Fevola Trade (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Fev to be traded - either saints of Hawks

Personally I don't think Fev going anywhere, Carlton just pretending to play hard ball.

But Sydney would seem the logical destination and this kind of trade would be fairly equitable on paper IMO.

WCE:
Lose - Seaby,Mckinley,39
Gain - Pick 27 & 22

CAR:
Lose - Fevola & 27
Gain - Pick 6 & McKinley

SYD:
Lose - Pick 6 & 22
Gain - Fevola, Seaby & 39

Problem is Sydney don't want to bottom out but they also don't want to trade away their early picks. Maybe ROK can be packaged in there somehow, but is getting on now which means his currency not as high.

Re: Carlton what will you be asking from fevolas clubs of choice either st kilda or hawthorn?

It's simple mate. Carlton get a decent deal or he stays. Clubs on the cusp of a flag would be negligent not trying their best to secure him.

I will give you another scenario if Carlton is serious about getting Fevola out of the club

1) Accept a probable first or second round draft pick

2) If one fails - Keep Fevola on your books and dont play him.

Then you have him out of your club.

Re: Carlton what will you be asking from fevolas clubs of choice either st kilda or hawthorn?

Brisbane: Bradshaw and Adcock

Well, you asked!
I'm happy with that but I don't think Fev can fit into our salary cap so brisbane will probably ask you guys to take on part of his salary.

The Age reported the Carlton's willing to contribute to Fev's salary at another club.

That doesn't sound like Carlton trying to teach Fev a lesson, it looks like Carlton trying their best to get him out of the door.

The Age reported the Carlton's willing to contribute to Fev's salary at another club.

That doesn't sound like Carlton trying to teach Fev a lesson, it looks like Carlton trying their best to get him out of the door.
Could just be adding to the bluff.

It still depends entirely on what Carlton want in return.

It's meaningless for Carlton to offer to pay some of his salary if they're demanding something they know is unrealistic.

If they'll only trade Fev for, let's say, two top 10 picks, the fact they'll pay part of his salary is immaterial. Their demands will mean no deal gets done anyway.

Id be very surprised if Carlton didnt take the best offer they get now that theyve gone this far. I seriously doubt Fev will be at Carlton next year - even if he goes for well below market value.

Who cares who his 'clubs of choice' are, I can really only see Collingwood and Sydney seriously interested.

Not sure who Collingwood would give up but Ryan O'Keefe from Sydney makes some sense as he wants out and Carlton tried hard for him last year.

^^

ur dreaming mate

YOU WANT TO GET RID OF HIM!!! why should sydney get rid of their budding stars??? hahahahaha don't think u get how this works.

Because u want to get rid of him... u will get less then market value.

yes his a star... but his also 29... u can't expect judd like deal... no way

Carlton can't expect adequate compensation to a player they want to throw away. first rounder... any of them... should be enuf

Do you realise that Fevola is contracted to Carlton for the next two years?

Do you know what market value is? If not let me simplify it for you: It is the best price that another club is prepared to pay for him.

Carlton cannot fail to get market value for him unless they take a bid that isn't the highest offer or they decide not to trade him.

It is Carlton and Fevola's choice whether he is traded or not. They are not being squeezed like Port Adelaide, who have to trade Burgoyne or let him go to the draft for NOTHING.

I like taking potshots at the filthy, morally bankrupt scum from princes park as well, but lets not confuse ourselves to thinking that they are over a barrel in trade talks with Fev.

They will get exactly what a 29 yr old talented player with off field issues is worth, or they will keep him on his exhorbitant salry.

Re: Fev - what 700k contract?

do you really think that sydney are that stupid !!!
1. take your drunken fullfoward & pay him $750,000 without carlton paying half.

2. give up their best & fairest player that plays midfield & foward + can kick 40+ goals a year.

3. also give up 1st round pick & pick 6 which is a very early pick which could & probably would get them a gun 18 yo such as butcher,martin,panos,talia.

you have to be real dude you cant have it all & get rid of a problem.
ok no one get him he will probz just kick 9 goals against you again:D

Speaking of which, what is the chance of a Fevola-Lake swap?

Unlikely I suspect, but just theorising :confused:
Zero - Lake wont be traded; if he doesn't sign, he'll go into the PSD.

Melbourne can pay him what he wants & it would solve their salary cap issues (needing to meet the 92.5% minimum). If the Demons don't take him, Freo will. Pav, McPharlin, Tarrant & Lake is a very good spine.

I think Fev will stay a Blue. Just can't see him going anywhere for the price Carlton are after.

If Carlton are dead-set 100% serious about getting rid of him, then they'd have to accept a deal under the market value for him. But, I think if no deal is done, then Fev will stay a Blue...meaning he has not been 'sacked'...he is merely been floated to see what price they can get.

I'm sure Carlton are fed up with Fev and want him gone. But I don't think they are so fed up they'd sack him and let him go into the PSD if no trade was found. If they are this serious, then they'd have to accept the best offer which might not be as juicy as they expect.

Still cannot get over the terms of his contract.

Blues really dug their own grave, here....

I'd reckon he'll go to Collingwood. Imagine him kicking a bag against Carlton next year - that'd be pretty funny

I still don't reckon he's going anywhere.

Carlton wanted to act tough and send a message with their stance but which gave them a massive get-out by simply not reasonable re trades meaning Fev comes back to them.

Fev and his management have now countered with a "yep I've been an idiot but I'm prepared to play elsewhere if need be".

