First confirmed trade - Morris and pick 15 to Richmond for pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

John Ralph confirming it's done, just needs to be official.

RalphyHeraldSun Jon Ralph
Pies have done the deal on Marty Clarke to return to Australia. Give up their first pick to GWS and get him and another kid Jamie Elliott
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I hope Jamie Elliott can play.

Yeh your right bud! we just find it funny that the players we got slaughtered for and rightfully so in Mcmahon from dogs who kicked the goal against the dees, who picked up Scully and dogs Ward with those picks are now gone!

Wouldn't judge these trades until you see what Dees and Dogs with with their combo picks but if your happy that your club didn't get Scully and Ward then **** me.. it really is silly season but yeah not going to clog up this thread anymore :thumbsu:

Wouldn't judge these trades until you see what Dees and Dogs with with their combo picks but if your happy that your club didn't get Scully and Ward then **** me.. it really is silly season but yeah not going to clog up this thread anymore :thumbsu:

Yeh the Compo picks are completely irrelivant in the little arguement that gets thrown at us all the time! was just having abit of fun mate, no harm done :thumbsu:

We had no interest in Morris.

Don't think Port would offer us Pick 6 in return for Pick 15 and Morris lol. Don't think they'd offer us their 2nd round pick for him either. A deal with Port would be to hard to get done.

steve morris agreed to sign a contract with gws and be on traded to the tigers they cant just pick up any player who had nominated for the draft in the past. the player has to agree to the contract. Morris didnt wanna go to port so you couldnt have done a trade with him

We had no interest in Morris.

Don't think Port would offer us Pick 6 in return for Pick 15 and Morris lol. Don't think they'd offer us their 2nd round pick for him either. A deal with Port would be to hard to get done.

Obviously not mate, but they would have offered a 2nd rounder which IMO would be better than swapping pick 15 for 14.

Considering they need to rebuild....I don't think they would.

Them offering a rd2 pick is the sole reason we had to deal with you guys s opposed to nominating him as a F/S.

He is only 22, so still fits a rebuilding club I would think.

Never mind, wasnt expecting an argument about it

Seems a prett good deal on face value. Should still get who we want at 15 if we're confident enough to do this deal. Obviously have someone lined up.

Can any SA watchers comment on Morris? I know he's not exactly the same player as Duigan but is he on the same talent level? Will he have the same sort of impact at AFL level? At least looking at some stats Morris is on a similar level output wise to Duigan and Puopolo. Made the SANFL team of the year in a poor team so should have something to offer. Added bonus is hopefully Deledio is now able to go back to the damaging goalkicking mid he was in 09 and 08.

i'd put him on the same level as duigan and puopolo easily. this year is hailed as his break out year but he was good last year too. can easily run through the midfield, has a big tank (is a fitness instructor) and very good skills. easily worth the first rounder, especially since richmond basically got it back. big win to richmond if he makes the step up to afl

Good deal for both sides, Greater Western upgrades their pick. They are after picks not players so its right into their planning.

And Richmond just drops one spot to get a kid that would have cost them their second round pick to get father/son.

One of the few times where I think both sides are winners and Richmond seem to be doing better at making deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would have to improve to consider him a S/ Coach player.

In his club he averages about 11th position for disposal efficiency.
He takes about 3 marks / match and av about 2 tackles / match.
He was voted best for his team 4 times during the year, 3 times as second best , twice as third best and 6th best when playing against other teams.
He didnt make the top 16 best players in the Magarey Medal Count .

Source : SANFL

He made the SANFL team of 2011 but that was very debatable as many thought others were better.

We would be talking about him as a bench option mate not captain every week.

He had a disposal efficiency of 85% over the year which is very good considering the role he plays rebounding out of defense.

Could play all season and is capable of winning the hard ball and significant meters gained with every possession. He should score reasonably well like a Puopolo or Stanley

Remove this Banner Ad

First confirmed trade - Morris and pick 15 to Richmond for pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back