Fevola Trade (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 way fev deal

As much as I hate the tought of fev in the black and white Ive been thinking that it could make alot of sense. Cloke struggle'd this year but has played great footy in the past with rocca next to him. A Cloke Fev forward line with the likes of Anthony, medhurst, Dick and Rusling(if fit) in the mix would be very dangerous. So how could we facilitate a deal like this. Heres my go-

Pies get- Fev

Pies lose- pick 14, Dawes and Wellingham
pick up a gun power forward who brings plenty of baggage and at best probably 80 games at worst 20-30 games. Risk but you need to take risks to win flags
Lose first pick in the draft, the midfielder who I thought was just about our most improved player this year and will player atleast 100 more games imo baring injury and a young key forward who could be a 150 plus game player or a 50 plus game player

Blues get- Andreas Everitt, Chris Dawes, Chris Tarrant and pick 31
Blues lose Fev
They get 2 players they are chasing including 1 with loads of upside and 3 years worth of development. Also tarrant a badly needed defender(assuming thats how they choose to play him) with 2 maybe 3 years in him. Also a handy draft pick. Depending on how well they draft there is potentially about 600 games of footy in return for 60 odd. If the blues expect to get a young player who is just as good as fev they are dreaming even if there fans think thats what he is worth.

Dogs get- pick 14
Dogs lose- Everitt and pick 31

Fairly straight forward and about what spiders little brother is worth I reckon

Dockers get- Wellingham
Dockers lose -Tarrant

Dockers get a tall midfielder who would easily be in there best 22 who has heaps of upside but will never be a champ. He is gets to play at home which may help even more.
Lost the player who was there best defender this year but only has a couple of years left and wants to come home to melbourne. They wont play finals why he is at the club so why not get something for him now.

Re: So who wants Fev?

All the recent articles suggest that Sydney are the only real destination. Dogs are out (they have a agreement with Hall) and the Magpies have not got room for the 700k salary.

I keep wondering how Carlton have room for this alleged $700K/year salary for the next two years.

Maybe this incident is a handy way to shed some $$$.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Sydney would be interested in Brendan Fevola. They are nowhere near it at the moment and he is 29 years old.

They are in no position to give away prospects or draft picks so what would they hand over?

Re: Fevola to become a Swan - ROK and Everitt to become Blues!

Still don't really feel it's worth it. Throw in white and then maybe.

So you want ROK, Sydney's 22nd round pick and Jesse White for the drunken disgrace that is Fev?

Have you been out drinking with him?

ROK for Fev, straight swap. At 28 with disciplinary issues - that is all he is worth.

Not happy with that - keep him and the Carlton honcos remain the laughing stock of the afl.
His last chance.., his last chance..., he's on his last chance.

If you actually look at the stats Carlton play better when Fev doesnt kick bags of goals.

Kicked 8 against the bombers - we lost
kicked 8 against the Hawks - we lost

I think you will find it will actually benifit Carlton WHEN he goes.
It will create more uncertainty for opposition sides when Carlton enter the forward 50 and not so one dimentional as they are at the moment.

ROK offers a major benifit, Waite would come back and play CHF with either Cloke or Irish playing FF. Add Betts, Garlett and Yarran as crumbers and you will find that the Blues have a very potent forward line next year with a large amount of goals also coming out of their midfield.
If cloke or irish were your FF's, that would mean carltons weekyl opponent could effectively playe with 17 and give theit FB a weeks rest. as the sole FF tierh of those guys would struggle to kick 20 goals in season

If they bulldogs are willing to get Hall, then I am sure they'd have no problem getting Fev, unless of course they couldn't afford him.

If Fev gets sacked, I doubt Hall will find a new home.

Fev for Lake?

Frees up Waite to become a permanent fixture up forward and makes the loss of Fev a whole lot more bareable

carlton will not make the top 8 without fev... they have no other good forwards..
betts needs fev and ROK, who is very good, cannot provide the b-lose what fev has..... good luck to carlton if they boot fev.. they will need it.

I don't agree.

A forward line of:

Betts Kruiser Yarran

ROK O'Halplin Walker

would kick a winning score IMO. Blues would certainly use their first round pick on a KP forward and they still have Warnock, Hampson and Jacobs to carry the ruck.

What are peoples thoughts on a straight swap for Lake at the Dogs. Blues may need to pay $100k of Fev salary for a year or two due to the back ended nature of his contract and the Dogs cap issues.

So you want ROK, Sydney's 22nd round pick and Jesse White for the drunken disgrace that is Fev?

Have you been out drinking with him?

ROK for Fev, straight swap. At 28 with disciplinary issues - that is all he is worth.

Not happy with that - keep him and the Carlton honcos remain the laughing stock of the afl.

You haven't been reading this correctly......

a trade would involve ROK OR White and a second round pick, maybe 3rd.
Would not be all three.

If cloke or irish were your FF's, that would mean carltons weekyl opponent could effectively playe with 17 and give theit FB a weeks rest. as the sole FF tierh of those guys would struggle to kick 20 goals in season

The whole point of having one of those boys play FF, would mean having other players shoulder the load of kicking Goals.

I in-visage a forward set up of;

O'Keefe Kruezer Waite

Betts Cloke Houlihan

with Irish, Garlett and Yarran moving through.

Having teams trying to match up on the half forward line alone creates headaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF Fev goes to Sydney Judd, Murphy, K.Simpson, ROK/J.White all have to kick 20-30 goals.

Sydney could do it because Fev would give them a chance to win enough to make the 8 and that is all that matters for Sydney, no one watches them if they can't win.

This is the most sensible post in the thread....and from a Tiger :eek:.

If ROK still wants to return to Melbourne, the Swans would be pretty scungy if they didn't look at a straight swap player for player given the Swans aren't close to a flag for at least 4 years.

Giving up draft pick? No way known they'll agree to that unless you throw in a Bentick type midfielder for a second rounder.

Sure, we won't get the 100 goal FF that everyone is after, but that won't stop us from getting top 6 next year.

Fev is not wanted in Sydney by us supporters. Fev can suck a fat one, no way do i want him anywhere near my team. I'll take Jesse, Lew Johnston and Goodesy in the forward line for next year thank you and ill take them developing over Fev who wont be around for our next flag.

Collingwood would be the logical choice for fevola.

His playing style would straighten the Pies up.

True it would be a great trade if we were just taking on Fev the footballer but Fev the person isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Everitt will cost more than pick 27 in a weak draft with 6 clubs actively chasing him.

Rrrrrrrrright, the Swans will trade for a 29 yo jackass who wont be around for our next flag and give away our B and F winner from a month ago. Of course we will....

Fev can stay in Vic, i dont care i want him nowhere near the Swans.

Re: 4 way fev deal

collingwood: fevola
carlton: everitt + tarrent
western bulldogs: pick 14 + dawes
fremantle: wellingham + stack

Brisbane- No. Why give up a good, flexible clubman in Bradshaw for a total headcase in Fevola?

West Coast- Hell no. Rebuilding plus want to keep off field culture solid.

Freo- CC and Swaby are at the Demons now, so no more stupid trades. Rebuilding.

Port- Rebuilding.

Adelaide- See Brisbane, replace Bradshaw with Tippet.

IMO its Sydney or bust.

hell no west coast - wrong side of the bad culture proof fence

sydney have a mercenary culture and may consider fev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back