Footscray Football Club in meltdown

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how all the amateur psychologists are coming out with stuff like this. Kinda like how half of Big Footy posters turn into lawyers when a fooballer breaks the law. Funny stuff. :thumbsu:

I am a professional who works with people with personality disorders, so I think I am qualified to speak on this. What are your quals?

Agree with this. Loved the call Aker made about Smith, it's so true. Aker was a gun, I still remember how much it hurt seeing his late snap goal that pretty much won the Lions the 02 granny; it hurt but he was a class above.

I thought he was brilliant last night but also special mention to the Bulldogs CEO Rose, that was gutsy on his behalf.

I still hope they make the finals and somehow manage to play us just so we can beat em again!!

Yes, Aker was a brilliant footballer with a lot of professional success. But Smithy still has a club, where he is held in high regard, where he made lifelong friends, and found a lot of personal satisfaction. Where's Aker's club and where's the lifelong friends he made from his football career?

So if you believe Aker - dismissed from 2 clubs you are an independent thinker

If you support those in charge for taking charge and making decision you are a pathetic sheep.

Thanks for letting me know how that works.

Nice to know that you can form an opinion regardless of your knowledge of the total picture.

Honestly I (like everyone else) cannot presume to know everything involved in this and must trust those in charge who are fully equipped.

That makes it fairly simple to support the administration as it plain to see that Aker is unable to comprehend where the truth is.

You completely miss the point. If you take your love of the club out of the equation, look at things objectively and come up with the conclusion you have now then all good and so be it.

But you were insinuating that you don't need to do any of that and you will just blindly follow what the club says. Then when the captain does exactly what i mentioned at the beginning of the post, he gets hammered from pillar to post and his thread gets locked!

WTF!! He has formed an opinion but because it isn't the club line he gets knocked by all the dogs supporters.

I constantly evaluate what Collingwood do as a club and plenty of times i think they get it wrong. The difference is you guys would never question them so how the hell would you know what is going on or if they are doing the right thing when you are:
more trusting of the people in charge and happy to toe the line the club has chosen.

Yes, Aker was a brilliant footballer with a lot of professional success. But Smithy still has a club, where he is held in high regard, where he made lifelong friends, and found a lot of personal satisfaction. Where's Aker's club and where's the lifelong friends he made from his football career?

Yes, the same Rohan Smith who was 'gifted' a 300th game even though he should of been delisted the year before. Yes, it appears you like to reward mediocrity and stifle genius.

In any case good luck for the rest of the season and beyond, as you will need it due to the continuing subversiveness and leaking at the club.

If getting rid of Akermanis is the best move your club has made in a long time you seriously need to do some re-evaluating

How can you be proud when you havent won a premiership since 1954? Are you proud that your team chokes in the finals every time they get there?

thats fitting coming from a supporter who hasnt even got a team together yet

Correct!

Your club will NEVER ever have 10 premierships to it's name.

Your club will NEVER have a sustained period of success in which it will become the most respected and feared football team in the country.

Your club will never amount to anything!
what a tool, your club aint respected or feared, your just waiting for the top 9 to come into play

as you will need it due to the continuing subversiveness and leaking at the club.
Thanks Roby! You have provided the much sought after one-liner that precedes the answer... "injunction". Sportsman's nights will forever thank you for your honesty and diligence and demonstration of circumnavigating the truth by piss weak legal recourse.
Go da honourable Hawks!

Thanks Roby! You have provided the much sought after one-liner that precedes the answer... "injunction". Sportsman's nights will forever thank you for your honesty and diligence and demonstration of circumnavigating the truth by piss weak legal recourse.
Go da honourable Hawks!

It appears that the usual deflecting PR at the Bulldogs in endemic and perpetuating throughout the supporter base.

Your decision to be ignorant in the matter speaks louder than anything else you can vent.

Finally some sense spoken from Tom Harley @ half time on channel 7.

Could not praise the Bulldogs enough. Funnily enough all respected ex players and journo's have highly commended the way the dogs have handled it.

Seems the drama queens on Big Footy are the ones who have the biggest problem with it all.

Who else was bloody sitting on that panel...BRAD JOHNSON AND LEIGH MATTHEWS. Did you honestly expect Tom Harley to say any different with those guys sitting next to him and being his colleagues?

It appears that the usual deflecting PR at the Bulldogs in endemic and perpetuating throughout the supporter base.

Your decision to be ignorant in the matter speaks louder than anything else you can vent.
Deflection? Nah. What was I deflecting? I had made no comment to you regarding the situation.
Did I comment upon your Hypocrisy? Yeah.
Surely you can even see the irony in your comments. Or are you not allowed to truly speak forth because of..INJUNCTION.
Or is it a blind faith team thing? Or a "do as my team does" thing
:rolleyes:

You completely miss the point. If you take your love of the club out of the equation, look at things objectively and come up with the conclusion you have now then all good and so be it.

But you were insinuating that you don't need to do any of that and you will just blindly follow what the club says. Then when the captain does exactly what i mentioned at the beginning of the post, he gets hammered from pillar to post and his thread gets locked!

