Finals Week 1 Tips & Crowd Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn v Sydney - 11pts, 69k
Geelong v Fremantle - 16 pts, 32k
Collingwood v Port Adelaide - 25 pts, 57k
Richmond v Carlton - 19 pts, 88k

Hawthorn v Sydney (MCG) 13 points, 68,500.
Geelong v Fremantle (SS) 17 points, 27,000.
Collingwood v Port Adelaide (MCG) 25 points, 52,500.
Richmond v Carlton (MCG) 6 points, 85,000.

Going by some of these crowds estimations, why isn't Collingwood playing at Etihad?
The balls on this one. It's fine for Geelong to play a final on their home ground, but not Collingwood.

Back OT, this could be the most one-sided week one of a finals series in quite a while. All the home teams to win comfortably, could even be a couple of smackings. I hope I'm wrong.

The balls on this one. It's fine for Geelong to play a final on their home ground, but not Collingwood.

Back OT, this could be the most one-sided week one of a finals series in quite a while. All the home teams to win comfortably, could even be a couple of smackings. I hope I'm wrong.

Haha no!
It's a subtle dig at people arguing against a SS final.
Eddie everywhere could be reading this after all.
Would have been enjoyable for us to kick Collingwood off their home ground after Eddie said we shouldn't host one.

Back on topic, I think there will be 3 close ones. Collingwood will likely hammer Port.

Hawthorn Sydney 13 points 75,000
Geelong Fremantle 8 points 32,000
Collingwood Port Adelaide 54 points 61,000
Richmond Carlton 23 points 90,000

Hawthorn v Sydney (MCG) - 7 points, 65K
I don't think Buddy's loss will affect the result too much - the hawks seem to cover him well.

Geelong v Fremantle (SS) - 37 pts, Capacity
Freo's mass changes reeked of arrogance - I hope it comes back to bite them in the arse and they go out in straight sets.

Collingwood v Port Adelaide (MCG) - 32 points, 55K
It looks like Port are running out of legs. Can't see them winning, they would do well to keep it close.

Richmond v Carlton (MCG) - 23 points, 88K
I hate Carlton with a passion but it would still be absolutely hilarious if Richmond bomb out.
You sir no nothing about football....not even the slightest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back on topic, I think there will be 3 close ones. Collingwood will likely hammer Port.
I hope it's Geelong that dishes out the hammering, just to stick it up the purple ponces when their resting strategy backfires. Total arrogance and disrespect for the game. No wonder it has not been kind to Lyon.

I hope it's Geelong that dishes out the hammering, just to stick it up the purple ponces when their resting strategy backfires. Total arrogance and disrespect for the game. No wonder it has not been kind to Lyon.

Yeah I thought Freo cared about their fans wanting to see their team play in Melbourne. Turns out that's bull.
Not sure why Hawthorn, Sydney, Richmond, Collingwood and Port didn't make 11 changes either considering their games were of very little consequence.

For me if I was either Foxtel or the AFL, this the dream first week of finals that were possible in my eyes.

Hawthorn v Sydney

Grand Final rematch, I maybe a little bias but Hawks v Swans has a little feeling now. Should be a cracker.

HAWKS by 12 with 63K watching live.

Geelong vs Fremantle

There is a nice little rivalry coming together between these two teams. Now with Ross Lyons comments in his post match press conference about how Geelong is a reginal center, could be a little feeling in this game.

CATS by 23 with 33K watching live.

Collingwood vs Port Adelaide

The real Magpies vs Collingwood, sure something about the prison bars will be said this week and Eddie will remind everyone again that Collingwood let them wear it.

MAGPIES by 27 with 60K watching live.

Richmond vs Carlton

Two of the big four so will be a huge crowd if the weather is good.

BLUES by 2 with 88K watching live.

It's amazing, it's been less than a week since I last saw a post of yours and that chip has managed to swell even larger.

People really seem to want this both ways, deride us for our miserable, unsuccessful existence yet act with total outrage and indignation when we actually take steps to ensure our finals assault (first ever consecutive finals series for us btw, ever) is undertaken with an emphasis on optimal fitness for our squad.

I know it's when the Roos do their best work these days but a dead rubber in a H&A game isn't even in the same stratosphere as any finals game. I have a feeling you'd rather just be the moral victor though.

I know Demetriou played for the Canberra Kangaroos but I didn't know you posted on bigfooty Andy? Get some rest mate, big day tomorrow.:thumbsu:

Hawthorn v Sydney by 22 points (63k)
Geelong v Fremantle by 34 points (Capacity)
Collingwood v Port Adelaide by 29 points (61k)
Richmond v Carlton by 11 points (78k)

Hawks by 3 points (Tight all game Hawks to get up in the last 5 minutes)
Freo by 25 points ( Freo will surprise the cats as they did a few years back at the "G" , i think Cats are playing patchy at the moment )
Pies by 13 points ( Pies to strong down here but will be close all day)
Blues 27 ( Tigers lack of finals experience could be there undoing)

Hawthorn v Sydney (MCG) 11 points, 72k
Geelong V Fremantle (SS) 8 points, 35k or whatever capacity is
Collingwood v Port Adelaide (MCG) 33 points, 70k
Richmond v Carlton (MCG) 9 points, 95k

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals Week 1 Tips & Crowd Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back