Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t really my point, but it will be the match thread. My point was rather why bother with a changes thread if the preview one is posted 3 days later with a two week lead in… Closing this one til next week isn’t changing anything, but leaving both open and splitting discussion seems odd.

I just write the previews on tuesday after the last game. I figure people will want to talk about the issues I raised in the preview this week anyway. But I get where you're coming from.

A little ridiculous from you mate.
Fly and the hierarchy are looking to make their own new future.
Not dwelling into the past at all.

All opposition are a danger.
Wide open selection if the past doesn't matter. Just toss a coin whether we play JDG or Carmichael?

They’re not even Melbourne supporters, or at least one of them isn’t. It’s old mate the finger/AdamH on his new “incognito” account.
Yeah, I’ve seen the posts stating as much.
I remember seeing posts by finger/AdamH.
Were those accounts following Melbourne?
Weird sad individual.

For many Collingwood supporters they feel the need to be superstitious, dwell on hard luck stories and live in the past. Maybe it's an AFL wide thing? End of the day if you're good you're good, Richmond had no problem erasing their cursed history.
Ok, every time i was interstate this year, we lost. My thinking goes over the next few weeks best stay in victoria.

Secondly, if its a close game, we have a shot at goal, i shut my eyes, we get the goal, if i watch we get a point.

Ill do my bit over the coming weeks

I'm keen to see more McCreery at centre bounces.

We do ok in clearances around the ground. It's the centre bounces that we struggle. It's imperative we do something to fix our centre clearances. Our defence has been under enourmous pressure since we've dropped on in the centre.
Yes, we have been so poor at center clearances for years and great at general stoppages. I wish we tried to lock the ball up for a 2nd ball up in the center. Even at the expense of a holding the ball free because even then we can set up more in defence.

In: Moore, Murphy, McCreery
Out: Frampton, Macrae, WHE

WHE to be the sub due to his versatility. It's either Lipinski or WHE the 3rd out imo but I think we would prefer the extra mid rotation.

This final is going to be insanely huge, the result is enormous, the loser facing a very unlikely chance of making the granny, winner the complete opposite.

Melbourne's form the past month has been better but good for us we seemed to hit some form against Essendon, the first half looked like the Collingwood of the first 16 or so weeks. 2nd half we put the cue in the rack and rightly so.

Our best is good enough to beat Melbourne imo, Daicos out hurts but other than that we are full strength. Need huge games from Cox and Cameron, if Cox is in one of his moods where he clunks everything it will go a long way.

I've got my tickets today, excited and nervous already, I want this so badly, so so hungry for a premiership. Go pies!

I just re-watched the entire King’s Birthday game and came away feeling more confident than before. We’re going to look totally different in the forward line with Billy, McStay and Ginnivan in there instead of AJ, who I like but had an absolute howler, Harrison who is a work in progress and Reef who isn’t a forward at AFL level and managed to miss the ball when kicking into an open goal.

Our exits from defence are going to be a whole lot better with Howe, De Goey, and Sidebottom providing the composure and the run rather than blind dump kicks by Darcy Cameron to Melbourne talls.

De Goey is huge for our midfield, but obviously Melbourne get Oliver back too, I think De Goey does more for us in giving us a faster, more proactive option going forward from stoppage that we can’t replace.

We’ve got Melbourne covered.

I just re-watched the entire King’s Birthday game and came away feeling more confident than before. We’re going to look totally different in the forward line with Billy, McStay and Ginnivan in there instead of AJ, who I like but had an absolute howler, Harrison who is a work in progress and Reef who isn’t a forward at AFL level and managed to miss the ball when kicking into an open goal.

Our exits from defence are going to be a whole lot better with Howe, De Goey, and Sidebottom providing the composure and the run rather than blind dump kicks by Darcy Cameron to Melbourne talls.

De Goey is huge for our midfield, but obviously Melbourne get Oliver back too, I think De Goey does more for us in giving us a faster, more proactive option going forward from stoppage that we can’t replace.

We’ve got Melbourne covered.
Yeah I think Melbourne are being really overestimated and Port really underestimated. Melbourne have some great components but big holes and play stodgy footy.