WTF!! He has formed an opinion but because it isn't the club line he gets knocked by all the dogs supporters.

I constantly evaluate what Collingwood do as a club and plenty of times i think they get it wrong. The difference is you guys would never question them so how the hell would you know what is going on or if they are doing the right thing when you are:

I have not missed any point at all.

The conclusion I have reached is irrespective of my love of the club. On the basis of the information available I believe the club has handled this as well as could be expected. Just because Aker is a publicity seeker does not make it any different.

How do you know if we question the club on other matters?

If we follow that logic we are not permitted to accept their decisions on anything.

The Western Bulldogs are now a well run organisation and the people charged with making decisions have made and implemented a decision, so that the business of the organisation can continue.

That seems a pretty sound approach to me.

Interesting to see that Smorgan was too gutless to front the Footy Show ad sent the CEO instead.ASAIC Footscray are copping their fair whack for recruiting a player like Acker
If Mathews and multiple premiership wining Brisbane could not control the egomanic then a lesser club like Footscray had no hope and it was always going to end in tears.I will be very surprised if the Dogs make it past the PF again this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else was bloody sitting on that panel...BRAD JOHNSON AND LEIGH MATTHEWS. Did you honestly expect Tom Harley to say any different with those guys sitting next to him and being his colleagues?

So....your inference is that somehow Harley has voiced an opinion in sync with Matthews/Johnson which is not his true opinion.
And why would that be do you think?
Channel 7 told him he had to?
He is in awe of Matthews/Johnson and wants them to like him?
Some other reason?

Enlighten me, and others please, because I was under the (obvious) misapprehension that Harley was a sensible grown man capable of forming his own opinion, based (not exclusively) on experience as a long-time leader at a similar organisation in the same employment field!

Yes, the same Rohan Smith who was 'gifted' a 300th game even though he should of been delisted the year before. Yes, it appears you like to reward mediocrity and stifle genius.

In any case good luck for the rest of the season and beyond, as you will need it due to the continuing subversiveness and leaking at the club.

Worry about your own club, the 'leaks' we got from a certain medical clinic have not been forgotten.

Rohan Smith, ahaha, could only play 300 at the bulldogs. Like the rest of their 300 game "hero's".

The Bulldogs are happy to carry these washed up hacks to 300 games just to try and stay relevant.

Rohan Smith, ahaha, could only play 300 at the bulldogs. Like the rest of their 300 game "hero's".

The Bulldogs are happy to carry these washed up hacks to 300 games just to try and stay relevant.

not as bad as allowing anthony rocca and leigh brown reach 200 games.

Alas i too were fooled by the mighty grin of captain Goliath Oompa-Loompa. His dirty paw prints are all over this.

hard to believe Acker has so many friends from opposition clubs,
considering the amount of boos he gets each game.:confused:

had this not of happened he would have been playing at willy then he would have he's head in the paper at least twice next weak claiming he's hard done by

Remind me again, who won that game? And the last time we played you?

While you're at it, remind me who is ontop of the ladder, and who is fighting for a spot in the top 6?

I dont think that the club or the aflpa understands their obligations under the current legislation. By giving power to the players to pull other players into the party line, is harrassment.IF any player feels uncomfortable and harrassed by this, its bullying. ITS about how the person is made feel, by the actions of the others. Ganging up on one person is illegal under the legislation.

Bullying is persistent unwelcome behaviour, mostly using unwarranted or invalid criticism, fault finding, exclusion or isolation.

Instances of workplace bullying have the deliberate intent of causing physical and psychological distress to others and can include behaviour that intimidates, offends, degrades or humiliates a worker, possibly in front of co-workers, clients or customers

Behaviour will only be defined as bullying if a “reasonable person” observing the situation would consider it to be bullying. The reasonable person is defined as an objective third party.

http://www.workershealth.com.au/facts027.html

http://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/428.htm.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27452185-5018851,00.html

While Akermanis has made no official complaint, the AFLPA urged clubs using the Leading Teams principles to consider the possibility some players may not be suited to the system.

"We don't have any specific concerns but certainly we are aware that it has made some players uncomfortable," AFLPA spokesman Ben Hart said.

"It is a pretty confronting, 360-degree feedback method that Leading Teams employs. It can have the potential to lead to a situation where a player may feel they were being ganged-up on.

hard to believe Acker has so many friends from opposition clubs,
considering the amount of boos he gets each game.:confused:

had this not of happened he would have been playing at willy then he would have he's head in the paper at least twice next weak claiming he's hard done by

It happens with every situation with players of all clubs. People feel they have to have something to complain about or show their strong moral fibre about. And lets face it, the main board does aim to the lowest common denominator.

Will be interesting to see how much fall out from genuine Bulldog supporters(as opposed to the losers who sign up with fake accounts) there will be. There are a few respected doggies supporters who arn't happy about it, but pretty confident they will continue supporting the club as before. This soap opera will be all forgotten about in a weeks time and the issue of winning and losing will take precedence as it should.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footscray Football Club in meltdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back