Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just write the previews on tuesday after the last game. I figure people will want to talk about the issues I raised in the preview this week anyway. But I get where you're coming from.
And I love the content you put up so absolutely no issue with you or anything 👍

Maggie was super quick with the response and knew my angle, but just didn’t want to acknowledge it. Anyway we move on and get to chat an exciting QF so we’re all winners for the time being.

Adam’s is key and has been his entire career with us, we drop off significantly when he’s not playing. His work at the coal face, intimidating and putting his head over it makes it easier for everybody else. He needs to be on ball when Viney’s in there. I think Oliver will struggle to run out the game.

I prefer Degoey on his feet. Potentially we throw him on ball if Petracca goes there to keep him accountable.

I think we balance our deficiency on the inside with better ran and carry on the outside. We also spread better going forward and to cover in defence.

Crisp is another hard nut, underrated for cameos as is Elliot.

Murphy needs to stick to Fritsch like a glove. He’s a match winner.

These sorts of games are made for Moore and May/Lever, plenty of pressure around the ball resulting in dump kicks into 50. Given they have two elite talls the role of the resting ruckman will be key.

I expect the opposition will forget about Pendlebury again allowing him to play quarterback.

Melbourne were dominant last we played them, they will be our toughest opponent this finals series.
Last time we played Melb without Elliot, mcstay, Degoey, sidey, Howe and ginni…. And lost by 4 pts

In: Moore, Murphy, McCreery
Out: Frampton, Macrae, WHE

WHE to be the sub due to his versatility. It's either Lipinski or WHE the 3rd out imo but I think we would prefer the extra mid rotation.

This final is going to be insanely huge, the result is enormous, the loser facing a very unlikely chance of making the granny, winner the complete opposite.

Melbourne's form the past month has been better but good for us we seemed to hit some form against Essendon, the first half looked like the Collingwood of the first 16 or so weeks. 2nd half we put the cue in the rack and rightly so.

Our best is good enough to beat Melbourne imo, Daicos out hurts but other than that we are full strength. Need huge games from Cox and Cameron, if Cox is in one of his moods where he clunks everything it will go a long way.

I've got my tickets today, excited and nervous already, I want this so badly, so so hungry for a premiership. Go pies!
If Cox plays, club needs to fly in his Parents again.

oh really? Let us know why?

More than happy to explain why.

This guy has had more than enough opportunities to grab a game by the balls and have a decent impact on a result.

Had a major opportunity against Essendon to really show what he is capable of and didn’t.

6 goals from 7 games in finals.

As for people saying oh you want Howe to play forward. No.

Our game is built on pressure and Mcstay doesn’t provide that enough for me.

Ginnivan, hill, mcreery bring that and pace as well.

Cameron and cox can rest forward to provide another target.

And again no Howe shouldn’t play forward

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I think Melbourne are being really overestimated and Port really underestimated. Melbourne have some great components but big holes and play stodgy footy.
I know it’s the preview thread for this next match v the Dees, but totally agree with the bolded. My best guess is that it’s because they let you score. IMO, they’ve clearly been the second best team across the year and the attrition of the season caught up with them at a rough time.

By overestimated with the Dees do you mean by the media? I personally think their ladder result is a very fair reflection of where they stand in relation to Collingwood. Both at their best sees us as 4 goal winners, IMO.

I know it’s the preview thread for this next match v the Dees, but totally agree with the bolded. My best guess is that it’s because they let you score. IMO, they’ve clearly been the second best team across the year and the attrition of the season caught up with them at a rough time.

By overestimated with the Dees do you mean by the media? I personally think their ladder result is a very fair reflection of where they stand in relation to Collingwood. Both at their best sees us as 4 goal winners, IMO.
I mean overestimated by the media and thus footy fans.

They remind me of a lot of Bucks teams - better players, but they have to control a large majority of the match to win. During some stage, one of the good teams will have a period where they get on top and score enough to beat them. I think we'll do it to them.

Last edited:

This guy has had more than enough opportunities to grab a game by the balls and have a decent impact on a result.

Had a major opportunity against Essendon to really show what he is capable of and didn’t.

You can just admit you’re wrong no need to double down. Mcstay is absolutely a lock 🔒

They kicked 18 behinds…were missing Oliver and Brown themselves

No-one on the Dees board seems to think Brown will play in this game either, so he’s irrelevant.

And I love the content you put up so absolutely no issue with you or anything 👍

Maggie was super quick with the response and knew my angle, but just didn’t want to acknowledge it. Anyway we move on and get to chat an exciting QF so we’re all winners for the time being.

All good mate. It's a discussion forum so everything should be up for discussion! Maggie was kind to have my back too. So anyway -- I'm just obsessed with the game agains Melbourne. I have big worries and big hopes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one on the Dees board seems to think Brown will play in this game either, so he’s irrelevant.
No doubt we are better placed for the upcoming game, however we still fielded 23 players and were soundly beaten even if they weren’t able to translate the dominance to the scoreboard.

They are proven finals performers.

I think they are the biggest challenge for us. We win in a close contest

It would appear the coaching staff much to our chagrin , are not listening to you .. I think you should go down to training and speak to them personally, It would appear that McStay is playing hi srole as instructed, have you actually noticed attention deflected form Checkers and he has blossomed over past four games .. wonder why ..... possiby because McStay is playing hi srole as instructed?

Sorry to butt in Trey, but will you be playing at Freo or WCE next year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It would appear the coaching staff much to our chagrin , are not listening to you .. I think you should go down to training and speak to them personally, It would appear that McStay is playing hi srole as instructed, have you actually noticed attention deflected form Checkers and he has blossomed over past four games .. wonder why ..... possiby because McStay is playing hi srole as instructed?

No shit.

This is a forum, that’s my opinion.

News flash they aren’t listening to you either

Does anyone have our actual line up for the King's Birthday clash this year?

You mean where they lined up? I can give an estimate only...

B: Noble, Moore, Maynard
HB: N Daicos, Murphy, Quaynor
C: J Daicos, Mitchell, WHE
HF: Lipinski, Mihocek, Hill
F: McIness, AJ, McCreery
Foll: Cameron, Pendlebury, Adams

Int: Cox, Harrison, Frampton, Crisp.
Sub: Markov

Josh Daicos was invisible and clearly unwell. Harrison was quite good when he had it, but didn’t get a lot. Reef provided forward pressure but that’s about it, not threatening in any way. AJ (and I’m a fan) was a witches’ hat.

We should probably have started Markov rather than give him 30% TOG as sub. Our running out of defence was lacking for much of the game with no De Goey or Sidebottom, and only Mihocek (and a very sore WHE) as a target down the line.

The analysis on the Melbourne board reads like this;

“We have Petracca, Oliver, May, Gawn and Fritsch who are all match-winners. They have De Goey, Moore and Elliott, so we’ll win. Oh and maybe Kozi Pickett for us, because he’s got nearly as many goals as Elliott.”

It’s like they don’t watch football and just read about it the day after in the HUN.

The analysis on the Melbourne board reads like this;

“We have Petracca, Oliver, May, Gawn and Fritsch who are all match-winners. They have De Goey, Moore and Elliott, so we’ll win. Oh and maybe Kozi Pickett for us, because he’s got nearly as many goals as Elliott.”

It’s like they don’t watch football and just read about it the day after in the HUN.
They have no forward line and their only means of winning is keeping good opposition to under 70 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back