First test of the aussie summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's tricky now. If they wanted a new opener really needed to bring them in this summer, rather than trying for a new opener in England and India. So they will stick with Warner.

What concerns me is Usman is 35, Warner is 36 and Smith is 33. I see we have a number 3 and a number 5/6 for the long term and nothing else (Head is not long term IMO).
Perfect opportunity to retire Warner this summer white ball only and being in Renshaw/hunt for India and England

He won't retire this summer because he wants redemption in England.
I can't wait to see him average 2 in England, Archer hopefully back and will cause him to shit himself hard

Davey and his PR crew have already put in the hard work to make the selectors look like bad guys if they drop him before the end of the next Ashes. If he doesn't fail this summer we will be stuck with him failing in India and England unfortunately.

Renshaw would be a great choice of opener in England. Historically it's been our more patient openers that have done well there - especially in recent times (Rogers, Langer) while the more aggressive openers have tended to struggle (Hayden, Warner).

Unfortunately, I think his best chance of playing is if Warner looks as bad as he did last time around, and even then I'd still be surprised if the selectors had the balls to do it.

He won't retire this summer because he wants redemption in England.
Yes I understand that

But we need to be careful looking forward...we have a lot of players over 30 its time to look to start to transition the side. We do not want to be in a situation where 3 blokes retire all at once we had that in the 80s and recently when Mcgrath warner Langer Martyn all went after the ashes. I am expecting that this will be the last overseas Ashes series for Warner if he goes Ussie Lyon Starc and Hazelwood

I see no benefit at this stage of Warner going overseas to india and england....IMO renshaw/hunt could do the job based upon Warnes poor overseas record

and if warner has a average summer this season reckon the calls for him going will get louder....tell him to concentrate the white ball format t20 world cup etc.....I'm happy with that but not england..we will be playing with only 10 men if he goes Broad Archer will have a field day

Still think he needs a big summer to decide his own fate, if he has good summer he will get the india/eng tours but if he averages under 40 you would think they will give him tap on the shoulder before last test.
Our selection has been soft for sone time, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh for * sake
What hurts you so much about this? Genuine question, what triggers you so much? Aren't the left meant to be the ones you claim to be triggered? Yet here you are sulking about us respecting the wishes of the nation we hosting. Grow up mate. My God the right wing weirdos are sooky

Last edited:
Michael Holding: “To those who talk about not mixing sport and politics, why did they not go and play in South Africa during apartheid?”
Don't think any of the current players played in apartheid South Africa, were you trying to make a point by posting a quote that is entirely irrelevant? Jeez you guys need to lay off what you read in the Australian and see on Sky news

Last edited:
Michael Holding: “To those who talk about not mixing sport and politics, why did they not go and play in South Africa during apartheid?”
Sorry to burst your bubble but in the few series prior to Mikey retiring he was very "pro knee"

Big_e is using that quote to support the players kneeling though, crazy anybody could be offended by this anyway the stated goal of the windies with taking the knee was to fight racism why on earth would that offend a person unless the person is a racist?

"people shouldn't be racist and all people should be treated equally under the law" shouldnt even be seen as political not unless we are admitting a certain groups of political supporters essentially use race as a wedge issue to further their political ambitions.

Having the test start on a Wed is a joke all tests should start on a Friday unless it’s a holiday
That isn't possible with the minimum three days between matches. Friday-Tuesday means the Wednesday to Friday have to be days off. I always presumed this was why we had so many matches start on the Thursday, to allow the next match to start on a Friday. Wednesday makes little sense, unless Seven prefer (it three reasonably sure-fire prime time weekdays, which rate higher than Saturdays).

The three day minimum is also why Sydney starts on 3rd Jan, instead of 2nd Jan as it did prior to the mid-90s when the ICC adopted the rule at the demand of players. (And possibly part of why the push for four day tests exists)

Don't think any of the current players played in apartheid South Africa, were you trying to make a point by posting a quote that is entirely irrelevant? Jeez you guys need to lay off what you read in the Australian and see on Sky news
I support taking a knee.

The Holding quote highlights that sport and politics goes together quite frequently.

Australian cricket has taken a stand against racism in the past, and everyone supported that. So for people to be triggered by taking a knee is inconsistent, mean-spirited and a little bit stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

First test of the aussie summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back