Fevola is there any chance

Remove this Banner Ad

He would be a walk up start. In the right environment, people with such problems like the ones Fev has can be controlled.

I vote yes purely on the basis that I have faith in my club drawing up the appropriate contract and would make sure Fev would stick to it 24/7.

Hawthorn + Fevola = 2012 premiership cup.

Agree with this 110%!!! Would be a great pick-up if he can be controlled..

Re: "Hawks need Fev to win flag" - David King

We need to start playing someone out of the goal square, a lead up forward, don't care who.

Just to reduce the amount of time that our forward line get dragged up the ground, so much so that when we come out of defence, we have no-one forward of the centre circle let alone someone in our forward 50.

Wasn't that the reason Cyril was caught holding the ball in the Prelim - new senarino - he looks up and sights Fev - we are in with a chance:thumbsu:

Fev has no option but to accept a water tight no nonsence contract as detailed above.

Yep - I would pick him up on that basis.

everyone is assuming/counting on Roughie being 100% fit.

Achillies injuries are notorious for being complicated & sometimes players never fully recover.
Most would agree, Hawks flag hopes are largely increaed with a fit Roughie at FF.

People are forgetting that this is a FOOTBALL CLUB.
We're not discussing whether Fev should be an ambassador for the Royal Womens Hospital. Or CEO of the Salvation Army.
A club with 50k plus members has an obligation to put the best football team possible on the park.

Rookie list one of the best full forwards in the comp in case Rough doesnt recover. & the team has a shot at the flag.
Fev out the goal sq doesnt throw the structure into chaos either. (better than Hale at that role). if rough comes back in round 10or12 & the forward line is firing, Rough could even be a pretty handy CHB & pinch hit ruck.

Worst case scenario, he plays box hill. whoopdi do...

if Fev stuffs up, it wont reflect badly on hawks. quite the opposite for giving the guy a chance to focus on what he does best..
If he stuffs up, hawks sack him and come out squeeky clean.

This man is complete and utter POISON!!! Not wanted at Hawthorn!!!

But wait, with him we win the 2012 flag, even back to back in 2013, and who knows what comes after that.

Based on this, I'm selling my soul. I can't believe I'm choosing 'yes'. WTF?

A flag or two now would set us up perfectly for a potential dynasty this decade and if there's one club that can do this it's Hawthorn.

I say let's use and abuse him.

P.S. Do we have anybody else (a dark horse) other than Rough and Hale on our list who can possibly play full forward?

Imo there is more positive upside to recruiting him as opposed to negative downside, if it works out and he can contribute to the side in the way of 3 or 4 goals a game in a forward line that already contains Buddy, Roughy, Cyril, Gunston, Breust etc. We will play in a Grand Final next year, and possibly win the thing, obviously the negative would be if he drops his bundle again and if that is the case the club will move him on without a second thought,
Fev knows that if he gets this chance he is only getting this ONE chance, he understands that and the fact that he has hit rock bottom he has then been able to (so far) to pull himself together, get his life back on track, get fit again and start to play good footy at VFL level,
I have never been a real big fan of Fev over the years but if he can do a job for us and potentially help us toward another flag then it has to be a good thing and I would back the move 110%

Wasn't that the reason Cyril was caught holding the ball in the Prelim - new senarino - he looks up and sights Fev - we are in with a chance:thumbsu:

Fev has no option but to accept a water tight no nonsence contract as detailed above.

Yep - I would pick him up on that basis.

New scenario. Cyril looks up and spots Roughead.

Seriosly if the Hawks wanted cancer at the club they would issue cigarettes, and no sun screen to all the players.

Fev was traded to them after Carlton considered his antics at the Brownlow as the last straw. The only thing he really lost was respect and living in Victoria, he was still playing AFL level and still getting paid his million or so a year.

After he stuffed up at Brisbane he lost it all. He now should have a great appreciation for what his AFL career is worth and the fact he is willing to join a list on rookie conditions just so he can end on good terms is evidence of that.

For anyone to suggest that Fevola could come in and corrupt the youth of our team more so than the likes of Hodge, Mitchell, etc, etc, etc can positively influence them is an insult to them and the strong culture they and the rest of the club have forged.

If we got him, we'd hold all the cards. Our way or the highway for Fev.

