Fevola is there any chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Was being sarcastic, don't know what trolling is. But no personal attacks on anyone mate. Relax. I still Stand by my source 100%. But for the sake of reason let's call it unsubstantiated

Awww, come on .. let the simpletons who want Fevola have their fun until the draft :D

Oy! I resemble that.

Was being sarcastic, don't know what trolling is. But no personal attacks on anyone mate. Relax. I still Stand by my source 100%. But for the sake of reason let's call it unsubstantiated

It's over. Go away.

If I said Clarkson was my best friend would that convince you that you're talking utter drivel? Or that I regularly go for coffee with Sam Mitchell? Or Mark Evans is my brother?

Gee Grizz, I knew you were connected but was amazed to see how well connected;)

Word is coming out of Hawthorn from a reputable non media source that hawthorn is the club chasing fev. Word is the of is 210,000 with performance based incentives. 12 months throw away contract. The question is, is it true and if so is there another club

Why would we pay him 210,000 when he has offered to play for league minimum?

I tried to tell 'em, TM. I tried.

It seems that there is a stupid Chinese Whisper style rumour doing the rounds, much like the Sammy Mitchell is going to GWS, that people want to believe. This particular one connects Roughhead and Fev.

I just gave up. I know that Roughy is fine. And Fev won't be coming to Hawthorn. I know my sources are impeccable and 'not some bloke at the club' or 'some guy on SEN', so it's really just wait until the tide comes in. People will believe what they want to believe, so can't convince everyone, suffice to say that posters who know our reputations re info, will know what the truth is here.

Yeah but who knows, stranger things have happened in football (ricky nixon :rolleyes:), its also great for conspiracy theorists who can tie a couple of rumours together and it is the off-season with nothing much to talk about anyway.

But most importantly it gives us all a chance to laugh at the more sanctimonious posters amongst us who simply take these things far too seriously :D

Like does it really matter anyway - time will soon tell if any of this has legs!

OK, so let's assume that winning a premiership is the only agenda we have.

Even on this premise, I still think the likelihood of HFC or any other club drafting Fev is slim because:

1. He's been out of AFL for a while now and at his age may not reach anywhere near the standard he last displayed at the top level.
2. His past behaviour and record means that he comes loaded with dynamite. With Fev the rule is now zero tolerance. Any negative affair he is remotely affiliated with will be blown out of all proportion and the collateral damage to the club could be extremely damaging. Even if he has noble intentions of walking a straight path. He is simply one of those personalities that attracts trouble.
3. Hiring Fev could be seen as politically incorrect so any club that takes this course has to overcome a period of resistance from within to even get this idea accepted to start with.

And here's another. We already have a list without Fev that will contend for highest honours next season.

Let's look beyond the short term and give a youngster a go.

Don't want him, don't see why we need him and don't understand if we were to pick him up why we'd choose him over a young player who could be a big part of our future.

Also, didn't Shhhh kill this rumour?

They sure did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They? Is Shhhh more than one?
From the original Shhhhh thread OP:

Clarification re Shhhhh.

No doubt you've all noticed Shhhhh's presence (you are reading this thread after all), and some obvious questions are cropping up.

Shhhhh is a mod initiative, which we've been fine-tuning and gauging the results. So, it's time to tell you exactly what's going on.

1. Shhhhhh is not an alias for a poster or multiple posters on Big Footy.

2. Shhhhh's information is from a number of trusted and reliable sources. (But in saying that, while we endeavour to ensure the information is correct sometimes it may not come to bear.)

3. Shhhhh is intended to protect the anonymity of the source(s).

4 The mods all have access to the Shhhhh account and post the information. We are not the source of the information.

5. Obviously, it is pointless to ask Shhhhh questions because we don't have any answers. Therefore Shhhhh, is more of announcement thread. Hence the constant gardening that goes on in here. Feel free to discuss the information in this thread but we will clean it up at some point.

6. We do a make a judgment call over exactly what is posted - there has been some information that we held back because we believed it wasn't in the best interests to publish.

We hope that explains what Shhhhh is and how it works.

Any other questions, PM me or any of the other mods.

There is only one question that needs to be asked in regards to Fevola:
Is he prepared to give up alcohol entirely?

If he won't abstain, we forget him.

If he says yes, then he is worth a rookie contract. Of course you would include a clause saying if he touches alcohol or does anything stupid he will be sacked immediately.

Fevola without alcohol would provide more value than whoever else may be available by our last rookie pick.

So I hope the club at least asks the question.

There is only one question that needs to be asked in regards to Fevola:
Is he prepared to give up alcohol entirely?

I don't really care about that because we know the answer is "".

My questions about Fevola are:
Would he be prepared to play a supporting role that benefits the team, not himself? Would he be prepared to work hard when the opposition has the ball? And on those days when he's not getting much of the ball, is he preprared to not sook, keep his head up and keep working hard for the team?

Unfortunately, we all know the answers to those questions are also "no". We don't need people like that at Hawthorn.

Would be thinking he's coming in as a rookie if anything.
If we give him a little bit of "come train with us over the summer - if you have a good attitude, do all is asked, work hard and keep yourself out of trouble we will leave a spot on the rookie list like we did for PJ last summer."
If we do that and he makes it through the silly season would be happy to have him earn his spot and terrorise opposition backlines for the next 2-3 years. I'll back our leadership group to keep him in line.

Would be thinking he's coming in as a rookie if anything.
If we give him a little bit of "come train with us over the summer - if you have a good attitude, do all is asked, work hard and keep yourself out of trouble we will leave a spot on the rookie list like we did for PJ last summer."
If we do that and he makes it through the silly season would be happy to have him earn his spot and terrorise opposition backlines for the next 2-3 years. I'll back our leadership group to keep him in line.

The Carlton and Brisbane leadership group didn't do too well!

I must say I am quite shocked that 106 people in here actually voted yes.. I believe the only reason Fev is bahaving is because he is not playing and is trying to get back on top. I believe that the moment he is redrafted and has the slightest bit of success he will start playing up again.. the ego kicks and he will be unable to control himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola is there any chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back