Fevola Trade Thread (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Port move the most likely for Fev

Hampson is not worth pick #9.
Correct.

I'll be furious if we trade Hampson for pick nine in this draft.

What makes a Talia, Butcher or Stevens more than valuable than a player who has been in the system for three years? :confused: :thumbsu:

A raw 21 year old ruckman with Hampson's pace, leap, agility and talent is worth more to Carlton than a low top ten pick.

Chris Egan was pick ten in the last weak draft...

People are obsessed with picks because they think the untried is better than what you already have.

Richmond supporters and Wallace were crowing that they won the 2004 draft after they traded Ottens to have picks 1, 4, 12, 16, 18 and 20 in that draft.

Draft picks are fools gold.

That's exactly right. Also, Fev's married with kids which means the rest of the Fev family would have to be happy to relocate.

Can't see this happening.

If negotiations are happening, then Blues should be going hard for Boak.

thats not too disimilar to us saying lets trade tredrea for gibbs, u nuff! Keep Fev as far away from Alberton as possible please.

thats not too disimilar to us saying lets trade tredrea for gibbs, u nuff! Keep Fev as far away from Alberton as possible please.

You were the guys who rang Carlton about Fev, you nuff!

And yes, asking for Boak is asking for a lot, but you're entitled to say no. Boak to Carlton was a strong rumour running around 3 or so weeks back.

By the way, didn't realise Tredrea had kicked 188 goals the last 2 years, and won 2 coleman medals in the last 3 years

You were the guys who rang Carlton about Fev, you nuff!

And yes, asking for Boak is asking for a lot, but you're entitled to say no. Boak to Carlton was a strong rumour running around 3 or so weeks back.

By the way, didn't realise Tredrea had kicked 188 goals the last 2 years, and won 2 coleman medals in the last 3 years

I didn't call u a nuff for mentioning Fev to Port i did for suggesting we trade him here for boak, is just unfathomable you would even ask.

Whislt Choco is on record as saying if the right deal could be done, no player on ports list was safe, i haven't heard any rumours from the traps here about Boak, he'd be in our 3 least likely to be traded coloum. In fact Gibbs would probably be the price you would have to pay if u wanted Boak.

By the way i didn't say Tredrea=Fev i said it wouldn't be too disimilar, cause ur right, you can also add in the last 2 years how many fewer times Tredrea's been arrested, or brought the game into disrepute also. The bottom line tho is even Fev would've struggled to kick 60 goals in our side this year and Wazza kicked over 50 not playing everygame, and before you get ur knickers in a knot i KNOW Fev would be worth more on the trade table. Just be nice if u read my whole original post instead of stopping at the word nuff and making yourself look even stupider.

Another rubbish thread......

Power 'no' to chasing Fevola
By Katrina Gill 5:12 PM Fri 02 October, 2009
PORT Adelaide has become the latest club to rule out recruiting wayward Carlton forward Brendan Fevola.
The Power have no heir apparent for veteran forward Warren Tredrea who recently signed to play on next season. However, the club confirmed on Friday afternoon to would stick to its youth policy and that 28-year-old Fevola did not fit that direction. Salary cap limitations and club culture are additional reasons for the Power's position.
I think that article above sums it up because there is no way that he will be moving his family to Adelaide to play for a struggling and broke club in front of half empty stands.
As quoted by Patrick Smith in todays Australian!

"After consecutive disastrous seasons following a grand final appearance in 2007, Port Adelaide contacted the Blues to learn what they wanted in return for Fevola and what he would cost the Power. A Carlton official confirmed Port's interest."
Oh for goodness sake, that article also goes on to say that Port's interest in Fev has appeared to cool, while they had already ruled out Fevola as shown above. Also, this so-called un-named Carlton official that confirmed it is just a made-up story to feed any of the clubs that may be interested in him in an effort to try to make them increase an offer.
That would do it. I reckon we'd contribute to his contract for a trade like that too.
I really don't think that Fev is going to leave Victoria, and I don't think it's reasonable to offer a contracted player for trade and then dictate where he is going to play. In a situation like this, it is up to the player to choose the club he wants to play for and for those clubs to come together to make it work. Carlton don't want Fev and he will never play for them again, and they also want to tell him where he is going to play, but I doubt it will happen like that.

Its not going to happen, but if Fev went to Port, the O'Halpin Cloke scuffle from last years preseason would be nothing compared to the Fevola Cornes one ;)

It has been reported that Port are very keen to get Fev over to Albion next year along with another player from Carlton (Hampson).

In exchange they would need to come up with something pretty special to land these two.

Mark Williams has come out and said that every player at Port was tradable, which makes for an interesting proposition.

What deal do you think it would take for Port to land Fev and Hammo.

IMO i would be looking at their first round pick #8 + any pick they get for PB + Salopek who was largly out of favour at Port this year, and can play good footy.

