Footscray Football Club in meltdown

Remove this Banner Ad

We can go on tit for tat but despite the current turmoil, Aker has provided more for the Dogs than Cameron Wood has at Collingwood.

Premiership window slamming shut and the doggies have kept themselves at 3-5 range by recruiting the oldies, thus delaying the rebuilding and making it more and more painful. Terrible time to need to start it too, what with GC and GWS.

The time in the wilderness is going to make late 90's Collingwood or Terry Wallace era Tiges look successful.

Premiership window slamming shut and the doggies have kept themselves at 3-5 range by recruiting the oldies, thus delaying the rebuilding and making it more and more painful. Terrible time to need to start it too, what with GC and GWS.

The time in the wilderness is going to make late 90's Collingwood or Terry Wallace era Tiges look successful.

You need to keep up better Wokko

Doggies get 2 first round equivalents this year and are not really effected by Gold Coast draft concessions.

Bullying is persistent unwelcome behaviour, mostly using unwarranted or invalid criticism, fault finding, exclusion or isolation.

Instances of workplace bullying have the deliberate intent of causing physical and psychological distress to others and can include behaviour that intimidates, offends, degrades or humiliates a worker, possibly in front of co-workers, clients or customers
Criticism is probably warranted when an AFL footballer's on-field and off-field performance haven't delighted the football club.
Secondly, I don't think the Leading Teams meeting where they made a 'unanimous decision' to sack Aker was held with the purpose of distressing Akermanis, but with the purpose of sacking Aker because they thought it would make their football club run better and improve the club image/appease their sponsors & the AFL.

I don't believe getting rid of Aker will help the club in any way, but it's not bullying I don't think according to those definitions. I'm a reasonable person, and so that is one who doesn't think the Bulldogs are liable to workplace harrassment suits.

Western Bulldogs are simply not in ....meltdown!

Time will tell, but these sort of distractions, at this stage of the season tend to have very dire consequences.

Acker has had his day on the field as a champ, some spectacular contributions last year. It's just over.

All finished except for the 'cash in on the hype' and launch of likely a successful media career.

The dainty ****s that now can't comfortably comeout and are having hissy fits... definitely can't win in September;)

"It is a pretty confronting, 360-degree feedback method that Leading Teams employs. It can have the potential to lead to a situation where a player may feel they were being ganged-up on.

You just have to know how to handle it.

Bulldogs Rookie: Maybe you should spend a couple of days working in a homeless shelter Jase?

Acker: And what outcome would you hope that would achieve - I mean, apart from helping the homeless...??

Rookie: :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deflection? Nah. What was I deflecting? I had made no comment to you regarding the situation.
Did I comment upon your Hypocrisy? Yeah.
Surely you can even see the irony in your comments. Or are you not allowed to truly speak forth because of..INJUNCTION.
Or is it a blind faith team thing? Or a "do as my team does" thing
:rolleyes:

I didn't realise that Akermansis evil twin was sacked at Hawthorn FC? Is that the hypocrisy you are talking about?

Again, this is not about Hawthorn it's about the Bulldogs. Did you check the thread title? You are deflecting which again speaks volumes. Just like the your CEO conveniently did. "I'm not a football person, I'm the just the Chief Executive Officer of a football club." Just like this thread is about Hawthorn and not the Bulldogs. :rolleyes:

Worry about your own club, the 'leaks' we got from a certain medical clinic have not been forgotten.

Worry? I'm not worried. I'm not worried about your club at all. Just expressing an opinion.

Our club is doing pretty well at the moment, I don't see how it is irrelevant. Maybe you should use that highly perceptive brain on yours and point it at your club where it is necessary.

Criticism is probably warranted when an AFL footballer's on-field and off-field performance haven't delighted the football club.
Secondly, I don't think the Leading Teams meeting where they made a 'unanimous decision' to sack Aker was held with the purpose of distressing Akermanis, but with the purpose of sacking Aker because they thought it would make their football club run better and improve the club image/appease their sponsors & the AFL.

I don't believe getting rid of Aker will help the club in any way, but it's not bullying I don't think according to those definitions. I'm a reasonable person, and so that is one who doesn't think the Bulldogs are liable to workplace harrassment suits.

