First Elimination Final - West Coast vs. North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a possibility, I hope not though. :p Can't say I am a fan of playing mediocre footy the last couple of rounds leading into the finals.

Essendon were the exact same last year.

We were guaranteed our spot heading in to our last game and nearly lost to Port Adelaide at Etihad.

We came out and kicked the first three goals in the final though, only to be dominated from there.

baby-crying.jpeg

My bad, was meant to be in the Eagles game day thread. Still....

Essendon were the exact same last year.

We were guaranteed our spot heading in to our last game and nearly lost to Port Adelaide at Etihad.

We came out and kicked the first three goals in the final though, only to be dominated from there.

Lets just hope we are nothing like the Bombers though, i think Essendon was physically small and got dominated, which was the reason for the weaponisation. I don't think there is that big a difference in terms of weight class between the two sides so I hope we don't get monstered.

My concern is the difference in experience, especially finals experience. When combined with a hostile home crowd it could be disastrous, especially if they get off to a hot start.

How is it confusing that a team from Perth will adjust better to warmer conditions than a team from Melbourne will? You're kidding if you think playing footy in temps 15 degrees more than you're used to won't have some effect.

Good on ya, hopefully your coach won't after the game either.
Finals footy is all about pressure. Fatigue will be a factor. Players suffer more from fatigue in warm conditions. North Melbourne's players are probably less acclimatised to warm weather.

Thought that would have been pretty straight-forward.

*shrug*
Don't worry about HTB, he has trouble comprehending things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Petrie has a bad record at Subi and an even worse one against West Coast, maybe Tarrant or Hansen could be the surprise packet for them today.

We have only gone with Petrie, Tarrant and Hansen from the mid way mark of this season. Also, Petrie has not played FF in most of the clashes they talked about, he has only been our permanent full forward for 2 seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

First Elimination Final - West Coast vs. North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back