Fevola Trade (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pies in the Mix

I think everyone should let Fev stay at Carlton, sit back and watch them self destruct over the next couple of years!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Re: Rumour: Eagles keen on Fevola

There was an article saying we weren't interested.

Of course the Eagles can change their mind or lie but I'd rather go with a direct quote from Woodhouse than a rumour on BF.

EDIT: and as if Carlton would go for that trade...

Woosha as assistant coach 2001 @ Carlton , had a close involvement with Brendan Fevola if anyone can work him out Woosha can !!

I would be concerned with Fev on those long flights home every fortnight and what may happen and who could get banned from any future Quantas flights :p:p

i've never said this but, sauce? i felt as gay writing it as when i read it.

as much as carlton fans are going to whinge like bitches at that suggestion, that is actually the most i would give for fev.

you dont really want to be trading a couple of good future prospects in a first rounder or a really good quality young player for a 29 year old headcase.

we could totally use him, but he will be retired when we next try for a flag.

trade him to a team that is challenging for a flag in the next 2 years.

Matthew Spangher + Hansen/Mckinley + 3rd round pick.

Myself I think thats overpaying as Fev is a 28/29yr old with off field issues something the eagles dont require, but the club believes their internal structure and changes since Cousins can help Fev to change his lifestyle a bit, and the move may suit him.

I had a massive chuckle there...

Surely you aren't serious, surely.

Massive facepalm.

I think I'm going to have to give Bigfooty a break until trade week is over.

Sigh. But I press on...

Waite
Bower
Austin
Jamison
Thornton

We need key backmen desperately, do we? Your ignorance scares me.

Also, do you really think Spangher and Hansen are going to get you the reigning AA full-forward?

1st rounder + someone young and good.

Well judd was worth pick 3 and kennedy.
no way fev is worth more than judd.
if Carlton got pick 14 & dawes they should be do everything for that deal.
really he has 2 yrs of top line footy left and then perhaps another 2 yrs of average footy
let's not get to carried away carlton supporters

and they got pick 20 which is basically the same as 14, so 14 and a low pick or a good young player is still well short of the Judd deal, and if hes only got 4 years left dont take him....oh thats right you really want him because hes got 4 good years left given hes had no injuries and he would be fantastic for you...dawes will not even been reasonable for us so it has to be reasonable. We wont get what hes worth which is 2 top 5 picks, put a good pick and quality young player should be minimum

There was an article saying we weren't interested.

Of course the Eagles can change their mind or lie but I'd rather go with a direct quote from Woodhouse than a rumour on BF.

EDIT: and as if Carlton would go for that trade...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85521/default.aspx

Read the article.. Steve Woodhouse (who does contracts) only got told about it as the interview started. Saying "hadn't discussed it, or considered it" as at that stage most clubs thought Fev would be retained. His last comment was that he can't comment, he is only the Contract manager not the recruiting manager who is his brother Trevor. Obviously it is a club wide thing to be discussed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an outsiders point of view....Carlton are in no position to be arguing....they have made it clear he is gone and I think to keep him is going to make them a laughing stock!

It seems to me that Carlton want to cut their losses.....sponsors and captains don't want their team to look bad and this is one step too far....also i hear that there is more behind this than Brownlow night!

I think Collingwood have the right and the room to play hardball.....

deadly serious, its actually detrimental in our push for a flag, which wont be until fev has retired.

and thats not even taking into account his AND OUR poor behaviour record

surprisingly enough, not every club will give you a top 10 pick for a guy with 2 good years left.

we can use pick 7 on a guy who will still be with the club when fev is 40 years old.

you will probably get something better from a collingwood or adelaide, but i wouldnt want the eagles giving up anymore than that.

Your trading him due to off field issues, its not like hes undamaged goods. Look at Gardiner trade to St Kilda, was merely a 3rd round pick upgrade, for a former AA and number 1 draft pick. Albeit he wasn't in his AA form like Fev is.

And don't shoot the messenger, that may be what the Eagles are trying to secure the deal for, all that can happen is Carlton reject and try and renegotiate.

Also, do you really think Spangher and Hansen are going to get you the reigning AA full-forward?

1st rounder + someone young and good.
once again, WHY WOULD WE DO THAT?

both "the first rounder and someone young and good" will be peaking when we are going for a flag.

fev will be retired

Would love Fev, would make us a very serious threat next year.

Would love to see Judd's face if we got him.

i dont think fevola will go to westcoast. i think he will become a kangaroo. just had a chat with a family member of a kangaroos player down the shops. rumour has it at the kangaroos that fevs will be a kangaroo next year. this will pick up pace over the nex few days. but sounds likely

I can't see Fev leaving Melbourne though or more importantly his wife and family, as it is he has businesses etc there. And nothing that West Coast could really offer to get him over to the West unless he wanted to, due to the fact they can't offer him a large salary or even much promotional oppurtunities due to the fact of all his off field issues.

Why would the Eagles won't him ?.

As the OP said, he ain't going to be there in 3-4 years when they are pushing for their next flag.

Just on the first post Tony Notte wont develop into a forward, i dont see him playing afl ever again he is the biggest spud with no ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back