Culture.

The Booze cruise episode came AFTER fev went to brisbane.
Organised by one C Judd no less

He fits the Stuey Dew weight and booming kick requirement, so never say never as there has been a precedent set for this type of player in the past by clarko haha

Fev was traded to them after Carlton considered his antics at the Brownlow as the last straw. The only thing he really lost was respect and living in Victoria, he was still playing AFL level and still getting paid his million or so a year.

After he stuffed up at Brisbane he lost it all. He now should have a great appreciation for what his AFL career is worth and the fact he is willing to join a list on rookie conditions just so he can end on good terms is evidence of that.

For anyone to suggest that Fevola could come in and corrupt the youth of our team more so than the likes of Hodge, Mitchell, etc, etc, etc can positively influence them is an insult to them and the strong culture they and the rest of the club have forged.

If we got him, we'd hold all the cards. Our way or the highway for Fev.

I tend to agree with above. Ironically my biggest concern woul be his tendency to negative body language when things are not going his way and the impact this has on his team mates. I'm split on whether we should get him, potentially great FF that he is.

One win I suppose would be denying the opposition a potential match winning FF. But then again, some here would perceive him as a 'poison chalice'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Fev would be great insurance if roughead isnt 100% after his achillies not to mention everyone goes on about how hawthorn need a big bodied defender get fev and put roughead at CHB fev at full forward buddy CHF/ coming into the midfield with the hieght of hale and gunston to help rotate everyone with the crumming ability of rioli and bruest so thats a pretty impressive forward line, also an impressive spine if you ask me boumann roughead mitchell franklin fev. Also think it would be a good idea with the loss of renouf it would be a good idea to upgrade paul johnson off the rookie list as insurance aswell :)

Word is coming out of Hawthorn from a reputable non media source that hawthorn is the club chasing fev. Word is the of is 210,000 with performance based incentives. 12 months throw away contract. The question is, is it true and if so is there another club

The same source is saying the roughead is in a lot of trouble and may struggle to return and that next year is pretty much out

The same source is saying the roughead is in a lot of trouble and may struggle to return and that next year is pretty much out

That's odd. I was talking to Roughy and members of the football department last week and they both maintain he's pushing for round one. Certainly not looking, talking or behaving like a man who's destined for a year of rehab and Playstation 3.

Our forwardline could barely assist to carry him in today's game.

I don't think he is mobile enough (2012 spec.) to chase or apply any type of (forward) defensive pressure & I don't think he can bring a high ball to ground.

I forget who said it but I remember hearing an AFL ex-Coach/commentator type saying that (in his opinion) a forward who applied no forward pressure had to kick 4 goals a game to break even. I think maybe 4 shots on goal is fair, but it's close enough to the same thing for the point of this argument.

Fev doesn't link up play; bring others into the game through creativity; chase/tackle effectively; or, bring the high ball to ground for crummers.

I do think he could be a handy decoy (very costly though) & I think he would demand 2 x defenders to guard him & his lead space; but, should a defensive unit take his ball, it is out of there very quickly & not a damned thing he can do about it.

Just not worth it IMO.

* OK, logic aside, would I be secretly happy if we snared him & had him on our list?? Bloody oath I would!!;)

I'm told h has a staph infection. He won't play round 1 even best case scenario. Best case would be to ease him in round 10 next year and get him ready for finals. Time will tell, that's not from me from a corporate who sees people inside the club regularly. He's a mad hawthorn supporter too. Goes to every match and reliable he called the malthouse thing 6 monts before it happened. I hope your right. Roughy is a good bloke and a great footballer

I'm told h has a staph infection. He won't play round 1 even best case scenario. Best case would be to ease him in round 10 next year and get him ready for finals. Time will tell, that's not from me from a corporate who sees people inside the club regularly. He's a mad hawthorn supporter too. Goes to every match and reliable he called the malthouse thing 6 monts before it happened. I hope your right. Roughy is a good bloke and a great footballer

This is clearly an ignorant statement. His surgery was what? 3 months ago? Fair to say he would be well if he still had an infection at this point.

The story goes he had a post-op local infection which is a MINOR set back. Certainly nothing to worry about or affect his recovery time line in the scheme of things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola is there any chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back