Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely believe that the VFL and AFLW teams would beat this squad.

Are you sure this is something that you genuinely believe and not just something that you've said off the cuff while being disappointed?

I genuinely believe you like throwing out unverifiable things that you think sound good.

I rate our AFW side through the roof. If our men's team played our women's team it would not be close. At all. The women probably wouldn't score.

Its an absurd notion.

Maybe just walk away for a couple of years because things are not gonna be fixed easily or quickly.

If you just want to take your frustration out on something go murder a cat or something.

Well maybe not the Cat bit but yeh there’s a few on here that just beat the same drum as though somehow it’s all going to be fixed because we all agree we are shit

Like how many times can you say you hate the Coach, the Captain and the Admin?

We are in this mess because of a decade of a perfect storm of ineptitude

Are you sure this is something that you genuinely believe and not just something that you've said off the cuff while being disappointed?

I genuinely believe you like throwing out unverifiable things that you think sound good.

I rate our AFW side through the roof. If our men's team played our women's team it would not be close. At all. The women probably wouldn't score.

Its an absurd notion.

The fellas would find a way to lose

2020…..? You sure
100%

2020 we finished that year second last with 3 wins and with Shaw finishing up, we delisted a quarter of the list and it was left in a shocking state and replaced with absolute rubbish. We then took 2 first rounders into a speculative draft that was abysmal timing as Serong or Pickett went begging the year prior.

2024 we finished second last with 3 wins, we have one of the best coaches in the game this time round but questions remain on if he is past it and is impacted by a racism saga that is out of our control. We just witnessed the side be on the receiving end of two-100 point losses to see the year out and not only do we delist a bloke on Monday who didn't even play for us this year, we get nothing for him a former pick 8 and there is zero optimism to take into the preseason.

I didn't know how bad things were going to get in 2020.
Right now I just pray that after 5 years of ineptitude, that the football cycle turns and we get to move up the ladder. I base this on nothing else except hope and prayers.
Right now I can't see where the natural improvement is going to come for us to be more competitive.

Last edited:
The new St. Klida.

The sad part is I knew we would be flogged last week & I said to my Carlton supporter brother in law as much when he tried to talk us up. Today, was the same as expected.

It's sad and pathetic really. I'll stick fat, buy the membership, follow us out of blind loyalty, but it gives me no joy anymore. None. I hate footy these days.
No, not St.Kilda.

Why are you surprised by this tho?

In his time at the club who would he have learnt anything about resilience and back to the wall, stand up and fight like your life depended on it, "come on boys if we're going down we're taking most of these bastards with us" toughness off?

He was drafted after we sacked Boomer, Drew and Spud Firrito.

I posted this in another thread where Larkey talked about the most important thing Carko did was bringing a sense of stability to the club:

(something about the youngest guys) ... because they haven't spent every season since 2019 with a different coach or football system.

2019 - Bard -> Shaw.
2020 - Shaw at hub then gone.
2021 - Noble with Roos.
2022 - Noble without Roos -> Patch (Clarko coming).
2023 - Clarko -> Ratts -> Clarko.
2024 - Just Clarko.
ideally..
2025 - Just Clarko.

That will be the first time since 2017-18 that we the same coach without turmoil for two seasons. Ie since Bard sacked Boomer and co.

Basically since Larkey Jy joined the footy club.

What we're seeing now is the result of this shit for years.

You can say "that's just an excuse" till the cows come home but its not an excuse - its the ****en reality. These things don't magically fix themselves. They take years of stability.

There is no quick fix. (If anyone should know that its us.)

If you or anyone else isn't up for that then take a few years off footy cos the only way thru this is to be mentally tough enough to deal with it. If you're not capable of grinding thru shit ... again (!!!) ... then have a break for your own mental health.

It will turn (It is now, very slowly) but we won't be doing what Hawthorn did till we have the sort of leadership and experience they have (compare their players today who were 27 and older to ours.) I was hoping that would be next year but it'll probably be at least 2026 now.
The reality is ferbs no one f***ing knows when this flog of a club is going to be competitive again.
We can't categorically say with any confidence that we will even win more than 3 games again in 2025.

Its a results based industry. And we have been losers for 5 years straight.
Thats forgetting the fact we didnt even play finals between 2017-2019 as well.

The reality is the club has low expectations and as a result as supporters we are conditioned to accepting these low expectations.

