Multiplat FIFA 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno why they would get rid of it, surely it wasn't doing anyone any harm.
So EA can put it back in a few years and call it a new feature. They've done this a fair bit.

Finally heard back from EA about my constant freezing when trying to start FUT and they're advice is nothing but unhelpful, looking more likely that I won't be able to touch FUT at all or atleast for a long time.

I've only played the one game against someone else (hitting the 'business end' of uni has its perils), so I've haven't noticed. But man, that's awful. Lounge mode is so good when you're drunk: But the employees of EA have probably never experienced inebriated FIFA (thus have never experienced life).

Are you sure? I swear I played it this year. It was on Xbox this year. When I rocked up, six pack under arm, my name was 'Indie ****.' I resent that.

Also, does anyone else love that Scottish bloke chiming in during Career mode?
I hate the Scottish bloke. "Player A has hurt his knee and looks to be in serious pain, the bench looked concerned but he doesn't and he should be right to go on." Pointless and doesn't make any sense. It would be nice if the commentators could actually mention names as well when talking about inform players. I can't believe EA hasn't even bothered to do it. 2K has had this feature in NBA 2K for years.

gonna turn the commentary off soon, i don't usually get easily annoyed but i'm sick of laughing at it the past few years

they always say stupid things especially after a shot on goal.

even if it hits the keepers scone and bounces off the cross bar they'll be saying the shot hasn't worried the keeper or they'll saying he'll never score from that far out

Commentary has been fine for me so far...

Also, I'm getting a few games pre-set to kick-off at 10PM. Surely they don't have kick-offs that late in the Championship?

gonna turn the commentary off soon, i don't usually get easily annoyed but i'm sick of laughing at it the past few years

they always say stupid things especially after a shot on goal.

even if it hits the keepers scone and bounces off the cross bar they'll be saying the shot hasn't worried the keeper or they'll saying he'll never score from that far out
There's something wrong when they're talking about seasons in UT. I score in an early game of the season and they say "That's not the start they wanted, they're behind and they must win to avoid relegation".

Commentary is the only negative out of the whole game. Sure if you didn't play FIFA 12 much or this is your first FIFA in a while you'll like it but as I played FIFA 12 a shitload I cringe every time they say the same stupid thing. The other thing that pisses me off is when I'm playing with a team I've never used before is that the commentators start talking about the team. The story gets interesting, I'm listening carefully and then "TRIES HIS LUCK! JUST WIDE!" and then they never go back to the story. NBA 2K has the commentators go back to what they were saying and it makes the game that much better.

EA has obviously been really lazy about commentary this year as I reckon I've heard about ten new lines and half the time they get cut off by play by play commentary and they never go back.

I hate the Scottish bloke. "Player A has hurt his knee and looks to be in serious pain, the bench looked concerned but he doesn't and he should be right to go on." Pointless and doesn't make any sense. It would be nice if the commentators could actually mention names as well when talking about inform players. I can't believe EA hasn't even bothered to do it. 2K has had this feature in NBA 2K for years.
Do you really want me to compare the number of players in the NBA to those in FIFA?

Do you really want me to compare the number of players in the NBA to those in FIFA?
I know they can't pronounce every name but the ones they already say could easily be used in sentences such as "The inform striker Aguero who's already kicked nine goals" instead of "the inform striker who's already kicked nine goals".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's something wrong when they're talking about seasons in UT. I score in an early game of the season and they say "That's not the start they wanted, they're behind and they must win to avoid relegation".

Commentary is the only negative out of the whole game. Sure if you didn't play FIFA 12 much or this is your first FIFA in a while you'll like it but as I played FIFA 12 a shitload I cringe every time they say the same stupid thing. The other thing that pisses me off is when I'm playing with a team I've never used before is that the commentators start talking about the team. The story gets interesting, I'm listening carefully and then "TRIES HIS LUCK! JUST WIDE!" and then they never go back to the story. NBA 2K has the commentators go back to what they were saying and it makes the game that much better.

EA has obviously been really lazy about commentary this year as I reckon I've heard about ten new lines and half the time they get cut off by play by play commentary and they never go back.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

There have been a few times during games that I've heard sentences like "We were talking earlier about the success of Arsene Wenger..." in reference to a sentence they were cut off from earlier.

just lead Uruguay to the world cup and becoming world champions after defeating france in the final! 1-1 at the end of 90 mins head into over time with scores still level then out of nowhere cavani bends one past the keeper in the 120th minute!

bloody unbelievable!

You are dogs EA. My first game online, I'm 5-0 up and I lose connection in the 84th min :(

Back to career mode for me I guess

thankyou for confirming that online is still shit, looks like i won't be playing it until at least after christmas

do you find that career mode is harder than any other mode? i thought i had mastered world class difficulty but then i remembered in fifa 12 that i couldn't play wc difficulty on career but i could every other mode. just started a career now and struggling a bit

thankyou for confirming that online is still shit, looks like i won't be playing it until at least after christmas

do you find that career mode is harder than any other mode? i thought i had mastered world class difficulty but then i remembered in fifa 12 that i couldn't play wc difficulty on career but i could every other mode. just started a career now and struggling a bit

Yeah definitely tend to agree mate, heaps of unpredictability in career mode which is good I guess but I was doing really well in FIFA 12 last year on World Class in ultimate team and just friendlies against similar teams, I use that difficulty in career mode and suddenly I get smashed and become frustrated

Game froze on me as I paused it during career mode.
Game freezes, or locks up, a lot in the menus for me. Music is still going, and bids are still counting down etc. but buttons won't work.

Game freezes, or locks up, a lot in the menus for me. Music is still going, and bids are still counting down etc. but buttons won't work.
Frozen on me twice leading up to a game in the skills section.

Also after completing the first half the other day when my mates were playing, it got to the second half it sort of kept going on a loop. The camera would quickly flick to the goal to the left side of the screen, but everything would be invisible, then back to the middle and so on.

Today when it froze on me, I paused it during a game and couldn't unpause or do anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat FIFA 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back