Fixture 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Were pushing for Collingwood I heard.
Better not be Sunday night.
That's just ****ed. Everyone will be busy getting ready for work, dealing with kids, winding down from the weekend, no TV coverage for 90% of the country.

So we get home round 1, 3 & 4 (Talk is GC will play Freo and us in consecutive weeks) freo round 3 as the suns "home" game, then us in round 4. Not a bad start to the year, travel wise.
The easiest 4 points we will ever get, if we get the Suns after they have already been to Perth.

Why in the **** would you have the opening of this new incredible stadium on a ******* Sunday night? What kind of bullshit is this?
Will have everything to do with the unfinished foot bridge. Expect a lot of Sunday afternoon games as a result, up until the bye. Then we will have a surplus of Friday/Saturday nights me thinks.

Why in the **** would you have the opening of this new incredible stadium on a ******* Sunday night? What kind of bullshit is this?
Daylight savings. It is still on over east on that weekend. So its either a 4pm start on Saturday or Sunday. Obvious choice to schedule our game as the Sunday evening game.

I am really glad they have gone with a less supportered in WA club. Personally wanted GWS as thought it would have been a cracking game and we are starting to get a little history between the clubs. But will take Sydney. Didn't want a club with a larger supporter base taking up tickets. 58000 eagles fans & 2000 swans. Going to be epic.

So Freo get an away game against gold coast at home? Surely with that comes shitty away trips to NT, North Queensland or Tasmania to make up for it. If we get sent there because some shitty broke ass victorian club cant pay the bills i will be pissed

Damn lol, they get first Perth stadium game on FTA and under lights, and an extra 'home' game while we get the first game against a Sydney team who will probably towel us up on a Sunday twilight. If they got the 'away' game vs GC because we got the first game then they won out massively there. Good thing we're not really contending next year or I'd be livid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn lol, they get first Perth stadium game on FTA and under lights, and an extra 'home' game while we get the first game against a Sydney team who will probably towel us up on a Sunday twilight. If they got the 'away' game vs GC because we got the first game then they won out massively there. Good thing we're not really contending next year or I'd be livid.

Can’t remember the last time Sydney started a season in good form, so even if we are shit next year I would still be wanting to pencil this one in as a win

What time did you think it would start on Saturday night?
5.40? Sun would've well and truly set by half time. 8.40 start for those pathetic Victorians.

The ****ing Scorchers had games start at 6.30 local time (9.30 over east) last season, it's a miracle those easteners survived such a horrific ordeal.

Was hoping the new stadium would put an end to shitty and lifeless Sunday games, but here we are, round 1...
We will get more and more of them because it suits Foxtel and unlike most other places with a Sun twilight slot, people here still turn up.

Better not be Sunday night.
That's just ******. Everyone will be busy getting ready for work, dealing with kids, winding down from the weekend, no TV coverage for 90% of the country.
You would think the AFL would make it a Saturday or Saturday night game for prime viewing seeing as it's the first AFL game at the new Stadium! Can't be a Friday night game due to the footbridge not being completed.

Unbelievable, the dick timeslot no one wants, probably be stinking hot. Surely Friday or Saturday night was the obvious slot.
That's just a big FU to the Eagles and WA in general.
The Government has asked for no Friday (or Thursday) night games due to the footbridge not being completed and the work crowd would be trying to get home at the same time. It would be chaos as our Public Transport would not cope!

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back