First test of the aussie summer

Remove this Banner Ad

That isn't possible with the minimum three days between matches. Friday-Tuesday means the Wednesday to Friday have to be days off. I always presumed this was why we had so many matches start on the Thursday, to allow the next match to start on a Friday. Wednesday makes little sense, unless Seven prefer (it three reasonably sure-fire prime time weekdays, which rate higher than Saturdays).

The three day minimum is also why Sydney starts on 3rd Jan, instead of 2nd Jan as it did prior to the mid-90s when the ICC adopted the rule at the demand of players. (And possibly part of why the push for four day tests exists)
My only reasoning for why they start the 1st Test on the Wednesday (they did during the Ashes too) is that they want the Adelaide Test starting on a Thursday and not a Friday? Maybe something to do with knowing they'll get big crowds for days 1 and 2 regardless and then ensuring the crowds for days 3 and 4 are big because its a weekend?

What hurts you so much about this? Genuine question, what triggers you so much? Aren't the left meant to be the ones you claim to be triggered? Yet here you are sulking about us respecting the wishes of the nation we hosting. Grow up mate. My God the right wing weirdos are sooky
Because taking the knee does **** all

Are the racists going to stop being racist because captain woke took a knee

Tell the players to get off their ass and do something like Rashford did

Just fake virtue signalling

My only reasoning for why they start the 1st Test on the Wednesday (they did during the Ashes too) is that they want the Adelaide Test starting on a Thursday and not a Friday? Maybe something to do with knowing they'll get big crowds for days 1 and 2 regardless and then ensuring the crowds for days 3 and 4 are big because its a weekend?
So reading that corbs we are starting the Perth test on a Wednesday because we want it to better suit the crowds in Adelaide the following week ??

That is insulting to a WA based cricket fan who has had no test cricket since 2019

Disgusting

So reading that corbs we are starting the Perth test on a Wednesday because we want it to better suit the crowds in Adelaide the following week ??

That is insulting to a WA based cricket fan who has had no test cricket since 2019

Disgusting
As long as you were insulted when they did it in Queensland too.

Disgusting
They changed it to reduce crowds and lessen the chance of them getting booed Mitch Marsh 2018 style. Then they'll justify their decision to only give us tests against minnows.

I just think it is a much better balance. It's a small change, but I think it would make a big difference to both players.

Head could be the best number 6 we have had in a long time.
Head is a freak talent and he is my tip to explode into a top 5 batsman in the world this summer.

I thought test matches always used to start on a Thursday in Australia (except matches linked to a day like boxing day or new years test which began on the 2nd). Im talking ages ago and especially before before visiting teams put their requests in and getting their own way (cough....India 'we dont want to start in brisbane'...cough)

I admire West Aussie cricket they way it has built a robust red ball program. But have to say that taking this action is certain to be counter productive for the game in the West. Those fans planning to boycott their first Test in three years need to have a rethink if they want Test cricket to remain at the classiest cricket ground in the country (in my view)..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I admire West Aussie cricket they way it has built a robust red ball program. But have to say that taking this action is certain to be counter productive for the game in the West. Those fans planning to boycott their first Test in three years need to have a rethink if they want Test cricket to remain at the classiest cricket ground in the country (in my view)..

its a dying sport

I just think it is a much better balance. It's a small change, but I think it would make a big difference to both players.

Head could be the best number 6 we have had in a long time.

On Australian pitches sure, he's a donkey when it spins or moves though (not alone there). He was abysmal in the sub continent.

I’d be looking at Renshaw over there.
Handscomb too. Both have a good record against spin in the s/c. Philippe is better than both of them. Absolutely demolished the Sri Lnkan spinners early this year. Pity he has had such a poor start to this season. Still horses for courses.. and CA has hinted there will be some surprises in the squad for India.

Handscomb too. Both have a good record against spin in sub continent.

Pass on Handscomb I am siorry but that technique makes me want to poke my eyes out and if that's his "improved" version, please no. Would rather play Head than that alternative

Idiots running Australian Cricket. Test Match starting on Wednesday is like fixturing an AFL game at Midnight.
All test Matches should start Friday. Crowds will be poor.

Thursday at least

Idiots running Australian Cricket. Test Match starting on Wednesday is like fixturing an AFL game at Midnight.
All test Matches should start Friday. Crowds will be poor.
So you want the players to have 2 days rest after the test?

Remove this Banner Ad

First test of the aussie summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back