WTF are you on about?

The meetings they are talking about are the 3 times they made him sit out the front surrounded by team mates potting him and telling him to go stay in a bloody homeless shelter.

Imagine some spud telling you that when you are a triple premiership player, with 2 B&F's, 4 AA's and a brownlow medal who grew up poor with your mum struggling to put food on the table.

What a F'ing JOKE!!!!!

Wow - what a woeful thread.

Bulldogs supporters being hyper-defensive and playing the man. Supporters from other clubs piling on in a mindless fashion.

Surely one thing we can all agree on is that none of us know what the hell went on down there. Aker's certainly had his say. But it's pretty clear he has a tendency to gild the lily a bit (people have noted a few contradictions in his statements already), and the Bulldogs are refusing to provide any details themselves.

Personally, I hope it stays that way. The leaking, whether by Aker or by anyone else, really needs to stop.

As for whether the Dogs are "in meltdown", we'll see at the end of the season. Teams can go either way in these kinds of situations.

Before all this happened, we were looking like we'd come 5th and probably go out in the 2nd or 3rd week of finals. So let's see where we end up and then decide whether it was a good decision or not, hey?

Oh, by the way, putting what was the best decision for the bulldogs to make aside:

Even though Aker's position at the club seemed untenable to me, I have kept a pretty open mind about him as a person. Have had a soft spot for Aker his whole career. But the first time he really disappointed me was when he pretty much outed Mitch Hahn as one of his dissenting supporters on the Footy Show.

Mitch is a real servant to the club, but he's looking hard-pressed to retain his position on the list at the end of this year. And I thought Aker's desperation to drag him into Aker's little war was very very ordinary.

Still wish Aker the best though. And even though it ended poorly, I'm really glad we got him to the club, and grateful that Aker came.

Complete gold :thumbsu:
Well all he did was his job .Playing football and being a media commentator.
Brad "goody two shoes" Johnson dudded him and was the main antagonist
that set up the belittling of Acker. That was a disgrace. Johnson has done the dog act
and is really and truelly a dog, if you know whay I mean.
Johno just dropped into the sh#t bucket for mine. I liked him as a footballer and a bloke, but I think he's a you know what now.
There are problems a brewing in that place . If they win the flag I will be astounded!

Wow - what a woeful thread.

Bulldogs supporters being hyper-defensive and playing the man. Supporters from other clubs piling on in a mindless fashion.

Surely one thing we can all agree on is that none of us know what the hell went on down there. Aker's certainly had his say. But it's pretty clear he has a tendency to gild the lily a bit (people have noted a few contradictions in his statements already), and the Bulldogs are refusing to provide any details themselves.

Personally, I hope it stays that way. The leaking, whether by Aker or by anyone else, really needs to stop.

As for whether the Dogs are "in meltdown", we'll see at the end of the season. Teams can go either way in these kinds of situations.

Before all this happened, we were looking like we'd come 5th and probably go out in the 2nd or 3rd week of finals. So let's see where we end up and then decide whether it was a good decision or not, hey?
What people have noted things, and how would they know?

Not a big fan of the dogs anymore, seem far too arrogant for a club that has achieved little, the treatment of Aker even though he is an all star ******** was unwarranted, dont make excuses we all know once he stopped kicking goals he would become a distraction, Rohan Smith just topped it off, a bloke that has wasted 300 days on a football field and most of his life for not even a single medal, telling aker a 3 time premiership brownlow AA what he will be remembered for ffs...

As for Brad Johnson, do us all a favor and retire.

I hate aker as much as the next bloke, but he deserved better than that and I hope he opens his big fat idiot mouth and tells all because its decent entertainment.

It was touch and go whether he would continue after the end of last season.

Club and player belatedely came to a decision, with Aker taking a massive pay cut, thus earning more from his media commitments.

It didn't work out.

Absolutey none of us should be suprised.

Move on.

Goes both ways really. How many times have the doggies made the Grand Final in the last 10 years? at least the Pies have done that twice.

Wouldn't have anything to do with their gifted fixture would it?

The dogs play in every state and territory in 2008, and still managed to make top 4. Imagine if Collingwood had to do that:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Footscray Football Club in meltdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back