None of this IMHO means that Fev is likely to be playing in anything other than navy blue next year...I reckon chances of a move are 1 in 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola looks likely to join the Pies in 2010, because they have a forward line that wasn't up to finals pressure. Eddie McGuire indicated that the Pies would be interested, and that Fev is exactly what they need. He is also apparently a friend of Eddies.

Saints have Reiwoldt and Koshi, so he won't be going there.
Hawks are quiet happy with Buddy and Roughy, so they too will not be looking at Fev.

Had it not been under these circumstances, maybe, but with the age and behaviour problems, when both sides have been to Grand Finals in the past two seasons, not exactly an ingredient you'd be throwing in there.

One thing is for sure though, Fev will not be at the Blues next year. Too much has been said that would contradict a reunion now.

Pick 14 and Travis Cloke to join Cameron.

Made me laugh... :D

Even Riewoldt is spelt wrong.

Post after post of BS here.

Doesn't sound desperate to get rid of him. Read - shopping him around.

If?
Gee......and people are trying to convince me that the bridges are burnt......maybe someone should tell Fev he is definately gone. :rolleyes:

This is win-win for the Blues.

Choice A:
We trade Fevola for two first round picks, or a first round pick and a good middle age or under player.
Pros
- frees up a lot of salary cap, we can go hunting in trade week.
- we can draft some young KP forwards that will fit our "window" which was never going to open for another 3-4 years (when the bulk of our talent is 24-28).
- Forward line becomes less predicatble with Waite, Kreuzer, Fisher, Cloke, Setanta all being decent options with Betts, Yarran and Garlett at the feet.
- Sends a very strong message to the playing group to shape up or ship out.

Cons
- lose a gun forward (not as bad as it sounds......remember plugger?)
- a second rate team like the Pies might finally have a decent player and do a "Hawks" and against all logic win a flag...........any bites?

Choice B:
No trade is reached. Fev stays a blue.

Pros - retain our best forward and maybe WE defy logic in the next 3-4 years and pull a "Hawks".

Cons - Fev no knows that the trade thing is a bluff, and unless the club wants to delist him he can't really be touched for the duration of his contract. He may well sook (we've all seen it before on field) and we see a shadow of the former Fev onfield.

My bet. Choice B.
The only club I could see having the cash and the picks/players is the Swans, and why would they want him. Doesn't fit their "window" or their "no ********s" policy.
If Freo think they are a chance before their time then maybe they could do it..........none of the Hawks, Saints, Dogs or Pies could do it for the reasons covered - suitable deal or cap issues.

.......and no........the Blues won't be paying half his salary just to get him out the door. :cool:

At least someone gets it BB, I think it's quite obvious. But don't let an interesting story get in the way of facts. :rolleyes:

Left field trade idea.

Why not do a deal with Gold Coast 1 year ahead of time. If we trade him he has to sit out a year which means we dont have to play against him. GC get a high profile player suited to the GC lol.

From 2011 they will get big big burly forward for 3 years to help nurture their smaller younger bodies through their inaugural 3 years.

In return, GC part with a spread of 2-3 first round picks (e.g. 6/12/20) in the 2010 daft. It means we dont get anything for him right now but provides a strategic masterstroke by giving us 2-3 first round picks in 2010 when our flag competitors have nothing!

I know a long shot but worth looking at given we might not get much for him.

Anyone know if the above is possible?

Pies in the Mix

No doubt the pies will be in the mix for Fevola, heard they are willing to part with the the 1st round pick + a young player (N Brown perhaps)

It really does strike me as a bluff from the club. But a bluff that they are willing to maintain until the river card...

I suspect that Carlton will fold at the last minute and give Fev yet another chance, with the excuse that we weren't offered sufficient compensation from other clubs.

I will be very surprised if we end up trading him.

WCE:
Lose - Seaby,Mckinley,39
Gain - Pick 27 & 22

CAR:
Lose - Fevola & 27
Gain - Pick 6 & McKinley

SYD:
Lose - Pick 6 & 22
Gain - Fevola, Seaby & 39

Problem is Sydney don't want to bottom out but they also don't want to trade away their early picks. Maybe ROK can be packaged in there somehow, but is getting on now which means his currency not as high.

I wouldn't mind that trade if it was to occur, but the problem their is that Sydney don't want to trade picks even if it means bottoming out.

Could just be adding to the bluff.

It still depends entirely on what Carlton want in return.

It's meaningless for Carlton to offer to pay some of his salary if they're demanding something they know is unrealistic.

If they'll only trade Fev for, let's say, two top 10 picks, the fact they'll pay part of his salary is immaterial. Their demands will mean no deal gets done anyway.

Just heard Paul Connor on SEN say that if Fev and the new club come to an agreement on say $450,000 per year then the current contract gets torn up....therefore Carlton wouldn't have to contribute anything.

The most hilarious thing about Fevola going to Hawthorn is which one of Buddy or Fevola is going to spend the most time looking up at the scoreboard looking at themselves. These 2 players are numbers 1 & 2 in the AFL competition at doing this. These 2 spend more time watching themselves on the scoreboard than watching the general play. There is no way the Hawthorn football club can fit these 2 egos into the 1 team.

It really does strike me as a bluff from the club. But a bluff that they are willing to maintain until the river card...

I suspect that Carlton will fold at the last minute and give Fev yet another chance, with the excuse that we weren't offered sufficient compensation from other clubs.

I will be very surprised if we end up trading him.

+1 :thumbsu:

Just heard Paul Connor on SEN say that if Fev and the new club come to an agreement on say $450,000 per year then the current contract gets torn up....therefore Carlton wouldn't have to contribute anything.

Does that then open the door for other clubs?

Wow, that would work out as one expensive night out. Forget the $500 tip. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back