I think I actually discovered a bit of a superstition of my own in the last month or so that I didn’t even notice until after the Essendon game.

I have a Collingwood mug that I sometimes drink coffee (and dip biscuits in) from.

I realised after the Essendon game that any time I used that mug during the week leading into a match we won. I didn’t use that mug before the Carlton, Hawthorn and Brisbane games.

Used it before the Geelong and Essendon games and we won.

I’m sure it’s just a PURE coincidence but you know what? To play it safe, I’m gonna keep using that mug every week for the rest of the season.

You would drop Johnny Noble? :openmouth:

Arrest this man!
Been a bunch of Johnny F"ckin Noble droppers coming out of the closet this week.
I guess his 21 disposal game at 86% against the Bombers was pretty atrocious. Deserves to be dropped for finals based on that performance... Clearly!

Apparently he has terrible disposal...
did you not know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe we need to shake things up in the centre bounces. Like most here have already stated, it’s likely going to be the difference.

Why not on the occasion have just bulls in there? Rotating between

De Goey
Adam’s
Mcreery (push back into position)
Mitchell
Maynard (push back into position)

And one of

Pendles
Crisp
Steele

We need to hit them hard. Our pressure is the best when on. Hard bodies hitting them too can set the tone very early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam’s is key and has been his entire career with us, we drop off significantly when he’s not playing. His work at the coal face, intimidating and putting his head over it makes it easier for everybody else. He needs to be on ball when Viney’s in there. I think Oliver will struggle to run out the game.

I prefer Degoey on his feet. Potentially we throw him on ball if Petracca goes there to keep him accountable.

I think we balance our deficiency on the inside with better ran and carry on the outside. We also spread better going forward and to cover in defence.

Crisp is another hard nut, underrated for cameos as is Elliot.

Murphy needs to stick to Fritsch like a glove. He’s a match winner.

These sorts of games are made for Moore and May/Lever, plenty of pressure around the ball resulting in dump kicks into 50. Given they have two elite talls the role of the resting ruckman will be key.

I expect the opposition will forget about Pendlebury again allowing him to play quarterback.

Melbourne were dominant last we played them, they will be our toughest opponent this finals series.

Been a bunch of Johnny F"ckin Noble droppers coming out of the closet this week.
I guess his 21 disposal game at 86% against the Bombers was pretty atrocious. Deserves to be dropped for finals based on that performance... Clearly!

Apparently he has terrible disposal...
did you not know?
No chance, his desperation and speed is critical. Lipinski closest to make way for Daicos I think. Next two closest are Cameron and Gini I think just purely on balance if you want to throw things around. WHE is a lock through to the end of finals.

Ok, every time i was interstate this year, we lost. My thinking goes over the next few weeks best stay in victoria.

Secondly, if its a close game, we have a shot at goal, i shut my eyes, we get the goal, if i watch we get a point.

Ill do my bit over the coming weeks

I’ll be wearing my lucky scarf, bought for the 2010 finals. That will help too.🤞

Yeah, I’ve seen the posts stating as much.
I remember seeing posts by finger/AdamH.
Were those accounts following Melbourne?
Weird sad individual.
Saints fan. Lost his marbles after 2010 and has never moved on with his life.

I think I actually discovered a bit of a superstition of my own in the last month or so that I didn’t even notice until after the Essendon game.

I have a Collingwood mug that I sometimes drink coffee (and dip biscuits in) from.

I realised after the Essendon game that any time I used that mug during the week leading into a match we won. I didn’t use that mug before the Carlton, Hawthorn and Brisbane games.

Used it before the Geelong and Essendon games and we won.

I’m sure it’s just a PURE coincidence but you know what? To play it safe, I’m gonna keep using that mug every week for the rest of the season.
Please don’t drop it…

Melbourne were dominant last we played them, they will be our toughest opponent this finals series.
No they weren’t. We led until 12 mins left in the 3rd quarter. We also would have run over the top of them if the game were 2 mins longer. All this with a third of our team out and plenty more playing sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back