Fevola a Lion

Remove this Banner Ad

This should not, must not and will not happen......offering up loyal players is disrespectful and breeds discontent among players...next year, Hendo and Acorn will be goooone because this would be a show of 'no confidence'. Hurley will progress heaps compared to these two....

Now I've heard it all!!! This is from a respected Carlton Mod, has the world gone completely crazy????
I'm not sure I see a problem. I buy my Carlton membership every year. I contribute to the Kreuzer sponsorship. My daughter loves Fev. She is only 13, I would hardly be letting her go to the Gabba alone. Many interstate supporters who just want to see a bit more football go to other games. Maybe a membership would be more cost effective, although capacity is a concern.

What an odd reaction. :confused:

The way i see it atm is that realistically Geelong, Hawks, Saints are the major contenders for the premiership next year. Bringing in Fevola would instantly make Lions a premiership threat and its best to do it while Black and Power can still contribute a lot. Sherman had a real breakout year/lived up to the hype of his first season too for the X-factor every side needs and assuming Rich comes along even more next year thats a solid midfield with a superstar forward line. Voss traded in Staker and Buchanan for their "finals experience". Therefore Voss believes that they could really contend for the premiership.

I like the way Voss goes about his business, even if it is a mad scientiest kind of way, for once trade week is interesting :D

While this is hard to say, I know Fev did some bad bad things and had to go, but he's a superstar on the field and hope he performs well for you guys

There is an up-side to this trade. Image at next year Brownlow Medal count, Fev gets drunk again and trys to send up his new captain. Browny's reaction will be fantastic to watch and will probably cure Fev of his drinking problem forever.

Seriously I just dont know what to think about this deal. It makes us a stronger side but a weaker club. While Bradshaw and Riska aint saints, remember Bradshaw bargained very hard at his last contract negotiations, they are very solid citizens. I am sorry to see them go and I really feel for Cozie.

It really does make you ponder why clubs with a strong united culture are successful and why clubs that a factionalised, lack strong values and allow players to get away with unacceptable off-field behaviour are unsuccesful. It is more than the talent of the 22 they put on the field every week. (Again not saying the LIons are perfect). But on the evidence of success over the last ten years building and maintaining a strong culture appears to be at least as important as building a strong team.

I wonder about Fev. My guess is that he has an illness that relates to his inability to deal with fame and alcohol. Maybe coming to Brisbane will help him. For his sake and the clubs I hope so.

I also wonder about myself. I dread the thought of seeing Fev in the club jumper. But how will I feel if he kicks 50 goals in the first eleven games and we turn at eight/three.

In Voss we trust.

This is great. Fev's a good bloke (haha) and a great full forward. We are really going to cause some hurt next year. Bring it on I say. (FWIW Braddy and Voss go back a long way, so I'm guessing there will be no hostility from Bradshaw over this.)

I'm not happy Sorry I like Bradshaw, He is one of my favs at the Lions and for him to be traded for an idiot (Fevola) this is bullshit sure Bradshaw Probably has 1 to 2 years left in him BUT this sucks it really sucks.

If anyone here is going to tear up their membership next year go ahead..

I believe this will only benefit in the members stake for the potential few thousand we may lose, we will probably gain twice that as new members (think of the Cousins/Richmond affair last year)..

Who in their right mind would turn down an opportunity to watch two of the best forwards in modern era play in front of us every second week?? If you wanna miss out on that, then it's your loss :)

I just hope this gets finalised tomorrow, so we can end all the speculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can assure you that this is not the whole story ..... pick 12 will be chucked in cos Voss has been very generous during the trade period....lets pick up the story tommorrow.

So does this mean Brownshaw's out and Frown is in...?
:D

Lmao...Frown

In terms of emotions and all that, terrible for us, Bradshaw has been with us for all his career, it will be sad to see him go. Riska to, he was a solid contributor for us, I enjoyed watching him play. However in terms of our future, it is fantastic. Brown and Fevola together will be epic, with Clark and Black in the midfield and Patfull and Merret down back. We should make the finals without a doubt.

I can assure you that this is not the whole story ..... pick 12 will be chucked in cos Voss has been very generous during the trade period....lets pick up the story tommorrow.
Is that just your opinion, or is it your mate who sells Four'N'Twenty pies at the footy inside scoop?

What if Bradshaw really wants to go back to Melbourne? Everything in life is not so black and white...

Exactly. As sad as it would be to see the end of Bradshaw's days as a Lion he may want to leave and in respect to him I would be glad if he was honest with the club about his intentions (oh how many of our great players should've done that) and we helped him to get there. It may also be in a middle ground area where Bradshaw is "happy either way" and as he sees the benefit for us is prepared to go.

Anyone who looks at this suggestion as the club casting away Bradshaw as the only possibility is narrow minded. That said though I would be quite disappointed if Bradshaw was dead set against moving and we forced him out but I really do doubt that is the case.

very negative shaka have some faith brother everything will be all right in voss we must trust:)

This is a little mindboggling - I can only equate it to the arrival of Bernie Q .. we could not believe our eyes !!

All I can think is that Judd must really hate Fevola - it's a him or me situation. And I can't see the Blues in any way dudding Judd.

And doesn't Voss love all this high wire stuff !!!

[/quote]That said though I would be quite disappointed if Bradshaw was dead set against moving and we forced him out but I really do doubt that is the case.[/quote]
the deal will only go through if brady and risha agree if not no deal

Exactly. As sad as it would be to see the end of Bradshaw's days as a Lion he may want to leave and in respect to him I would be glad if he was honest with the club about his intentions (oh how many of our great players should've done that) and we helped him to get there. It may also be in a middle ground area where Bradshaw is "happy either way" and as he sees the benefit for us is prepared to go.

Anyone who looks at this suggestion as the club casting away Bradshaw as the only possibility is narrow minded. That said though I would be quite disappointed if Bradshaw was dead set against moving and we forced him out but I really do doubt that is the case.

IF, and that's a big IF, Bradshaw was the one that wanted to leave, I would be equally as disappointed with that as the Lions pushing Bradshaw into Melbourne. We're potentially on the way up after spending time in the abyss and now he decides to go? I find the timing a little strange (if that were the case).

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola a Lion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back