I personally don't really give a shit who the captain is but its clear a good one sets standards in place that hold the side in good stead.
What I have seen over the past few seasons is that Jy is not up to it. He wont be the first nor the last. No shame in not excelling at the role.
But when you can't deliver what is needed you give it up to someone else and move on. Since the playing group is a bunch of useless shit campaigners who can't put 2 and 2 together, let alone mark and kick the sherrin properly, intervention is needed by the football department.

Its as simple as that.

Without a significant cultural shift, we'll both be sitting here in 12 or 24 months time, having the exact same f*ing conversation and saying next year this and next year it'll turn or another year of this. F* that. If it can turn for the Pies and it can turn for the Hawks then wtf is our issue?
Hand the club over to those who can bring it sustained success because right now I genuinely cannot see this group sticking around enough to see it out.
We cant build through the draft. We need to trade and sign talent. And the past month this group has taken the biggest dump on the sales pitch for anyone to even consider coming across.

Anyways. As we were.

The reality is ferbs no one f***ing knows when this flog of a club is going to be competitive again.
We can't categorically say with any confidence that we will even win more than 3 games again in 2025.

Its a results based industry. And we have been losers for 5 years straight.
Thats forgetting the fact we didnt even play finals between 2017-2019 as well.

The reality is the club has low expectations and as a result as supporters we are conditioned to accepting these low expectations.

I personally don't really give a shit who the captain is but its clear a good one sets standards in place that hold the side in good stead.
What I have seen over the past few seasons is that Jy is not up to it. He wont be the first nor the last. No shame in not excelling at the role.
But when you can't deliver what is needed you give it up to someone else and move on. Since the playing group is a bunch of useless shit campaigners who can't put 2 and 2 together, let alone mark and kick the sherrin properly, intervention is needed by the football department.

Its as simple as that.

Without a significant cultural shift, we'll both be sitting here in 12 or 24 months time, having the exact same f*ing conversation and saying next year this and next year it'll turn or another year of this. F* that. If it can turn for the Pies and it can turn for the Hawks then wtf is our issue?
Hand the club over to those who can bring it sustained success because right now I genuinely cannot see this group sticking around enough to see it out.
We cant build through the draft. We need to trade and sign talent. And the past month this group has taken the biggest dump on the sales pitch for anyone to even consider coming across.

Anyways. As we were.
One of the most important cultural shifts they'll have is some consistency. Hopefully the people running the side put expectations on the players - the same expectations for several seasons.

One of the clips that was posted of Larkey on that show the other night which I was referring to in that post he said the best thing about Clarkson was the stability and the knowledge that the same expectations and all the rest would be there instead of everything changing every season.

As shit as the last few weeks have been before that there were definitely some changes in the right direction. Guys like Curtis, Zurhaar and Ford were being unselfish in looking for their teammates. To the point it cost them but it shows they're trying to learn something about playing for your teammates and after making a few errors they should work out when to be selfish and when not to be instead of just one or the other all the time. That's a cultural improvement.

Even in the Eagles game the level of pressure and intensity was heaps better than the first game I saw this year.

It all went out the window when they dropped their bundle but that's not because they stopped trying or didn't give a shit. It was cos they panicked and freaked out. I'd expect they go away, feel bad about doing that and resolve to improve and fix the situation by working on things to prevent it happening next time.

If we can't do that the club's ****ed obviously.

One of the most important cultural shifts they'll have is some consistency. Hopefully the people running the side put expectations on the players - the same expectations for several seasons.

One of the clips that was posted of Larkey on that show the other night which I was referring to in that post he said the best thing about Clarkson was the stability and the knowledge that the same expectations and all the rest would be there instead of everything changing every season.

As shit as the last few weeks have been before that there were definitely some changes in the right direction. Guys like Curtis, Zurhaar and Ford were being unselfish in looking for their teammates. To the point it cost them but it shows they're trying to learn something about playing for your teammates and after making a few errors they should work out when to be selfish and when not to be instead of just one or the other all the time. That's a cultural improvement.

Even in the Eagles game the level of pressure and intensity was heaps better than the first game I saw this year.

It all went out the window when they dropped their bundle but that's not because they stopped trying or didn't give a shit. It was cos they panicked and freaked out. I'd expect they go away, feel bad about doing that and resolve to improve and fix the situation by working on things to prevent it happening next time.

If we can't do that the club's ****ed obviously.
Expectations lol

Going into the last 2 rounds -
Don't throw the good work away by losing by 100+.

Playing group - "hold my beer"

Today was the single biggest collective dump I have seen on the NM jumper...

The club is rancid.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Expectations lol

Going into the last 2 rounds -
Don't throw the good work away by losing by 100+.