Your thoughts.....

kidding yourself.

if anything you woud get a first round and salopek and would prob have to give a second rounder

Carlton rates Hampson too highly to trade him, not at least this year, he is a Qld boy and he might be offered to the GC for a high draft pick next year. Fev would probably not want to leave Victoria and Carlton would definitly want 1st round pick and some quality player so the deal may be difficult. Still think Fev will cost too much for most clubs and this is just a disciplinary action by the club

It has been reported that Port are very keen to get Fev over to Albion next year along with another player from Carlton (Hampson).

IMO i would be looking at their first round pick #8 + any pick they get for PB + Salopek who was largly out of favour at Port this year, and can play good footy.

Your thoughts.....

How do you explain 'Albion'? Seriously funny stuff. :thumbsu::D

My thoughts..... Please get off Bigfooty, you're peddling **** rumours that have no merit. Every other day a new rumour pops up from your 'sources'!

Unless you are purely here to be a **** stirrer, then well done I suppose. ;)

As quoted by Patrick Smith in todays Australian!

"After consecutive disastrous seasons following a grand final appearance in 2007, Port Adelaide contacted the Blues to learn what they wanted in return for Fevola and what he would cost the Power. A Carlton official confirmed Port's interest."

"The Blues have not ruled out negotiations by the Power restarting on Monday for Fevola, along with at least one other Carlton player."

Get your self up to date buddy!

So Port they called, asked how much, were told 5 first rounders and you pay his entire salary. Port, realising Carlton is only making a PR move by claiming to try and trade him, walked away and declared they weren't interested.

But to keep the sham going, Carlton hopes they'll come back...:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In exchange they would need to come up with something pretty special to land these two.

Mark Williams has come out and said that every player at Port was tradable, which makes for an interesting proposition.

Your thoughts.....

You just make stuff up

You know this for a fact how? Are you the inside man? What a toss. Back up your fact?

I said I think Fev will end up back at the blues. No one will be able to offer a good enough deal for him, Pies included. I may be wrong but that's what I think (I'm not trying to pass off bogus inside facts).

The pies were more than Buckley weren’t they?

During the nineties Collingwood were nothing with or without Bucks so i don't see your point... You don't have to believe me if you don't want to I'm merely stating what I've been told to be the facts whether you think they're bogus or not is up to you, but if you do take it as bogus i know you'll be very dissapointed come friday afternoon next week...

Carlton should aim for Westhoff, he will reach his prime right when Carlton are contendors. Maybe Burgoyne to add strength to there weak defence, and if Port want to give one last stab at the 8, maybe top 5, Fevola would be a major help to that plan.
Fevola - J. Westhoff, S.Burgoyne or
Fevola - J. Westhoff, 1st round draft pick

Also think Carlton should hunt Mitch Thorp, also one of Geelong's small forwards, probably Gamble/stokes.

I have it on good authority that Fev today has made a possionate plea with Carlton to stay at the club.
He has said
1. He would be prepared to re-do his contract to include extra clauses and alter his pay
2. Do a 6 month AA course
3. Undertake extra counselling
4. Issue a formal public apology
5. Issue a private apology to everybody he has offended in person
6. Cease with all media work
7. Prepared to accept a club imposed suspension at the start of the season
8. Work on an AFL Program for free about the dangers of drinking

He has told the club he does not want to go and play anywhere else and now truely believes he has an issue and wants to rid himself of it. He has told the club he owes so much to so many at the club that by moving he will never get the chance to truely repay them.
The club are assessing this new development.
Stay tuned.

Your thoughts.....

What u talking about Hampson will not be traded are we absolutely stupid to lose 2 key players fror a pick that won't find us a forward and we have enough Salopek in our side.

Hampson is just been looked at from Port because they can see his going to be a star very soon give them fringe players like Wiggins,Cloke,Hadley, Johnson,Ohailipin .

Hampson is important we need a ruckman,Warnock done nothing just yet and Kreuzer may play forward if Fev gone. Cloke and Ohailipin will get delisted soon if not this year.

Hampson probably be in our top 9 players most important to structure without Fevola.

Murphy
Gibbs
Judd
Kreuzer
Hampson
Waite
Thornton
Jamison
Bower

The only good good players you give them are like Russell or Walker that we have enough similiar size players but only for a key position player or lack of position player.

Russell had a great year but you want something different for him not the same type player but has to be at least his age not someone 3 years older.

Trading should be for something both clubs need.

I have it on good authority that Fev today has made a possionate plea with Carlton to stay at the club.
He has said
1. He would be prepared to re-do his contract to include extra clauses and alter his pay
2. Do a 6 month AA course
3. Undertake extra counselling
4. Issue a formal public apology
5. Issue a private apology to everybody he has offended in person
6. Cease with all media work
7. Prepared to accept a club imposed suspension at the start of the season
8. Work on an AFL Program for free about the dangers of drinking

He has told the club he does not want to go and play anywhere else and now truely believes he has an issue and wants to rid himself of it. He has told the club he owes so much to so many at the club that by moving he will never get the chance to truely repay them.
The club are assessing this new development.
Stay tuned.

