Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Graeme Hadley is our head recruiter.

Craig Brittain stepped down from that role after the 2008 draft to become a full-time development coach and coach of the reserves.

OK, cheers.:thumbsu:

Richmond's statement.

Rawlings, McRae depart Punt Road

Richmond has announced that Jade Rawlings and Craig McRae will not continue at the club next season, with both agreeing to join the Brisbane Lions Football Club in coaching roles.

Rawlings joined Richmond in 2007 as an assistant coach, combining that duty with a senior coaching role with the Club’s VFL affiliate, Coburg, in 2008.

Rest of article here....

I don't have a problem with McRae coming back, he knows how to play hard, knows what a winning team + club culture is all about.......not so sure about Jade Rawlings, this worries me....how can he teach our young ones, when he comes from one of the worst clubs going around?..

Feel free to inform me better if you know more about Rawlings than I obviously do...I need to be convinced about this:eek:

I think I just feel uneasy because it seems to be a mass exodus..Hope Leppa stays..

Voss.

"We are really pleased that Jade and Craig have decided to join the Lions because we strongly believe that they will be a terrific asset for our playing group," Voss said.

"Although he is only 31, Jade has already spent a few years in the coaching system and has gained invaluable experience this season in a senior AFL role."

"Craig will obviously be no stranger to the club and I'm sure our members and supporters will be rapt to have him back in the Lions den."

Rawlings is a good pick up.

He has been through some very professional clubs as a player in Hawthorn and North, played at the Bulldogs as well, but we wont hold that completly against him:p.

So he has had experience at 4 clubs, 4 systems and comes here as part of one of the youngest coaching panels ever.

I like the looks of it:thumbsu:

PS - North highly regard his brother as a coach as well, pretty sure that he is already part of their development coaching staff while he is playing.

Bugger. Really thought we'd be able to use his tactical nous. 'Sif move to Adelaide.

Unless we are planning to have a smaller footy department this year, by my count there should be two more coaching appointments coming.

Justin Leppitsch (assistant coach)-----> Jade Rawlings (assistant coach)
Wayne Brittain (assistant coach) ------>?????????

Chris Johnson (development coach) -------> Craig McRae (development coach)
Craig Brittain (development coach) -------> ???????

Scott Watters was said to be in talks with the club and would be a smart appointment IMO.

I wonder which other candidates are still available?

Bugger. Really thought we'd be able to use his tactical nous. 'Sif move to Adelaide.

Unless we are planning to have a smaller footy department this year, by my count there should be two more coaching appointments coming.

Justin Leppitsch (assistant coach)-----> Jade Rawlings (assistant coach)
Wayne Brittain (assistant coach) ------>?????????

Chris Johnson (development coach) -------> Craig McRae (development coach)
Craig Brittain (development coach) -------> ???????

Scott Watters was said to be in talks with the club and would be a smart appointment IMO.

I wonder which other candidates are still available?

IIRC we are also in talks with the current coach of the Redlands in QAFL (Not sure wo he is).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Lucas or Micky O would be great forward assistant coaches.

Based on?

Lucas was one of the most selfish forwards the game has ever seen. Not sure I'd want him working with our forward group.

He did grow up following Fitzroy before he turned to the dark side thus proving he was once a decent bloke. I fear that he may be damaged goods now though after so long in the "Temple of Superiority".

He did grow up following Fitzroy before he turned to the dark side thus proving he was once a decent bloke. I fear that he may be damaged goods now though after so long in the "Temple of Superiority".

Bernie Quinlan was his favorite player, apparently he ran out onto the ground when he kicked his 100

Assuming Max Hudghton hangs up the boots as predicted, geez he'd be a great assett as a defensive coach.

The guy is an utter professional that has the respect of the entire footy world. Queenslander to boot.

Hope we push hard for him.

Agree....Have a real soft spot for Maxie...he came to my work years ago and was there for couple hours..he was such a nice guy, spoke to everyone, nothing uppity about him at all..just a normal friendly young man..

Lynchy's Brother to Lions

IN just one week, Wesley Vale's Manny Lynch has gone from OH&S officer at Aurora Energy to Brisbane Lions' development coach. The former Latrobe and Tassie Mariners coach will join fellow Coaster Jade Rawlings on the AFL team's coaching staff for next year.
Lynch submitted a CV to the Lions some time ago without reply until Monday.
Current coach Michael Voss, who completed his level three AFL high performance coaching certificate in the same intake as Rawlings and Lynch, told him he wanted to meet at the AFL draft camp on Wednesday.
Lynch flew up on short notice and spent more than four hours being interviewed by Brisbane Lions management. His position was confirmed yesterday.

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/news/...les/lynch-to-join-brisbane-lions/1639851.aspx

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back