Playing group - "hold my beer"

Today was the single biggest collective dump I have seen on the NM jumper...

The club is rancid.

Just about everyone on this board predicted us to lose by 100 points.

Today was pretty shit tho. Most of the game it looked like only X and Jy Simpkin were trying.

Just about everyone on this board predicted us to lose by 100 points.

Today was pretty shit tho. Most of the game it looked like only X and Jy Simpkin were trying.

People weren't predicting it because it was a reasonable expectation though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest disappointment from the 2023 /24 seasons has been Clarko.

Bloke is an absolute fraud.

He got lucky, his reputation proceeds him. Pretty much done with him.
He didn't get lucky
But whether the game has moved past him...and even whether he still has the fire...hard to know.

He didn't get lucky
But whether the game has moved past him...and even whether he still has the fire...hard to know.
It's possible the Hawks got a hungry Clarko, and NM has gotten a content, bloated Clarko...

I hope not. I still trust him to install a highly professional football department, but I'm not sure he'll win us a flag. Maybe an assistant will rise up to lead us there.

That was ****ing piss poor. Not even a yelp is spot on, they just rolled over, showed their bellies and wagged their tails like the bitches they are. What a ****ing collective embarrassment those boys wearing our ****ing jumper displayed yesterday.

They should be ashamed, they better not have been cracking cans in the rooms afterwards. They should have been made to stay on the field and do 5km’s of 400’s. pathetic excuse of footballers

If reports are true, he's going to be fielding offers of 1.5 mil per year on a long term deal. Not even bont is getting that. Not worth it.
God I hope that’s wrong. Can’t pay him that much with the amount of other contracts we will have…he’s a solid $800k-900k per year player - at his peak (if he can get there). He’s playing like a 400,000 a year rn. Maybe it’s front loaded…

Sat behind the goals yesterday.
The contrast between the forward lines is stark.
They block and scrag for each other and make multiple leads. Gunston is the leader and a genius.
We stand in a heap. Larkey points his finger in the air but gets no separation so flies against Pink and Teakle.
Paul Curtis rushed a kick off the ground that could have been a goal with a little more composure. It also knocked the beer out of my hand to cap it off.

Backline. Corr was ok. Let Chol take an easy chest mark early on.
Luke Mac had an ok game for him. Colby has improved his defensive work significantly and halved a few contests he would have lost earlier on in the year. His confidence to step through players with ball in hand is amazing. Having said all that, get him up the ground!

Zac Fisher. FMD. Literally shit himself and dropped the ball in front of goal at least twice. Watson got 10m separation on him with ease several times. Sometimes he tries to defend and others he just drops into space waiting for a cheapie. Soft small forward being played as defender.

Jy is a tough small forward and that's where he belongs.

So many one on ones where we don't even halve the contest.
Smashed in centre clearances again.

LDU's turnover when he kicked it 50m backwards and Chol marked and goaled broke something inside of me.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

What year was that h2h? I don’t recall the game.
I thought 2004, will look it up.

It was R22 in 2003. We won 187 to 63 and it was a rollicking, joyous end to a nothing season. And Carlton wasn’t even last that year, Western was.

Peter Burge began back at the Hawks as High Performance Manager for the 2022/23 preseason.

He was previously at Richmond from 2013-2022 so during their three flags. Before that, he spent part of 2012 at the Saints leaving apparently because the standards were too poor and weren't going to change. Before that, he was Strength and Conditioning Manager at the Hawks from 2005-2011 - one flag but arguably was part of the foundation for more.

He came 6th in the 2000 Olympics in the triple jump. Spent his time at the AIS under ruthless, hard ar$e coaches. Is an absolute hard ar$e himself. That young Hawks side is clearly a lot stronger and fitter than our 'young' side. They look like elite athletes. Their small players don't look weak - they're menaces.

Kevin White probably knows his stuff - has done a great job rehabbing Wardlaw. But most of our players don't look like or perform like elite athletes. That's on them but Viney, Clarkson and whoever is our Head of High Performance need to be far more ruthless about what's expected in the offseason - how they turn up on day 1.

Sat behind the goals yesterday.
The contrast between the forward lines is stark.
They block and scrag for each other and make multiple leads. Gunston is the leader and a genius.
We stand in a heap.
Larkey points his finger in the air but gets no separation so flies against Pink and Teakle.
Do you think this is cos they are lazy and stupid or cos they don't know what to do because they are badly coached?

Cos to me fixing this would immediately make us a five goal+ better side. It stands out like dogs balls and nothing else on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back