If that is the case, Fev is a changed person and this would do him the world of good, this is a step in the right direction of being a team person, but obviously I wont believe until I hear/see it, it will go to show he's got carlton in his blood, he still has so much to offer

Carlton should aim for Westhoff, he will reach his prime right when Carlton are contendors. Maybe Burgoyne to add strength to there weak defence, and if Port want to give one last stab at the 8, maybe top 5, Fevola would be a major help to that plan.
Fevola - J. Westhoff, S.Burgoyne or
Fevola - J. Westhoff, 1st round draft pick

Also think Carlton should hunt Mitch Thorp, also one of Geelong's small forwards, probably Gamble/stokes.
Not sure on that to me Westhoff looks like his a 1 year player rather keep Fevola.

I agree Carlton should look at Mitch Thorp at a later pick but i don't think they will. i think they don't think much of him to tell the truth.

I reckon they might look at geelong Tom Lonergan we don't need more small forwards have Gartlett,Betts and Yarran and Ellard also as a rookie.

IMO Brisbane are the best suitor as they have a ready made replacement for Carlton in Bradshaw.

Bradshaw + a 2nd rounder would be on the money.
That will make members so angry,why would we trade for a 2nd round pick that may play 10 games in total and are old 31 year old who might only have a year left.

If that is the case, Fev is a changed person and this would do him the world of good, this is a step in the right direction of being a team person, but obviously I wont believe until I hear/see it, it will go to show he's got carlton in his blood, he still has so much to offer

I think his statement about being told he was going to be traded showed how much Carlton really means to him. I think in the past he didn't really think we would get rid of him but what I'm told he was told in no uncertain manner that his time was up. Everyone at Carlton know he loves the club and his is a star on the field but they seem to know that he knew they really would not get rid of him. This has now changed. I personally do not belive this was Carlton intentions. In fact what I've been told is that Fevs plea has completely flawed not only Carlton but his mangement group.
I hope its not to late.

I think that article above sums it up because there is no way that he will be moving his family to Adelaide to play for a struggling and broke club in front of half empty stands.Oh for goodness sake, that article also goes on to say that Port's interest in Fev has appeared to cool, while they had already ruled out Fevola as shown above. Also, this so-called un-named Carlton official that confirmed it is just a made-up story to feed any of the clubs that may be interested in him in an effort to try to make them increase an offer.I really don't think that Fev is going to leave Victoria, and I don't think it's reasonable to offer a contracted player for trade and then dictate where he is going to play. In a situation like this, it is up to the player to choose the club he wants to play for and for those clubs to come together to make it work. Carlton don't want Fev and he will never play for them again, and they also want to tell him where he is going to play, but I doubt it will happen like that.

I looked at all possible trade and no club is likely to get Fevola. Their is only 1 club that is possible depending on Carlton or Collingwood view.

Carlton want someone to take Fevola spot.

Sydney have Jessie White or their pick or both but Fevola probably wont move to NSW its not his State,lol. It wouldn't look good for him carrying a dildo at one of their Sydney Madri Gra.

Brisbane could trade for Lachie Henderson but Fevola doesn't want to move to Brisbane plus if he brings that dildo it would get sunburnt if he took it out.

Essendon have Scott Gumbleton they won't trade for Fevola,but have Cale Hooker and their pick but they committed to Neagle.

It only leads me to Collingwood they have Travis Cloke and John Anthony who are important to them so they might trade both Ben Reid and Chris Dawes together as they unlikely to trade someone as good as Nathan Brown who we probably ask for.

Ben Reid is tall but he did look like a stick but i think his added weight now but i don't think will ever be a good player.Chris Dawes showed a little but has been injured a bit might come good.

i honestly do not understand why port would want fevola, also, why would fevola want to go to port?

Port are not going to win a flag in the next few years, i honestly believe its time for them to start re-building not throwing away draft picks at a 28yo thats not going to be in his prime when port are challenging for their next flag.
If Fevola does leave (which i dont think he will) it will be to a collingwood or the bulldogs, who need a or another big strong focal point up forward.

That's exactly right. Also, Fev's married with kids which means the rest of the Fev family would have to be happy to relocate.

Can't see this happening.

If negotiations are happening, then Blues should be going hard for Boak.

His wife is quite the business woman.:D.. They investments in Mel. and Gold Coast...maybe they could see it as a challenge and adventure. They are still young.. I think it would kinda take the pressure off being away from Melbourne....

It could even be sold to be fun...New house, places to go.. and you get to visit Melbourne every 1-2 weeks anyway to catch up with friends....and also get away from those intrusive ones:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola Trade Thread (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back