Finals not yet assured

Remove this Banner Ad

Believe it or not, 12 wins with our percentage does NOT guarantee as a place.
If we were to lose all 3, there is a very real chance of finishing 9th I am affraid. I know if we lose to Carlton we shouldn't really be talking finals, but it would be a shock never the less.

If we remain on 12 wins, Geelong could well end up on 12 or 13, Brisbane can get to 12 if they beat either Sydney or St Kilda atTD, Freo can get to 12 and so can the Doggies. All those possibilities are not mutually exclusive and are pretty realistic.

So we better take a deep breath and start playing some decent footy again...

I'd LOVE to believe we are in but I'm not impressed the way we have gone about it. **wry grin emerges & head shakes**

Mathematically, Vlad has done his homework. North have had a fabulous season playing part-time footy and the funny thing is that we can't expect much more unless the opponents want to switch off and head to the bar early. The FAT LADY is definately 'boycotting ALL NORTH games' :D

Funkyzeit mit Matt said:
Fair call, but I think we were a lot closer to 10-9 than 14-5. We were far more likely to lose to the Power and Pies than beat the Crows and Eagles.
Still reckon we have another couple 'get outta jail cards' in the back pocket before this season is done. Leigh Harding has to still kick a bag this season.

vlad76 said:
Believe it or not, 12 wins with our percentage does NOT guarantee as a place.
If we were to lose all 3, there is a very real chance of finishing 9th I am affraid. I know if we lose to Carlton we shouldn't really be talking finals, but it would be a shock never the less.

If we remain on 12 wins, Geelong could well end up on 12 or 13, Brisbane can get to 12 if they beat either Sydney or St Kilda atTD, Freo can get to 12 and so can the Doggies. All those possibilities are not mutually exclusive and are pretty realistic.

So we better take a deep breath and start playing some decent footy again...

Looking forward to hearing TAS view on this (NOT), perfect opportunity for you to again be totally negative on the Kangaroos fortunes, be proud of what we've done TAS, revel in it.

Woodson said:
Leigh Harding has to still kick a bag this season.
Speaking of Turtle, good to see him still doing some of the hard work even though he's not kicking goals. There was a bit of play deep in our forward line where he made a great tackle and quickly got back up to make a second effort. The ball spilled to a Collingwood defender who attempted a short chip pass. Turtle backpeddled to make a contest and the ball spilled to Boomer who hit a target and we scored a goal.

That play would definitely be on my highlights tape this week to highlight to the players what's required this week against the Aints.

ElwoodRoo1 said:
Looking forward to hearing TAS view on this (NOT), perfect opportunity for you to again be totally negative on the Kangaroos fortunes, be proud of what we've done TAS, revel in it.
WTF?

All I have said is that we need to win one more game to be absolutely sure, based on pure math of it. Not being negative, positive or anything else. This is just how the cards are falling.

No point celebrating being in the finals only to find out that it's all premature 3 weeks later.

Like anyone else who supports North, I am hoping for a top 4 finish, but that has nothing to do with the fact that we HAVE NOT yet mathematically guranteed ourselves a finals berth. Pure and simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vlad76 said:
WTF?

All I have said is that we need to win one more game to be absolutely sure, based on pure math of it. Not being negative, positive or anything else. This is just how the cards are falling.

No point celebrating being in the finals only to find out that it's all premature 3 weeks later.

Like anyone else who supports North, I am hoping for a top 4 finish, but that has nothing to do with the fact that we HAVE NOT yet mathematically guranteed ourselves a finals berth. Pure and simple.

I wasn't having a pot at you Vlad, it was aimed at someone else.

vlad76 said:
WTF?

I believe he was referring to TAS mate. I am waiting for his post too, if it is negative, I'll probably agree with him.

ElwoodRoo1 said:

Like I care what a bandwagon jumper thinks. :p

I am happy where we are. It is has been a vast improvement on finishing 10th the last few years.

Tas said:
Like I care what a bandwagon jumper thinks. :p

I am happy where we are. It is has been a vast improvement on finishing 10th the last few years.

ummm, bandwagon jumper, I don't think so.

you were going so well, and then you chucked in a negative at the end, I'll hate to sit behind you at the footy, I'll be abusing the opposition (in good humour of course) and you'll be saying from behind "Nathan Buckley isn't a tosser, he did his best, good on the Maggies" or you'll be mentioning every single error the Roos make, each to their own I guess, your still a Kanga Man Tas, and I love ya for that.

ElwoodRoo1 said:
ummm, bandwagon jumper, I don't think so.

you were going so well, and then you chucked in a negative at the end, I'll hate to sit behind you at the footy, I'll be abusing the opposition (in good humour of course) and you'll be saying from behind "Nathan Buckley isn't a tosser, he did his best, good on the Maggies" or you'll be mentioning every single error the Roos make, each to their own I guess, your still a Kanga Man Tas, and I love ya for that.

I've mellowed in my old age. I do not act like an idiot at the footy anymore. Unlike the good ole days, back when Dunstall had a plate inserted into his head and I was screaming to him to get out of the rain before his head rusts. I thought he was going to jump the fence. :p

I never used to bag the players unless I was pretty sure they could hear me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals not yet assured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back