Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Watters was said to be in talks with the club and would be a smart appointment IMO.

Wonder if we're still hunting him. Roos have made him an offer but we're not in the listed chasers.

Watters wanted
NORTH Melbourne officials will fly to Perth today to offer Scott Watters an assistant coaching role.
The Kangaroos and Collingwood are chasing the two-time WAFL premiership coach.
Subiaco's Watters, who groomed NAB Rising Star Daniel Rich and Fremantle's Greg Broughton, is expected to decide next week.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jack-trengoves-the-one/story-e6frf9jf-1225785567362

Manny Lynchhttp://www.themercury.com.au/article/2009/10/03/101221_afl.html

Lynch replaces former Brisbane Lions utility Chris Johnson, who was an assistant under Michael Voss, and will take on a development role with the club's first, second and third-year players.

He will also be responsible for implementing leadership programs for the entire list, as well as having a match-day role and working with Craig McRae coaching the reserves.

"I put a bit of a 'Hail Mary' CV in as you do, highlighting my points of difference, not what everyone else delivers," Lynch said yesterday.

Bit late there irel.;)

This is what he looks like.

lynch.jpg

Does anyone know whether or not we have all the pieces of our coaching team in place for 2010, i.e have we replaced all who moved on, or have we still got another appointment to make?

Does anyone know whether or not we have all the pieces of our coaching team in place for 2010, i.e have we replaced all who moved on, or have we still got another appointment to make?

Out: W Brittain, C Brittain, Leppitsch, Johnson
In: Rawlings, McRae, Lynch, McDonald (has gone full time)

That is 4 out, 4 in.

Jade Rawlings
Craig McRae
Manny Lynch
Adrian Fletcher
Craig Lambert
Beau McDonald

I reckon that will be it for 2010.

Finalised Coaching department: http://www.lions.com.au/tabid/5085/default.aspx?newsid=86778

Former dual premiership ruckman Beau McDonald will continue with the Club in 2010 as a full-time Position Coach.

Manny Lynch joins the Club as its Leadership & Development Coach after previous coaching stints with LaTrobe in the Northern Tasmanian Football League (NTFL), the Tassie Devils VFL team and the Tassie Mariners' U18 TAC Cup side.

Lions lose out as Graeme Allan teams with Kevin Sheedy
Mike Sheahan
Herald Sun
February 15, 2010 12:00AM

The Brisbane Lions football manager of the past 11 years and former Collingwood football manager advised the Lions at the weekend of his shock decision.
Allan, 55, is contracted to the Lions for 2010, but, given his new direction, the likelihood is the parties will part company as soon as practicable, freeing him to get started within weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if his replacement may come from within.

Craig Lambert may be a possibility. Would like to see the club cast the net far and wide though.

Agree with all of that. The only worry I have is that it may be a bad time for us to be trying to find the best replacement. A lot of people locked away under contract and not really looking for a change at this time of the year and we really need the appointment not to drag out with all the GC17 stuff on the horizon.

Al Lynch?

Not a bad suggestion at all.

Good balance of business nous and footy club experience. After spending a few years as a player manager, he'd see through some of the bullshit that gets used at contract time.

Would have to put his broadcasting career on hold though.

I sometimes feel the Lions overdo the nepotism thing at times though... outside perspective has value too.

Brisbane Lions on the prowl to replace Graeme Allan

BRISBANE will not limit their search for a new football manager to AFL circles, and will scour the ranks of rival sporting codes to find the right man for the job.

The Lions yesterday rejected reports they would seek a please explain from the AFL or try to delay former football manager Graeme Allan's departure to head up football operations at newly formed Greater Western Sydney club.

Chairman Tony Kelly said the club would pick the best administrator available regardless of sporting background.

Rest of article here...

Paul Roos would be a good candidate for Gubby's job when he finishes up at the end of this year. Not sure what he has plans for (if any) after coaching the swans.

Paul Roos would be a good candidate for Gubby's job when he finishes up at the end of this year. Not sure what he has plans for (if any) after coaching the swans.

I read somewhere he just wanted to spend more time with his family after coaching. I believed he could have coached for a few more years :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back