Game Day Finals rest/pointless bye week game day thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who we can thank for this weekend of utter boredom? Freo and Norf. Two absolute **** clubs who rested players for finals, and ruined it for everyone.

I've watched more NRL this weekend than i've watched all year. Nice way to build momentum into the finals Gil, you ****stick.

You know who we can thank for this weekend of utter boredom? Freo and Norf. Two absolute **** clubs who rested players for finals, and ruined it for everyone.

I've watched more NRL this weekend than i've watched all year. Nice way to build momentum into the finals Gil, you ****stick.

Can't upset the betting agencies.

This weekend was a disaster.

A disaster. Cannot believe anyone would defend this decision

Last edited:
Watched Essendon beat Geelong in the VFL yesterday (great game) on TV and the Women's match last night (exciting spectacle), then went to the local footy today and saw Greensborough get over Bundoora by six points (great game).

I got my footy fix.

Did miss the Bloods though.

Raring to go for Saturday now and the key lads who've played nearly every game this year (Joey, Parks, Hanners, Reg, Bud, Ramps, Smooch, Heens, Millsy, Lloydy & Aliir) should be nice and fresh after this break.

They weren't just managing themselves. The problem was that they were deliberately tanking to better their finals positions.
And they have what to show for it....regardless of the resting players etc, the solution should be better then the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lady got pushed by a bustling commuter and fell into my lap. Fair bump, play on.

Umpire Stevic in other carriage has overruled. #freekickhawthorn. What's that? Bit of back chat eh? 50m, goal #freekickhawthorn.

I went to Blacktown for the Ressies PF and watched a half of the games either side, so got somewhat of a footy fix.

Ripper melee at QT of the Giants/SU game. It was a fiery affair and almost had me staying back to see whether there would be more fireworks in the 2nd half but had to head home as the missus had organised dinner out with friends, knowing full well that there is no chance of dinners out on Fri/Sat over the next few weeks of finals...

For the history geeks and those who love a bit of a read in your downtime this week maybe this will tide you over till Saturday.
1: NSW AFL History Society: digital records, photos etc. a great read
https://nswfootballhistory.com.au

2: State library Vic: old editions of Football Record back to 1912
http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/football-record

Excellent opportunity to reasearch the pre-tv era of australian rules football when Thursday night finals didn't mandate 14 day breaks in the finals schedule. :cool:

Another little something to wrap our collective grey matter around during this endless bye (is it REALLY still only Wednesday?)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...inals-games-different-from-the-regular-season
Not quite the same as that warm glow that envelopes us all after the Swans roundly thumping their opponent on the previous weekend, but it'll have to do.

Finals are hard. Hmmkay. :p

Interesting to see how many upsets there are in finals based on results where the two finalists met earlier that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back