can't believe some of you guys are against this trade. Brisbane now have potentially 180 goals in their Key Forward positions!!! If you can grind another fine season out of Black,Power and Rich steps up another level, Merret and Roe/Clark play well at Fb/CHB. And Leuey and Charman stay injury free. Top 4 contenders for sure. Face it guys Bradshaw is a brisbane champion sure but Fevola won a Coleman playing for a wooden spoon team! It's not like the blokes a murderer either he's just an idiot when he gets on the grog, I personally don't think we were harsh enough on him in trying to control him. (prior the the trade) Anyway take care of our Fev because deep down all Blues fans will always love him, and I will watch every brisbane game next year sub-conciously hoping Fev plays a blinder.

Rischitelli is a decent player, but I think even the most one-eyed Lions fan would have to admit that he is tradeable when you are talking about a 99:p goalkicker

So you have arguably the best CHF in the league in Brown (very close between him and Reiwoldt).

Now some supporters are unhappy that you could also gain the best FF in the competition?

99 goals in 08, Coleman in 09. Are people crazy. Yes there is room for sentiment, yes there are concerns about Fev's offield antics but come on.

No doubt Voss and Brown will be able to straighten him out and you would think he would do his utmost to play and behave well this season.

The idea of Fev and Brown in the same forward line is ridiculous. Both players often get double or triple teamed, can you imagine how damaging one will be with that amount of attention taken off him or how well they will compliment each other.

Craziness.
:thumbsu: You read my mind!

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola a Lion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back